Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone watch "The Good Wife" - ??

I started watching this when it became available on Amazon Instant Prime. So this is the first season I've watched a week at a time. I love it! But I was so shocked at this week! I had no idea that was going to happen!! Even my DH had read about it (he doesn't watch it). I thought Will and Alicia together were hot, so I'm sad. The rest of the season looks great!

Anyone else watch?
Old 03-25-2014, 10:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

I started watching a little while ago and got hooked immediately. Just had to go back and watch all the previous episodes. I got a chance to see the latest episode yesterday...and I hate Will had to leave that way, but I am actually thinking this will help the show. He always got on my nerves. Seemed like a little puppy dog when it came to Alicia and all sad/mad when she didn't pay him attention...drove me crazy (lol!). Now that this happened... I think she will actually be able to progress further in her career and not be worried about some old boyfriend but I am sure they are going to play out the grieving in the entire next episode.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started last year and I watched almost 4 full seasons but kinda stopped halfway through the 4th.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was hooked for a while -- it's a really great show. I got a little tired of all the twists with the firm/legal politics after a while and stopped watching last year.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:16 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I was SHOCKED..did you read the letter from the creators?

Quote:
Dear Loyal Good Wife Fans,

We, like you, mourn the loss of Will Gardner. And while Will is gone, our beloved Josh Charles is very much alive and remains an integral part of our family.

The Good Wife, at its heart, is the “Education of Alicia Florrick.” To us, there always was a tragedy at the center of Will and Alicia’s relationship: the tragedy of bad timing. And when faced with the gut punch of Josh’s decision, made over a year ago, to move on to other creative endeavors, we had a major choice to make.

We could “send him off to Seattle,” he could be disbarred, or get married, or go off to Borneo to do good works. But there was something in the passion that Will and Alicia shared that made distance a meager hurdle. The brutal honesty and reality of death speaks to the truth and tragedy of bad timing for these two characters. Will’s death propels Alicia into her newest incarnation.

Death also created a new dramatic “hub” for the show. We’re always looking for these turning points—some event midway through the season that will spin everybody’s lives in new directions. These turning points keep the show from slipping into a numbing sameness, and keep the characters fresh: because you see how they react to a completely new status quo. Will’s death in many ways becomes a hub for the whole series, violently spinning everybody innew directions.

Finally, we chose the tragic route for Will’s send-off for personal reasons. We’ve all experienced the sudden death of a loved one in our lives. It’s terrifying how a perfectly normal and sunny day can suddenly explode with tragedy. Television, in our opinion, doesn’t deal with this enough: the irredeemability of death. Your last time with the loved one will always remain your last time. The Good Wife is a show about human behavior and emotion, and death, as sad and unfair as it can be, is a part of the human experience that we want to share.

Thank you for listening...and watching and caring and inspiring us to rise to the level of your passion and intelligence. There are seven wonderful episodes to follow this season and Josh will be directing one of them. We think you will enjoy them. It’s not all tears -- there is comedy too. Michael J. Fox is back for four episodes. Dylan Baker. Dallas Roberts. Stockard Channing, as well as amazing new guest actors. And of course, Julianna does some of the best work of her life. Archie, Christine, Alan, Chris and Matt as well. Life does go on.

We’ve always taken as a guiding principle of this show that drama isn’t in the event; it’s in the aftermath of the event. We think you’ll find that true of this episode

Thank you for your devotion to the show – we are continually grateful.

With all our thanks,

Robert & Michelle King
here's the link on the cbs website lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's one of my favorites. I was floored as well, but with the Josh Charles leaving, I think it was the best direction for the show.

Penny
Old 03-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Springmann View Post
It's one of my favorites.
same here!! and I'm curious to see the last epi - I have to wait few more days to be able to watch it, but OF COURSE I saw the spoiler this weekend and was really surprised!!

and more: I think that will make the serie even better! of course I like Will, but what a courage from the people for doing what they did! I like that!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Interesting letter! I have to say, I identify somewhat with Alicia in giving up her career to be the mom and then going back to work 15 years later (although for other reasons and I have been working jobs from home all this time). Darn there is no good-looking guy from my past to have an affair with. (oh, gosh, I'm JUST KIDDING! )

But yeah, this show has only gotten better, IMO.