Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg
Default If you pray..PRAY!! (one of our own)

Hey ladies...

Kristin CB got in touch with me and asked to pllllease pray for her family right now. Her husband had a little accident while installing some flooring and has severely injured his hand. I do not know the details but I do know he nearly severed some fingers so it's pretty bad. They are going to Calgary to have it examined more (they only have a small clinic in their town) and more than likely have some extensive surgery. Pray for healing for Darcy, peace for Kristin and strength for her to be strong and handle whatever is handed to them. Her kids are with some dear neighbors and thank goodness one was helping with the flooring so he was able to get him help quickly.

Thanks..as soon as I know anything else I will let you know!

*ETA* Update approx 530pm EST
from Sonja

Quote:
I just talked to Kristin, she doesn't know 100% what is going on. They sent Darcy by ambulance to Calgary, which is a 3 hour drive from me, so about 3.5 from Kristin's community (we have air ambulance service, since we don't have any major hospitals in our area, but they couldn't get one of the helicopters at the time).
Kristin is at home, trying to keep things together for Lily & Lucas. She won't know until after the surgery if she will be heading up to Calgary right away, or waiting, depends how the surgery goes and what the recovery time in the hospital will be. There isn't much to do but wait until then, and she feels she would be better off at home with the kids until she knows more.

I let her know you are all thinking of her and told her if she got a second to pop in and read your thoughts & prayers.
**ETA**
approx 915pm EST

Quote:
He's in surgery right now and expected to be there approx 4 hours. His knuckles are broken and there is extensive damage to the bones and tendons so all of that needs to be repaired. The dr's made no promises for full reattachment but said things look pretty good so just keep your prayers coming for his surgery and recovery.
**ETA**
approx 3am EST

Quote:
he's out of surgery and in recovery and K will know more in the am
**ETA**
approx 9am EST

Quote:
Okey just got an update from Kristin. They were able to save his fingers (Praise God!) He does have some fractures that will take a little time to heal then it's just a wait game to see how much use of his hand he has and how much physical therapy and rehab he'll need. She thanks everybody for the prayers and says keep them coming!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe