Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2013, 10:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default About Me Pages

When & If you print them, do you do them as loose pages or in books? I've got a couple free 8x8 photobook coupons in my shutterfly account, but I don't print my regular books that size. I'm just wondering if it would be weird to have a few volumes of about me books. LOL!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It would not be weird at all and someday when you are gone your children and their children will cherish them! Go for it!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so OCD, I keep thinking everything should be a little more organized in the books! LOL!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm working on an all about me book that I plan to give my adult children for Christmas (I hope I can finish it by then). I'm starting with birth. I'm adding highlights of my life and stories that I think they will enjoy. I'm also going to add a few pages about my ancestors.

You can see some of what I have done here

Last edited by ricslady; 09-08-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I keep thinking that once I have a bunch, I'll make an album. I am also on the weirded side to print a book about me. BUT... I know in time, my kids and family might enjoy it, laugh, and cry about the pages. I might have to make one about DH... but all he gives me are goofy pictures!

BTW, I think you should do it, lol!

Old 09-08-2013, 11:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to see if I can make it flow a little better and try to get it ready. One expires Wed, the other is good until October.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I stick my AAM pages in with my regular pages. I guess it hadn't occurred to me to make a separate album.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have AAM photobooks. I think my kids will appreciate them once I'm gone. When I have enough for a photobook I get it printed, with the pages in chronological order. The next album may have layouts about my childhood, or thoughts from today, with dates all over the place. It doesn't worry me, as long as the memory is recorded. Once again, I order the pages by date, and print.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

mine are all in a separate book. I'll give them to the girls when they're older. they don't need to be exposed to that madness now

Old 09-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I have never printed any....
Old 09-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have not printed any of my AAM pages yet. I plan to put them all in a book together at some point. Not sure how I want it arranged though and that is what is holding me back because I print photobooks, not loose pages in an album.

I remember years ago there was a project called Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life. It is basically an AAM book with things ranged alphabetically. I sat down once and wrote out an alphabetical list of things I'd want to cover about myself. Since most of my AAM pages encompass things on that list, I thought about creating a book loosely following the project. I would have an index in the beginning and one at each letter section (A, B, etc.) and put my AAM layouts in that. Does that make sense? In other words, I did a layout about being a redhead. That would go under R. I did one about us working to pay off debt. That would go under M for Money or F for Finances. I could pretty much make any of my AAM layouts work with a specific letter (lots on mothering, for example) and then while they wouldn't be chronological, they would still be in some sort of order that made sense... to me at least.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I have AAM photobooks. I think my kids will appreciate them once I'm gone. When I have enough for a photobook I get it printed, with the pages in chronological order. The next album may have layouts about my childhood, or thoughts from today, with dates all over the place. It doesn't worry me, as long as the memory is recorded. Once again, I order the pages by date, and print.
This is what I want to do. I sat down and really looked at what I have and what I still want to do and I'm not ready to make a book, it would be too out of order for me. I might have to go with just 8x8 pages someday.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't print mine in a bound book unless they were all themed, i.e. "A Year of Faves" or something.

I have my "me" layouts from the last 8 years separated into 12 categories, not because I'm crazy, but because when I looked through them all the other day, those were the obvious categories. I print them as 8x8 pages, and I file them in albums. I probably have TWO HUNDRED at least.

I feel confident that my children's children will know what their grandmother was like, lol.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I print mine in single pages and I have my very own album!!! Then when ever I have a new page printed I can just stick it in there!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 09-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I print mine as books. Unlike my vacation books, the layouts are in whatever order, from various dates. I just try to sort the left and right page so that they look ok together, but that doesn't mean those pages were created with the intent to be together. My AAM pages are about freedom of creation, so the books are pretty free as well.