Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Hybrid Chatter
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
I'd like technique/product tutorials within showing your project/card. Like for instance, glitter. How to apply it, which type to buy, etc. You could do that with glitter, adhesive, cutting tools, punches, distressing inks...
YES! I love to dabble in hybrid and love all of the sparkle and inks and things but I feel like I don't know how to use them correctly!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Cato View Post
I'd love to see a "Getting started with Hybrid for under $50" (or whatever reasonably small amount seems appropriate). This could be a post or a series of posts, but assume the reader is starting having never paper scrapped and has no tools/materials.

1) What things should I purchase to get started successfully?
2) What is the best for printing the digital supplies (paper type mostly, but could cover printers)?
3) A couple very simple projects with step-by-step basic techniques (preferably using the supplies you told us about in #1 above).
As a lot of people above me, I like this.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'd love to see a "Getting started with Hybrid for under $50" (or whatever reasonably small amount seems appropriate). This could be a post or a series of posts, but assume the reader is starting having never paper scrapped and has no tools/materials.

2) What is the best for printing the digital supplies (paper type mostly, but could cover printers)?
3) A couple very simple projects with step-by-step basic techniques (preferably using the supplies you told us about in #1 above).
^^Word!!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

This might already be out there somewhere and it's not really Hybrid but I would love someone to do a tutorial on using ACDSee and showing how you tag and organize your digi goodies. I'm absolutely ACDSee challenged and it drives me nuts! Really just looking for the basics of digi organization.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Home decor, holiday themed ideas, housewarming gifts, easy projects that don't require many supplies, etc.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

ditto what Misty has said...
I don't have binders, cutters or even stamps and inks...
what type of papers work the best..
I don't do the hybrids cuz I just really don't have a clue to where I need to begin...and what type of glues (maybe where ya to get them)

Ideas for home decor and gifts for teens and holidays would be fantastic.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
So would something like house warming gift ideas be good? Or a tutorial for a specific one?
Me me me! Or baby shower gift ideas besides the typical 1st year album. Also, I always love some card. For me I'd like to see more tutorials that don't require tons of tools as I don't have them or a way to get them over here.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Well I was planning on doing an inking tutorial for tomorrow. Then my tripod disappeared and I had no way of taking the photos of myself. ::sigh::

Next month I'm doing a house warming gift for sure (one of our best friends is closing on a house at the end of Feb ).
Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need a beautiful wedding card ... without having to have a ton of supplies ... have inking wand ... maybe I should break down and figure out how to make one with my Silhouette SD machine ... I do have probably 7,000 designs for it ... just lazy.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
I'd like technique/product tutorials within showing your project/card. Like for instance, glitter. How to apply it, which type to buy, etc. You could do that with glitter, adhesive, cutting tools, punches, distressing inks...
and this:
Quote:

I remember there was a post a while ago about the different types of adhesives and it was very helpful. I also love the posts going step by step through different projects (which it seems like a lot of the posts already do). I liked Julie's idea of showing projects for different events (birthdays, baby showers, weddings, etc...)