Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 01-08-2018, 03:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: What are you looking forward to in the near future? (01/08)

What are you looking forward to in the near future?

Old 01-08-2018, 03:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am looking forward to the day when we can rip out this nasty, dirty carpet and replace it with hardwood floors! It was supposed to be done as soon as we moved in, but the money went towards creating a xeroscape instead. Now we are saving up for the hardwood floors again, but a roof replacement was needed which was a double insurance claim (thanks hail and wind damages!). So yeah. New floors. If we get lucky and money comes in our pockets (this is wishful thinking), we'll hardwood all the floors on each level of the house. But for now, I'll really be thankful to get rid of this white carpet that's been in our house for 10+ years
Old 01-08-2018, 05:40 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Our holiday trip to Singapore at the end of this month! Woohoo!
We didn't have a long holiday for Christmas, but we'll have the whole February off and to start it off, we'll go to Singapore for lots of fun!
I've been to Singapore a few years back, but Lan & Michael haven't. So, it will be interesting!
Old 01-08-2018, 06:37 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Going to stockholm in may.
And to a concert of ed sheeran in june
Old 01-08-2018, 10:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am looking forward to my son finally getting his surgery to have his tonsils taken out. I am freaking out on the inside of them putting him under and him being out of my sight (I do not trust Dr's and even myself won't go to see one alone), but I know he needs this so bad so Mom's gotta put her brave face on for him. He is really looking forward to it.... it has been a two year struggle and wait for this.... in the winter he is sick more often than not because it doesn't take much for them to swell, and the rest of the year he gets very little to no sleep because it has caused him to have major sleep apnea.... it has affected his energy, his weight, his school work.... I just want him to be on the path to recovery and he just wants to be able to sleep and drink all the milkshakes he wants while he's healing lol Tomorrow we take the long trip to the Hospital to get all his pre-op bloodwork done and to meet the "sleep team" as he calls them..... then the countdown is on for february.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm looking forward to a hike at a place I have wanted to go since we moved here a year ago lol. It's called Providence Canyon and its considered the "little grand canyon" and should be beautiful! I'm looking forward to my hubby coming home for the long weekend this week annnnnd I'm looking forward to taking all the Christmas crap down haha. I think that's it.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am looking forward to a couple of packages arriving tomorrow! I (finally) bought a pair of winter boots so my toes won't freeze while I'm trudging through the snow to get to the van, to take the kids to school/the babysitter, to get to work, etc. I also bought some fun metallic booties & a fun faux fur-trimmed coat. Yeah for after-Christmas sales!

I'm also looking forward to my birthday at the end of the month. My friend & I are going to go see 'Pitch Perfect 3,' and I'm going to get my nose pierced!
Old 01-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Today!! Today is my first day back to work/routine now that the kids are back in school. It seemed like a long break here - it was pretty cold for much of it so we were indoors a fair bit. Our local ski hill just opened so we're all excited about that! Lucas needs new skis/boots though so that stinks. Hoping to find some good used ones.

I'm also looking forward to the olympics next month!! I don't watch sports other than the olympics and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the winter ones!
Old 01-08-2018, 02:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I am looking forward to my son finally getting his surgery to have his tonsils taken out. I am freaking out on the inside of them putting him under and him being out of my sight (I do not trust Dr's and even myself won't go to see one alone), but I know he needs this so bad so Mom's gotta put her brave face on for him. He is really looking forward to it.... it has been a two year struggle and wait for this.... in the winter he is sick more often than not because it doesn't take much for them to swell, and the rest of the year he gets very little to no sleep because it has caused him to have major sleep apnea.... it has affected his energy, his weight, his school work.... I just want him to be on the path to recovery and he just wants to be able to sleep and drink all the milkshakes he wants while he's healing lol Tomorrow we take the long trip to the Hospital to get all his pre-op bloodwork done and to meet the "sleep team" as he calls them..... then the countdown is on for february.
I can't imagine the health strain it has caused your son. Do you know if they are going to go in an cut the tonsils or if they are going to burn them? My daughter had this done several years ago (done at a military facility and I was just like you--a nervous wreck). I waited longer for her to go back for the proceedure than for them to keep her. It was less than 15 minutes she was in the OR. The waiting for her to wake up took a while and I was a mess then. She started crying so they took my husband (the soldier) back and of course she didn't want him, she wanted me and cried even more. Because only the soldier was allowed back in the recovery room, they brought her to her room. Once she saw me, she practically jumped out of her wheel chair and in to the bed with me! We stayed there for a few more hours and they released us!

Our only bad thing, we discovered she was allergic to codeine. A trip back to the ER for an allergic reaction was an easy solution, except because she had just had surgery, she picked up Strep Throat from the ER! It was harder dealing with the Strep Throat then it was the actual recovery from the tonsils (she also had her adenoids removed at the same time).

They'll tell you no red liquids (because you need to see if there is blood coming up). Make sure you have plenty of popsicles. He won't be able to drink out of a straw for a few days. Lots of soup/broths because he won't want to eat crackers or anything hard/sharp.

She had her surgery on a Friday, went to the ER on Sat. Sunday was fine, Monday was the worst, back to the ER (discovered Strep) by Tuesday she was back to her normal self! Oh and she was talking Friday evening even though I kept telling her to be silent!

Anyways, I tell you all of this because I went through it and yes, it's very scary. But to talk about it, mentally and physically prepare, is always helpful! We'll be here to hold your hand and I'll be praying for you and your son that he has a speedy recovery with improved health!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
I'm looking forward to a hike at a place I have wanted to go since we moved here a year ago lol. It's called Providence Canyon and its considered the "little grand canyon" and should be beautiful! I'm looking forward to my hubby coming home for the long weekend this week annnnnd I'm looking forward to taking all the Christmas crap down haha. I think that's it.
I just noticed your location!! We went to a Church in Phenix City. Central Baptist Church on Broad Street. It was right across the river from Fort Benning. We loved our church and miss it so much!!

Where is The Little Grand Canyon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I'm also looking forward to the olympics next month!! I don't watch sports other than the olympics and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the winter ones!
My friend (she's also in the digiworld) just posted her photos from visiting her husband is Korea from Christmas. She posted photos of them preparing for the Olympics. I was so excited looking through her photos. I love the Winter Olympics and can't wait for it, except I dont know how I'll be able to watch it without having cable tv!
Old 01-08-2018, 08:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We are going to start house-shopping within a couple of weeks!! I'm very excited, and a little nervous. It kind of makes our "out of state move" seem very permanent!!
Old 01-08-2018, 09:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I can't imagine the health strain it has caused your son. Do you know if they are going to go in an cut the tonsils or if they are going to burn them? My daughter had this done several years ago (done at a military facility and I was just like you--a nervous wreck). I waited longer for her to go back for the proceedure than for them to keep her. It was less than 15 minutes she was in the OR. The waiting for her to wake up took a while and I was a mess then. She started crying so they took my husband (the soldier) back and of course she didn't want him, she wanted me and cried even more. Because only the soldier was allowed back in the recovery room, they brought her to her room. Once she saw me, she practically jumped out of her wheel chair and in to the bed with me! We stayed there for a few more hours and they released us!

Our only bad thing, we discovered she was allergic to codeine. A trip back to the ER for an allergic reaction was an easy solution, except because she had just had surgery, she picked up Strep Throat from the ER! It was harder dealing with the Strep Throat then it was the actual recovery from the tonsils (she also had her adenoids removed at the same time).

They'll tell you no red liquids (because you need to see if there is blood coming up). Make sure you have plenty of popsicles. He won't be able to drink out of a straw for a few days. Lots of soup/broths because he won't want to eat crackers or anything hard/sharp.

She had her surgery on a Friday, went to the ER on Sat. Sunday was fine, Monday was the worst, back to the ER (discovered Strep) by Tuesday she was back to her normal self! Oh and she was talking Friday evening even though I kept telling her to be silent!

Anyways, I tell you all of this because I went through it and yes, it's very scary. But to talk about it, mentally and physically prepare, is always helpful! We'll be here to hold your hand and I'll be praying for you and your son that he has a speedy recovery with improved health!!
!
Thanks! He'll be getting his adenoids out also. Tomorrow are all the tests to make sure he can handle anesthesia and meds without reaction. I'm not sure how she plans to do the procedure (won't know until the day of) but she has the OR book for an hour and a half so hopefully that means she'll be taking the "long way" to keep the after pain to a minimum. I had questions about what to have on hand to feed him after, she said not to worry about nutritional value (like supplement shakes), and to just make sure he's getting something in to stay hydrated.... and then basically told him he had a free pass to eat all the ice cream he wants.... LOL Between that, and telling him to stay home from school for 1 to 2 weeks, he was sold on surgery and was eager to sign up. lol Oh.... she did say his breath would smell of a dead cat for a while... that that was normal part of healing.... I'm guessing that's where the burning comes into play.... I know it's going to be hard on him.... I'm just not sure he realizes the pain he'll be in afterwards.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Moving out of California! We have been actively looking for a house to buy in Texas & Idaho. I think we have narrowed it down.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
Moving out of California! We have been actively looking for a house to buy in Texas & Idaho. I think we have narrowed it down.
We moved out of California this past June! We are in Boise, ID. Probably buying in Meridian soon. We absolutely LOVE it here and wish we had done it sooner...I've been trying to get hubby to move out of CA for 20 years! Now we just need to get daughter, SIL and grandbabies here now!
One word of caution...if you do move to ID, be very quiet about coming from CA. The people here are wonderful, but there is a slight anti-Californian bias (mostly against people who want to move here and bring CA with them rather than integrating).
Best of luck with your move!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
Thanks! He'll be getting his adenoids out also. Tomorrow are all the tests to make sure he can handle anesthesia and meds without reaction. I'm not sure how she plans to do the procedure (won't know until the day of) but she has the OR book for an hour and a half so hopefully that means she'll be taking the "long way" to keep the after pain to a minimum. I had questions about what to have on hand to feed him after, she said not to worry about nutritional value (like supplement shakes), and to just make sure he's getting something in to stay hydrated.... and then basically told him he had a free pass to eat all the ice cream he wants.... LOL Between that, and telling him to stay home from school for 1 to 2 weeks, he was sold on surgery and was eager to sign up. lol Oh.... she did say his breath would smell of a dead cat for a while... that that was normal part of healing.... I'm guessing that's where the burning comes into play.... I know it's going to be hard on him.... I'm just not sure he realizes the pain he'll be in afterwards.
1-2 weeks of recovery?! Wowzers! They told my daughter she could resume normal activity 5 days after the procedure (talking, etc.)

And yes, I'd assume the smell of dead cat means they are burning them out, which is really the best because there will be no stitches and all the scarring that comes from that.

Hopefully he won't be in too much pain. They should send him home on some sort of pain medicine, atleast the first 24-hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
One word of caution...if you do move to ID, be very quiet about coming from CA. The people here are wonderful, but there is a slight anti-Californian bias (mostly against people who want to move here and bring CA with them rather than integrating).
Best of luck with your move!
Colorado Springs is like this on all of the social media pages. Always telling people to go home that they are native to the Springs and these people (us) don't belong. It seems like most posts are "I'm a native, but . . . ." And if you ask a question about the area, sometimes it turns in to a "go home" discussion. It's worse when people say they are moving to the area and need to know which part of town to live in. A LOT of the posts are "don't come here". Then you get the occasional reminder "you do realize this is a military town, right?" I just find it silly that some people get so upset about people moving in to their area...like people don't move all the time!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Colorado Springs is like this on all of the social media pages. Always telling people to go home that they are native to the Springs and these people (us) don't belong. It seems like most posts are "I'm a native, but . . . ." And if you ask a question about the area, sometimes it turns in to a "go home" discussion. It's worse when people say they are moving to the area and need to know which part of town to live in. A LOT of the posts are "don't come here". Then you get the occasional reminder "you do realize this is a military town, right?" I just find it silly that some people get so upset about people moving in to their area...like people don't move all the time!
That's exactly it! Hubby was reading some Boise FB page yesterday and people were all over a lady who said she was moving here. But, honestly, people here are super nice.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We are going back to the States at the end of May and will be there until after Christmas, and I am SOOOO excited!

Plus, I'm taking the boys to Switzerland via London on our way home, and we are going to spend a few days with some Swiss friends of ours. I am so excited to see Switzerland & to see my friend who moved this past summer. And also we're going to the British Museum and on the Making of Harry Potter tour while we're in London, so it's going to be a whole lot of fun starting May 22!
Old 01-10-2018, 01:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm looking forward to, while simultaneously dreading, moving! haha

Old 01-10-2018, 02:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
We are going back to the States at the end of May and will be there until after Christmas, and I am SOOOO excited!

Plus, I'm taking the boys to Switzerland via London on our way home, and we are going to spend a few days with some Swiss friends of ours. I am so excited to see Switzerland & to see my friend who moved this past summer. And also we're going to the British Museum and on the Making of Harry Potter tour while we're in London, so it's going to be a whole lot of fun starting May 22!
Oh wow, what an adventure!
I wish you lots of fun.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am looking forward to seeing my grandbaby again. I haven't saw her for a month now and I'm starting to get antsy. I'm going to hate when she moves and is 20 some hours away instead of 3!
Old 01-15-2018, 12:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

job interview next week on Monday is the one thing I’m looking forward to - it’s a 10 hour a week part time admin job with the potential for an additional 10 hours per month.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-15-2018, 12:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We were supposed to have a family weekend trip to Minnesota next month, but we had to rearrange all that, so it will now just be an overnight trip to Minneapolis to watch the Wild play with my love. Then hopefully we can re-plan that weekend after I am healed more from surgery that I am getting soon.