Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I feel like a hopeless spammer, but now I think about it, there are not many work- or officeelated kits.

Since most scrapping is about children, I guess it's, once again, not something with a bestseller potential, but I do have loads of funny photos from work that are scrap-worthy. What I have in mind is something funny, possibly doodley, around the "If I get through this job without completely losing my mind, it will be a miracle of biblical proportions" line... not in a negative way, but a tongue-in-cheek way.

Still, this can easily be done with staples, notepapers and computer kits, so no big deal if my wish isn't heard. ;-)

Old 04-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am loving all these ideas! I am sure the designers are watching this thread! LOL

Those that have been mentioned that I give two thumbs up to are....
Eric Carle (that would seriously make me happy!!!!)
True blood or Twilight themed (I do have Love Bites but could always use more)
Harry Potter!!!!! That would totally rock considering my boy is loving that right now.
Cooking kit that is not about baking (I have the recently retired Cozy Kitchen but could always use more.)
Adult Party kit - yes!!!! I would like it to be more uni-sex though so I can use it for couple get togethers, girls night, ect.
Urban/City kit - I think this would be totally cool. Maybe even some chain linked fence and brink wall elements? Something that can be used for something like NYC but also something fun that can even be used for fun photo shoots, teenage boys, skateboarding, ect. I would love to see a city sky line element of some sort. Broadway elements would be cool too!

So, those are all that I agree with.......

Now for New ideas:
Karate kit - for all martial arts types. Maybe something outside of the box that is not the traditional colors of red, black and white. But I would not be against a more traditional kit! Personally, our karate school's colors are kelly green, golden yellow and black.
Farm kit - one that is more rustic with bob wire and aged wood elements. Nothing cartoony. Just a rugged look. I would like animals on it too but maybe extracted plastic animals or antique looking pictures of animals? More shabby chic, rustic look????

That is all I can come up with for now! Boy, everyone is thinking of some good ones! I hope we get to see some of these in the future!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenvader View Post
I feel like a hopeless spammer, but now I think about it, there are not many work- or officeelated kits.

Since most scrapping is about children, I guess it's, once again, not something with a bestseller potential, but I do have loads of funny photos from work that are scrap-worthy. What I have in mind is something funny, possibly doodley, around the "If I get through this job without completely losing my mind, it will be a miracle of biblical proportions" line... not in a negative way, but a tongue-in-cheek way.

Still, this can easily be done with staples, notepapers and computer kits, so no big deal if my wish isn't heard. ;-)
Oh, maybe something that is done like the show "Office" theme or Dilbert! That would be funny! If it was Office themed, then it could be used for work LO and people who love the show doing watch parties or talking about that addiction. That would be good! Is that what you were thinking or did I just totally mess that up for you?
Old 04-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracotta7 View Post
Oh, maybe something that is done like the show "Office" theme or Dilbert! That would be funny! If it was Office themed, then it could be used for work LO and people who love the show doing watch parties or talking about that addiction. That would be good! Is that what you were thinking or did I just totally mess that up for you?
Anything that raises a potential for the kit being made is fine. Since many many scrappers are SAHMs, and thus not much interested in a workelated kit, stretching the topic to a TV show would widen its use potential and that can only be good. ;-) Thanks for the idea!

Old 04-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I love the idea about a city/urban kit... and an harry potter one!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
9 to 5 working kit... I still have photos from my job and want to talk about what I use to do... so something from an office would be cool
I was writing my post about a working kit without knowing you've written about it, too. And that's cool that you might be interested in one even though you don't work now. That means the potential is bigger than I thought. :-))

Old 04-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I would love an Office themed kit... both the show and the work environment. I spend too many hours a day in a cubicle, and should be scrapping some of that, shouldn't I?
Old 04-11-2010, 02:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I was writing my post about a working kit without knowing you've written about it, too. And that's cool that you might be interested in one even though you don't work now. That means the potential is bigger than I thought. :-))
ha, ha!!! I feel like I'm becoming a pest about this kit idea... I forgot how many times I've asked this of my designers that I've CTed for... I was thinking I was the only one with this need!! There are three of us now!!! YEA!!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracotta7 View Post
Farm kit - one that is more rustic with bob wire and aged wood elements. Nothing cartoony. Just a rugged look. I would like animals on it too but maybe extracted plastic animals or antique looking pictures of animals? More shabby chic, rustic look????
that sounds fabulous! And I'd love a Harry Potter kit too!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I love this thread, now I have more kits in my wishlist...
Old 04-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just thought of another want..........ADOPTION KIT!!!!! It is a must need in my family......six kids (2 step daughters, 2 adopted daughters and 2 adopted sons!).
Old 04-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Mauch View Post
I would love an Office themed kit... both the show and the work environment. I spend too many hours a day in a cubicle, and should be scrapping some of that, shouldn't I?
Would be good for the BOM challenges too.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Anything that raises a potential for the kit being made is fine. Since many many scrappers are SAHMs, and thus not much interested in a workelated kit, stretching the topic to a TV show would widen its use potential and that can only be good. ;-) Thanks for the idea!
LOL I'm a SAHM/homeschooler and am hopelessly addicted to office supplies. DH always sighs when he hears we need to go to one of the office supply stores because he knows I can spend forever going through all the aisles looking at stuff. I'm sure this is probably something else that makes me weird...lol.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd also love to see a foreign exchange kit, but I think I may be the only one with this need... lol. I have two sisters and a brother from Germany who came to live with my family as foreign exchange students and are now part of our family permanently (though they are back living in Germany now). Also my mom works for a foreign exchange organization and so I know so many students from around the world. Though, I guess country-themed travel kits would capture this just as well.

But like, I would love to see a globe/world kind of thing that is NOT part of a recycling kit! I feel like every time I find a great globe or earth element, it ends up being the ONLY thing in the kit that I want... Maybe a world travel kit would accommodate the need just fine? Lol.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLilGrahamCracker View Post
I'd also love to see a foreign exchange kit, but I think I may be the only one with this need... lol. I have two sisters and a brother from Germany who came to live with my family as foreign exchange students and are now part of our family permanently (though they are back living in Germany now). Also my mom works for a foreign exchange organization and so I know so many students from around the world. Though, I guess country-themed travel kits would capture this just as well.

But like, I would love to see a globe/world kind of thing that is NOT part of a recycling kit! I feel like every time I find a great globe or earth element, it ends up being the ONLY thing in the kit that I want... Maybe a world travel kit would accommodate the need just fine? Lol.
How about this one:
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...8&cat=0&page=1
Old 04-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post

HOW have I never seen that?! Omg!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 04-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Man there are some amazing ideas here!
Harry Potter Kit Yes please! I am such a fan of the books, I'm sure I could scrap a million different things with a magic kit.
Stationary/Office Supplies Kit *Drooling* I am addicted to collecting stationary. And elements like paperclips & ripped notepads? Can. Not. Get. Enough.
Kitchen Kit Yes yes yes! I am slowly learning to cook actual meals and would love to be able to scrap my efforts.

I would also like to add:
Moving House I mean this could also be used to describe kiddie's obsession with cardboard boxes, or just a spring clean...
Girlie Element Packs! I find sometimes I have a page completely done but it sometime's needs a little oomph from a doodle or element... time and time again I've found that these things are hairbrushes, mirrors, high heels? I'd love to be able to re-colour these babies too.
Netball I've played for the past 7 years and have some awesome team shots I am just dying to scrap.
Volleyball Again, another sport I am passionate about. I went on a sports camp for three years and we got photos taken every year, that are just sitting there begging to be included.

I love this thread!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
Netball I've played for the past 7 years and have some awesome team shots I am just dying to scrap.
What's netball?
Old 04-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
What's netball?
Oh wow. Scratch that! I don't think it's even played over in the US Sometimes I forget about the differences between our countries. Silly me!

FYI: Netball is a female-orientated game, 7 players, like basketball without the dribbling, the contact (you have to be 3 ft away before defending), the backboards and only 2 players can shoot.... If you really wanna know you could google it, but that's pretty much the run down.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love seeing all the ideas.

Food/Cooking/Kitchen
4H / FFA
Rodeo/Horse
Girly Outdoors
Old 04-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbhb View Post
LOL I'm a SAHM/homeschooler and am hopelessly addicted to office supplies. DH always sighs when he hears we need to go to one of the office supply stores because he knows I can spend forever going through all the aisles looking at stuff. I'm sure this is probably something else that makes me weird...lol.
LOL! Me too! Seriously, I get a little giddy feeling inside when I walk into a Staples! And I will get the HUGE catalogs and make wishlist of pens, notepads, post-it notes, office furniture, filing systems, etc. It's a disease! I would TOTALLY use a "Office" inspired kit! It helps that DH and I are huge fans of the show too !

Huge fan of:

Old 04-12-2010, 03:19 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh wow. Scratch that! I don't think it's even played over in the US Sometimes I forget about the differences between our countries. Silly me!

FYI: Netball is a female-orientated game, 7 players, like basketball without the dribbling, the contact (you have to be 3 ft away before defending), the backboards and only 2 players can shoot.... If you really wanna know you could google it, but that's pretty much the run down.
Its a school staple here. I played, DD plays I would love a Netball Kit
Old 04-12-2010, 04:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLilGrahamCracker View Post
HOW have I never seen that?! Omg!
Same here! Off to my WL!

Old 04-13-2010, 04:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbhb View Post
Cool. Never thought some many people might be interested in an office kit. :-)

Old 04-13-2010, 04:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
ha, ha!!! I feel like I'm becoming a pest about this kit idea... I forgot how many times I've asked this of my designers that I've CTed for... I was thinking I was the only one with this need!! There are three of us now!!! YEA!!
*dances a happy dance*

Old 04-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ok, ok, ok girls...an office kit is in the works as I type! hehe Calc, desk, file cabinet, etc have already been drawn! hehe...can you wait 2 weeks???
Old 04-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Roselli View Post
Ok, ok, ok girls...an office kit is in the works as I type! hehe Calc, desk, file cabinet, etc have already been drawn! hehe...can you wait 2 weeks???
Yayness!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Awesome! I can't wait to see it!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

1. Karate - with all the belts (red, yellow, orange, green, purple, blue, brown, black), some of the terms in word art, etc.

2. Harry Potter-ish - wizard hats, lightening, lots more stuff to pull from

3. Christmas kit - I know there are a lot out there but I haven't found one that I love. not sure what I want eihter. LOL! Not traditional colours, that's for sure.

4. Hockey - my son just got into it and I'd love to have a cool kit.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

a kickball kit
gymnastics
Old 04-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I would also like to add:

Girlie Element Packs! I find sometimes I have a page completely done but it sometime's needs a little oomph from a doodle or element... time and time again I've found that these things are hairbrushes, mirrors, high heels? I'd love to be able to re-colour these babies too.
What about this one from Traci Reed and Meg Mullens?

I seriously that kit!!
Old 04-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I would love a Facebook kit. I'm hopelessly addicted to Farmville!

I think everyone has pretty much covered anything I could need!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Don't forget pens, pencils, erasers, white-out, sharpies, post-its (maybe those vellum flags?), notepaper, staples, elastic bands, backward brads, paperclips, a wastepaper basket, a cup of coffee, maybe a coffee ring?

Oh boy! I can't wait!!!

Huge fan of:

Old 04-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yay, thanks so much! Can you do word strips like "TGIF" "Casual Friday" "Break Time" "Meeting Time" "Is it Friday Yet?" "My Cubicle" "My Team" "Team Building" "Check Your Email", etc...
Old 04-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I would love to see a kit with some children's character themes mainly: Dora the Explorer, Barney, Dragon Tales and Elmo. Thanks so much ladies for the awesome kits!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yay! Looking forward to this.