Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default do you have problems keeping the gifts a secret?

Not for your kids trying to figure them out but because you are practically bursting at the seams to tell the recipient what they got? I am dying to tell my husband and kids what they are getting or just give them the presents but I am trying my best to hold off. It is soooo hard. So am I the only one who is like a little kid when it comes to christmas?

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-03-2011, 09:36 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

i have the opposite issue.. the bf keeps trying to make me guess what he's getting. no plus *everything* i mention turns into "oh that'd be a good christmas present! on the list!"

this will be my first year really getting gifts for christmas in a long long time.. like since teenagerhood.. i would like to be surprised, and i refuse to guess !!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm right with you, Jess. I already told my husband what he was getting for Christmas. I just couldn't help it. Thankfully, our anniversary is the 23 and I've vowed to keep that present a secret. I just love the gift giving aspect of Christmas.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

No, I don't have that problem, but my husband does. He knows that I want a surprise but then manages to either leave the box laying out, leaves the receipt on the bar, or whatnot...I can't recall the last surprise he actually gave me.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No, I never tell (or have the desire) ... my husband on the other hand, cannot keep a secret!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

YES! I can't wait for them to just start USING it! LOL My oldest doesn't want to be surprised, so that doesn't help. However, I did manage to surprise her last year. She is HUGE Google fan and asked for Google coffee mug for her gift. The ONLY gift in her wish list. I have a co-worker whose DH worked for Google. So, I asked her about it and I ended up getting the mug, lighted pen(with Google logo on it) and little wind-up google man(or whatever he's called lol). She was THRILLED with that little wind-up toy! LOL You'd think she's 2 yrs old! LOL

Her birthday usually falls during new Google product launches and I LOVE it! I stay up late night and send her the invite so that first thing on her birthday, she gets those invites. One year, I sent her invite for Google Wave, last year was something else and this year, it was Google Music. I could hear her scream from her room when she gets the email! LOL
Old 12-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i ALWAYS have that problem with any present. not just christmas ones LOL

Old 12-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
No, I never tell (or have the desire) ... my husband on the other hand, cannot keep a secret!
totally this at my house!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE secrets and am a really good secret-keeper. So is my husband. Though I would really love to give him the wool overcoat early, since it's supposed to be REALLY COLD this next week and all he has is a fleece half-zip jacket from Old Navy that's many years old. And I almost slipped today and nearly told him to get the bluay version of Winnie the Pooh. I didn't, though.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No problem at all. Yes, I can't wait to see what the reaction will be to the present, but I'd never tell. And I'd never want to know myself. Must have been born like this, because even as a child I never looked for presents. Sometimes I even knew where they were and was bursting to know, yet I never looked because I didn't want to spoil it all.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

For the most part, I don't have a problem... the other year I was soooo proud of what I got hubby and he was bugging me to tell him and I told him no, so he started to guess... and when he guessed it, I who make a really bad poker player, was so upset that he guessed it... he is so hard to buy for to begin with...
Old 12-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Kind of. I can't wait to wrap the gifts ( I love wrapping! ) and then seeing the kids faces as they open then. Plus this is Lilly's "first" Christmas (were she can open gifts) so I can't wait for her to get to experience it.

Troy (my almost 4 year old) is the only one who's asking what he got for his birthday and for Christmas.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Nope, I love, love, love surprises. My little brother on the other hand has a big problem keeping gifts a surprise.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

My hubby and I are horrible. We can't seem to stop from telling each other! But we have no problems keeping the secret for the kiddo.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

this year is really hard because I bought my daughter a laptop. She is using a little itty-bitty netbook and it has a cracked cover and runs on XP. I am so excited for her to open the 17 inch laptop I bought her! I know she is going to freak and it will be so much easier for her to do stuff on her computer now. It has a huge hard drive compared to her netbook. So that is one thing thats bugging me and then my son I got an Indo Board. It was the first time in a long time he has actually requested a specific gift. Usually I ask and he says I dont know or whatever you get me would be fine so I know him saying he wanted an Indo Board is something that he is going to freak over. I have not said anything to any of them but I want to. I think finding the special gift is one of my most favorite parts of birthdays/christmas

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow