Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

For future needs.... haha https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...87&cat=&page=1
Old 03-04-2016, 03:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, this is such a cool kit! I'd totally use it if I had photos for it.
You know, when I had the braces on, I never took photos of myself smiling with my teeth showing up. It took me quite some time to get used to show my teeth after I had the braces removed. But, my cousin had no problems smiling like the Cheshire cat with her braces so I guess times change
--
Mama to Albert
Old 03-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My middle son got his braces off inNovember and refuses to show us his teeth. I have a couple pics from the orthodontist but I'm not happy. I paid $5000 to see those teeth!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cindi, don't worry, he'll get used to showing his teeth and will eventually be proud of his smile. It's only natural that he doesn't show them yet because he's used to hiding them. It was the same with me...took me quite some time to "learn" to smile properly! I remember the orthodontist warmed me about that phenomenon and I remember when they took the braces off and gave me a mirror to see my "new" teeth, I was like "WHAT??? Those are not mine, I don't even like them, give me back my braces".
--
Mama to Albert
Old 03-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hope so Anelia!!! I thought 3 months was enough time to get used to the braces being off!
Old 03-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I get kinda grumpy because when my daughter smiles now I see the white spots that she got for not properly brushing when she had her braces. She was younger when she had them (grade 4 & 5? I think)
Old 03-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have started a tradition with myself and now with my daughter of taking a photo after every adjustment appointment.
First of all, it is really cool to see the changes and it is great to watch the progression. In 1-2 years, I will have quite the journey documented
Old 03-04-2016, 04:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So I'm mostly a lurker here in the forums- but since my 'real' job is a dental hygienist- I wanted to comment here

1. Invisalign is a GREAT option for adults. But yes- you MUST wear them 23 hrs a day- I have quite a few patient's who are in or have finished invisalign with outstanding results. Most- as a side effect of wearing the aligners all day- lost weight too! And- they had FAR better checkups both decay & periodontal (gum tissue) wise- SO much easier to keep clean compared to traditional bracket/wire braces.

2. USUALLY invisalign is more expensive because of the lab fees associated that the dr. passes onto the pt. Most general drs. don't have the equipment or time to do traditional braces, but with Invisalign, you just need the impression/molding material (it all gets sent out to a lab)- so the Invisalign company has been heavy on marketing toward general dr's to offer it to their patients (easier for the pt to stay in their 'dental home' than be reffered, etc). I've worked for drs who do it, and they didn't charge more than the orthodontist in town and we had quite a bit of patients utilize it in our office. The dr. I currently work for doesn't- he's happy to refer just about anything

3. Invisalign has come a long way since it was first out on the market & can almost always get the same results at traditional braces!

Thanks for listening to my paragraph now! lol
Old 03-04-2016, 10:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks so much for sharing your experience Amie! I appreciate it!
Old 02-20-2018, 11:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I wanted to bump this post to give an update.

I am almost TWO years in. My top teeth have been done since March 2017. They are perfect. My one problem tooth on the bottom has been a bit of a problem and I had to start over TWICE because it stopped tracking.

The first time I got to tray #17/26 and started over.

The second time I was on Tray #10/? and started over.

I am currently on Tray #10/16 and everything is going great this time around. I just had a check up today.

The top are in "holder" trays until the bottom is done. I can't wait for this to be over!

The first year I was by the book and then when I had to start over the second time, I got a bit lazy, especially during the summer when we were out and about.

I'm getting SO close to being done!!!!!
Old 02-21-2018, 12:01 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

hahaha omg can you believe i've STILL been putting this off? i actually have another referral on march 3 where i need to really decide what.i'm.doing! haha! i think i'm going to go with full on braces because I don't think i have the determination/drive to do all the work invisalign entails.

with starting over does that mean you had to pay the full price all over again?? :O
Old 02-21-2018, 12:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

thanks for digging this back up! I"ve been lucky and have perfectly straight teeth (sorry!) but Jamesen does not and has a front tooth coming in almost completely sideways. He's still got quite a few baby teeth to lose which will change how is teeth look, but we're preparing for braces! It's nice reading about everyone's experiences before we need to go in!

Old 02-21-2018, 09:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was surprised to see this and posts from 2 years ago. Since then I went through invisalign and am finished! They were not that difficult, I got used to them pretty quickly. I'm now supposed to wear retainers at night but admittedly I don't always remember to....
Old 02-23-2018, 02:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We ended up putting Eli in Invisalign’s teen, he’s doung great. They cause him very little pain and we have seen awesome progress in his teeth movement. The only downside at first was he kept having trays break. Thankfully Invisalign’s teen replaces all trays for no extra cost, it’s just a nucence because it sets you back in progress. We are seeing less trays break now that he’s farther into the process and I love not having to go to the ortho as often as we did with the girls traditional braces. So far we are happy with our choice.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:06 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
hahaha omg can you believe i've STILL been putting this off? i actually have another referral on march 3 where i need to really decide what.i'm.doing! haha! i think i'm going to go with full on braces because I don't think i have the determination/drive to do all the work invisalign entails.

with starting over does that mean you had to pay the full price all over again?? :O
Nope! I would have quit if I had to pay again! Everything is included in the original cost!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My son had metal braces and hated them. He is a trombone player and the metal braces affected his playing and chewed up his lips. So, we switched him to invisalign. It is more expensive but he likes it much much better. It will probably be a longer road with him because he doesn't wear them as much as he should but we are seeing progress. The ortho recommended metal braces to resolve a misalignment of his jaw so we tried them but he just was never going to be "compliant" as they say, so we finally took the path he could live with.