Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default How many CTs are you on?

This is just me being nosy.

How many CTs are you on and more specifically how many are for:

Sweet Shoppe Designers
Outside Designers
Site/Store Teams
Total Teams

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)?

Are you happy with your number of teams? Would you prefer more or less?

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments (I ask this question because I felt that way when I was a paper scrapper and was doing a lot of team work... I was very burnt out.)

Thanks for humoring me.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I'm just on the Shappy Princess team, which is a store and outside designer team since she only sales in her own store.
It's really easy to meet her LO requirements just two for new products when she puts them out, plus doing at least 2 blog posts a month. All other LOs are optional, but I try to do one for each member who asks for pages for their blog posts.
I'm not sure if you count scrapping pages for the Portfolio here as for fun or not, I count them as for fun. Plus I do other pages just for fun.
I was afraid when I dropped to just one team I'd hate it and get bored. But I've been doing better pages since dropping all my other teams, and I've started enjoying scrapping again. I hadn't even realized I was getting burned out on it before, but looking back now I can see that I was, so just being on the one team is perfect for me.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 03-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Zero

But I would love to be at one.....
Old 03-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm on 5 cts here at Sweet Shoppe (see sign) and on Jady Day's at another store. I also sell templates at another store since January and aim at weekly releases.

I don't remember ever not meeting requirements of my teams but it's happpened a couple of times that I was late, due to sickness or vacation.

I scrap about 50 layouts a month, but I've become quite a fast scrapper and I want to scrap with about every one of my own templates as well for quality control, even though I have a ct. DH is often the one that takes photos. And since he works nights, when the kids are at sleep, I have a lot of spare time on my hands, so it's easy for me to scrap 2-3 pages a day during the week. I usually don't scrap on Sundays and Mondays.

I work really well when I have a deadline, so no, I don't feel burned, I'm always eager to see what my designers put out for the week and work with it. However, it has happened a couple of times that my mojo went on vacation, especially since spring is not arriving as fast as it should and I really need that sunshine after the long winter months.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Sweet Shoppe Designers - 0 (but I am guesting for Meg right now)
Outside Designers - 4 (but 3 of them are lucky to do 1 kit a month and dont require that I even use that 1)
Site/Store Teams - 1 (I am a contributor at Me So Scrappy)
Total Teams - 5

I cut way back recently, not because I felt I had to, but because I was struggling to create for my other designers and felt that wasn't fair. Right now I am not even applying for other teams, but I could for sure handle more teams. I create above and behind what my designers require each month plus I do the monthly portfolio here for full discount every month. Since I have no designers here, I would say I could handle more.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i'm on 13 CTs. I have 8 here at SSD and 5 elsewhere. 2 of my 5 'elsewheres' are template designers who I can use any product for (thank god). 2 other of my 5 'elsewheres' (so that's 4 lol) don't release weekly so that takes a bit of a strain off as well.
i don't scrap for any store teams.

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)?
i always meet my reqs and i generally do more lo's for a team than i have to. I usually do about 30 layouts per month (give or take a few).

i love my teams. i wouldn't take on a team if i wouldn't use the stuff anyway. i'm comfortable where i'm at now, but there is 1 team i'd LOVE to take on. I also contribute at MSS.

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments (I ask this question because I felt that way when I was a paper scrapper and was doing a lot of team work... I was very burnt out.)
like i said, i wouldn't take on a team if i weren't in love with the designs. if i wouldn't use it to scrap the pages i wanted to make, then i have no business being on said designer's team. every once in awhile i have a kit from one of my CT's that i wouldn't normally buy, but once all is said and done, i usually love the page i make.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

technically it looks like I'm on 8 CTs... but my requirements are soooooooooo different for each of them.

4 layout cts... all SSD but one is fonts and I use the new fonts on the layouts I create for the other 3 designers' new releases... so it's really like I'm only creating for 3 designers even though I'm really creating for 4
3 blog cts... one SSD designer, The Hybrid Chick and Me So Scrappy (I heart blogging so this is just super fun for me)
1 hybrid ct for a template designer at TDC

I had dropped a bunch right before I had Asher, but I honestly got super bored. I really love being a part of the team environment. I think in my mind they aren't requirements, but that I just get to use their goodies to scrap the pages I would scrap anyways even if I weren't on their teams and I love spending the extra time every week it takes to promote them and uploading to the galleries... because, I really love the designers and their product. I mean, yes I have a time-line and they technically are requirements but I'm still scrapping for me and it doesn't feel like it's an assignment. You can tell from my gallery that not all my pages are CT pages so I think that shows that I'm definitely not burnt out, lol. I have like 43 portfolio pts this month, lol.

I think I'm pretty happy with the ones I have and think that this is probably the perfect number for me for now... not that that won't change one day, but for now it is... although, I wouldn't mind being a Sugar Babe one day and there are a select few designers I couldn't say "no" to if they asked.

ETA: I go above and beyond my requirements because it's so fun for me... I forgot to answer that one, lol.

Last edited by heathergw; 03-27-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm on five total teams - three here at SSD (Cindy, Traci, and Meg) and I'm on Amy Wolff's CT over at TLP and I'm on the Log Your Memory challenge team.

How many layouts are you doing per month?
On average, I do about five LOs a week for CTs.

Yes, I am pretty happy with the amount. I would like to be on a few more, especially if it were any of the designers here at SSD, especially KCB!

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments?
I do scrap for fun. If I got to the point where I was beginning to think of my CT assignments as work instead of fun then I would step down.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
If I got to the point where I was beginning to think of my CT assignments as work instead of fun then I would step down.
That's the point I got to. I felt really bad, because I loved the designers I worked with, and loved their work, but all my pages were starting to feel so forced to me, and their were days I just couldn't even stand to open Photoshop, so I was already thinking of stepping down from all my teams, when a friend suggested I apply to the Shabby Princess' team. I applied (not thinking I'd even get the spot) figuring oh well, if I don't get it I, I don't get it. Even before I heard back I stepped down from everything because I felt I was just letting all the designers I worked with down. I think the hardest one to step down from was Jennifer Fox's. She is such a sweet lady, and I love her work sooo much, but I didn't think I was doing the level of work good enough to stay on her team.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 03-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

None...because you're the only one I'll work for

and life won't allow it right now. Love you!!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I'm on 7 CTs; 1 SSD, 1 Store and the rest are non SSD.

I do minimum 20 LOs per month sometimes more.

I am happy and loving the teams I am in, I'd love to be in more, but at the moment I am just keeping an eye on any calls

Sometimes I do feel burnt out, but most of the time I enjoy being in the team. Often I create LO just for my own fun interests too
Old 03-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm on 1 ct, I had to slowly drop all my other ct's when I started working full time last summer.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

How many CTs are you on?

one: Ideas for Scrapbookers blog - Contributing Artist

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month?
It vaires, but on average 6-8 each month. I create digital templates to share on the blog and provide examples of the template when introduced. All information is free on the blog, so there is no sales involved whatsoever.

I also work on sharing other tips or tutorials for paper scrapbookers, so I do both media for the blog.

I've been doing digi almost a year and it is so fast. I'd love to participate on a designer's CT, but I have never applied for one. I keep working on improving my digi skills.

I would have to say I agree with Paula. I scrap for fun and if it became a burden or I felt I could not do a good job on a team, then I would step down.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Sweet Shoppe Designers: 4 {but one is font's so kinda like Heather said, it's realy easy to use her new releases can we can use them with our other designer's kits}
Outside Designers: 2 {but they both sell at the same store, so that is good}
Site/Store Teams: 1 {have been there 4 years and my only requirements is a once a month designer reveal and a once a month team reveal....we are split up into 3 girls per team within our store ct...}
Total Teams: 7

yes....and I average about 30-40 LO's per month...including CT and non-CT... {but I try to do 2 page LO's with each kit, so whether I get to it for the NR or not, sometime within the month I try to make a 2nd LO}...but I have no reqs for 1 team, but I usually scrap with her products anyway, the rest of them pretty much have a 1 LO requirement with NR's, with a minimum of 3 LO's per month {which I think is totally reasonable}....

I am happy with my teams becasue I LOVE my designer's products....if I don't love their products, I don't think I could be on their team and promote their products like they should be promoted....I want the community and my designer {and myself} to LOVE my LO's, so I strive to make a kit work for ME and my designer

Once in a blue moon I do, but now that I am retired and my kids went back to daycare, I have the extra time to commit, so that helps ALOT. I have very understanding designers, so if I can't work with something or illness comes up or even vacation, as long as I let them know in advance, they are all very understanding~

Last edited by nun69; 03-27-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh... I hate to even count up the number... but here it goes...

Sweet Shoppe Designers - 11 (Libby, Penny, Meg, Traci, Julie, Kristin, Heather, Darcy, Allie, Melissa, and Cindy)
Outside Designers - 1 (Flergs)
Site/Store Teams - 3 (The Hybrid Chick, Log Your Memory, DigiSrapAddict - Hybrid)
Other - 1 (PaperIssues - no requirements, just post when I have a hybrid project for their link party)
Total Teams - 16

I meet all requirements a month - it's really rare that I will come up short... I easily scrap between 10-15 layouts a week.... some of my designers only release one/twice a month. And then for my site teams - it's a once a month post/project and I will use new released to scrap challenges for LYM. These are pages I would have scrapped anyway... this just pushes me to scrap those memories instead of letting them sit collecting cobwebs in the ol' brain.

Are you happy with your number of teams?
I'm very happy with the number... and I do hope that my designers are happy with me.... and if not, I hope they feel comfortable to tell me. I love the pressure of deadlines... and that I miss the most from working outside of the home... I am never bored and I only wish I had time to organize my photos better so I could scrap even faster. I love the challenge - when I don't have photos to scrap with a certain theme kit - how can I show the flexibility of that kit for the customer? I really, really love what I do... My heart is here at Sweet Shoppe... and I hope one day to be a Babe... but until that day comes, I will continue to give 110% to my designers that took a chance with me.

Would you prefer more or less?
I would do almost anything for SSD and their designers... so if I were asked to join another SSD team, I probably would not turn it down. But for outside of SSD - I have turned down a number of designer's requests to join their team... as much as it pains me.

ETA - Whoops, forgot this question
Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments
This is fun for me... 99.9% of the layouts I do for CT's I'm doing for my own family scrapbooks... I also have other projects going on where I'm scrapping or hybriding that are just for fun... It takes a lot for me to get bored.

Last edited by MamaBee; 03-27-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Sweet Shoppe Designers: Just one here ... You ... Libby
Outside Designers: Elise's Pieces Designs and Christy Lyle Designs
Site/Store Teams: Funky Playground Designs and The Digi Chick
Total Teams: 5

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)? I'm doing a minimum of 14 layouts per month. On a weekly basis, two designers I create for require one LO per week with their new release at 3 LO minimum for the month.

Are you happy with your number of teams? Would you prefer more or less? I'm content with the amount of teams I am on. I am not considering more or less at this time. Possibly a guest spot for a month but that is probably it. From experience, I know I can't handle more than 6 at a time, I feel overwhelmed and uncreative when I have too much on my plate. Plus, I'm finally back in college so that takes my time too, not to mention the wife and mama role.

One reason I don't add anymore teams to my list because I want to scrap for FUN! When I was on 8 teams a couple of years ago, I wasn't happy with some of my layouts and basically scrapped just to get assignments done. I don't want to waste my time or the designers time in mundane layouts. I want to print each and everyone of my LO's and be proud of everyone of them.

Sorry for the novel but these are all my honest answers! Thanks for reading!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Sweet Shoppe Designers - 2 - You and Julie
Outside Designers - 3 - Christy Lyle, Jennifer Fox and Nikki Epperson
Site/Store Teams - None
Total Teams - 5

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)? 8 per month, which I don't think is unreasonable. I am the CT lead for Christy and have no reqs. and the other I'm the blog lead for Jennifer with no reqs

Are you happy with your number of teams? Would you prefer more or less? I'm very happy with the teams I'm on. Sometimes I think 5 is too many - especially when the mojo decides to disappear. Plus, I'm a pretty slow scrapper. But I wouldn't want to give any of these teams up. They are all fabulous designers to work for!!!

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments (I ask this question because I felt that way when I was a paper scrapper and was doing a lot of team work... I was very burnt out.) Not really. I still make the same type of layouts that I would if I wasn't on any teams.

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Last edited by Kat Stokes; 03-27-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sweet Shoppe Designers- none But I would LOVE to be on Traci and Meg's team.
Outside Designers- 3
Site/Store Teams- none
Total Teams- 3

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)? Im doing about 10 layouts per month for my CT's. 2 of them don't release weekly.

Are you happy with your number of teams? Would you prefer more or less? I would love to get on a CT here at SSD. I consider SSD my digital home and it would be icing on the cake if I could get on Traci or Meg's team since they are my favorite designers!

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments (I ask this question because I felt that way when I was a paper scrapper and was doing a lot of team work... I was very burnt out.) Its wierd but I like scrapping for assignments. Sometimes if I dont have an assignment to do I just draw a blank and don't know what I want to do or where to begin.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I'm on 7 CTs... five are SSD (you, Heather, Penny, Eva, & now Darcy) & two are outside SSD designers (Jennifer Fox & Aaron).

21 layouts per month, not including the ones I do that aren't specifically for CTs.

I'm very happy with the teams I'm on. If I didn't want to be on them, I wouldn't be.

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments (I ask this question because I felt that way when I was a paper scrapper and was doing a lot of team work... I was very burnt out.) I try to make my CT layouts ones I would do anyway, even if I wasn't on that CT. Unless it's a girly kit- then I have to figure something else out.

Last edited by SmallMoments; 03-27-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to RealRach

Sweet Shoppe Designers: 2
Outside Designers: 3 (2 on a very loose basis)
Site/Store Teams: 0
Total Teams: 5-ish but I work hard for 3

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)? 12 ish per month just depends on my mood and schedule

Are you happy with your number of teams? Would you prefer more or less? I am happy. I'm just extremely busy with nonscrapping stuff.

I still do a lot of NON Assignment scrapping. I love love to mix up designers and not have to worry about remembering who's stuff it came from. I do my best work when I can just let it go and not worry about promoting. But I don't post those pages either because I never remember who I took what from and I can just let it all go and scrap for me! So there's a lot of my work that never sees the light of day on the internet and I'm totally fine with that!

Good questions Libby!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Sweet Shoppe Designers Eva, Meg, Heather, Penny, Julie, Fee & Shawna
Outside Designers Tracey Howard, Amanda Heimann and Queen Of Hearts
Site/Store Teams none
Total Teams 10

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)? Well, I have very few teams with LO requirements. I am team lead for Meg, Tracey, Amanda, Penny, Heather and Eva. I do new release posting and blogging for Shawna. This is not to say that I do not scrap for those designers, b/c I do.. or I wouldn't have 30+ points on my portfolio every month. I do at least 20 layouts a month, most times more.

Are you happy with your number of teams? Would you prefer more or less? 10 is good for me.. I've been on more and had to drop b/c it was too much. I do know my limits.. and I know what I could take on in addition and what I couldn't. Template and font designers are easy b/c I use in conjunction with my other designers.

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments (I ask this question because I felt that way when I was a paper scrapper and was doing a lot of team work... I was very burnt out.) Nope.. every single page I create for the CT's or for my portfolio is something that is going to go in my personal scrapbooks. I don't ever feel like I'm missing anything by having CT's. It's an honor for me to work for amazing designers, and I don't take that for granted.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscwgirl View Post
[B]every single page I create for the CT's or for my portfolio is something that is going to go in my personal scrapbooks. I don't ever feel like I'm missing anything by having CT's. It's an honor for me to work for amazing designers, and I don't take that for granted.
perfectly put!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sweet Shoppe Designers: 3 right now...Heather, Julie, and Traci
Outside Designers: Stolen Moments, Nanie's Designs (templates)
Site/Store Teams: I also am part of the Grow With Love team for Sara Gleason & Crystal Livesay...not really sure how to categorize that one!
Total Teams: 6

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)? I generally do anywhere from 2-4 layouts a week for CT work.

I'm pretty happy with the number - I would LOVE to be on KCB and Cindy's teams, though. Actually, most of the SSD designers top my list...since this is where my paypal works the hardest! Right now I feel pretty okay with the amount of work I'm doing for CTs (and I am a bit behind...since my mojo sort of ebbs and flows!), I don't feel stressed or overworked. In fact, I am motivated by CT work, it seems!

I find that I scrap better when I have a deadline and a kit pre-chosen for me to work with, since I'm so indecisive! I am a slow scrapper as it is, but when I just have to come up with a page out of the blue - no prompts or kits or anything chosen for me - it takes FOREVER! That's why I love the portfolios, they inspire me to come up with pages that I may not have ever thought of. So even if I wasn't doing CT work, I'd be doing the porfolios still as an "assignment". If it became a chore to me, I'd step down for sure. My pages are better when I love what I'm doing and right now, I do!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 03-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm on 5 teams. 3 of them are SSD (Dani, Kristin and Eva) and 2 are SO (Tracey Howard and Nanie's templates).

I usually create 15-20 CT layouts per month.

I'm happy with the number of my teams. I'm not thinking "I'd like to be on more CTs" right now, I'd love to be on certain designers' (or one certain store LOL) teams though.

Like the girls before me, all my CT layouts are for my personal scrapbooks. I probably wouldn't buy all of the products my designers are releasing, because I have quite a tight budget - but I would definitely wishlist them and swoon over them. I don't feel any pressure of CT scrapping and I'm always looking forward to the new releases.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm on 2 - Krystal's and Misty's, so obviously just for SSD designers I am just getting back into scrapping after a long hiatus (lost my mojo because of health problems), but both girls have a "use what you download" type of requirement, so I'm doing well on that I think.

It'd be nice if I read the rest of the OP.

I'm happy with the number of CT's I'm on, although I wouldn't mind doing some guest spots.

No, I don't miss scrapping for fun rather than for assignments because to me, the assignments ARE fun.

Last edited by Jennilyn; 03-27-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Banned

profile gallery

Exciting hearing from everyone!!!

Sweet Shoppe Designers: 1 LO, 1 Hybrid
Outside Designers: 2 Hybrid
Site/Store Teams: 0
Total Teams 4

LO, depends really on the month. I miss scrapping LO instead of Hybrid. I would say I do 10-30 LO a month.

Again, wish I was on more LO teams. Teams make me get the LO done that I want!!

No. If I love the designer, it's easy to get LO done. They are pics I want to scrap anyways. If I don't love the designer-I don't apply for their team!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm on none. I have been on a template team for a now retired designer and loved the team there. I have also been creating freebie quickpages for another designer, but I quickly had to give that up when the busiest time of my PhD thesis came on.

I had a phase when I felt I HAD to scrap more and got totally blocked. Now however, I sometimes feel like I could do with a bit more of a push. I spent too much time looking through stores and hanging out in forums instead of scrapping. Which is a shame, because I enjoy the process once I start.

On the other hand, I love the freedom to not create when I don't feel like it. So I'm a bit torn there. Especially because I wouldn't want to be on a CT and then not meet the requirements. Even though there are designers here that make me love every single release (Kristin, Jenn and Dani come to mind), I probably would not join a "normal" team. I'd rather like to do templates again or do a loose quickpage creation thing for promotion. But I'd definitely not do multiple teams. I'm a rather slow scrapper and I like it that way.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm on three teams currently - Melissa and Misty here, and Jenn Labre at ScrapMatters. I also do a guest gig here and there - right now, I'm finishing up at the DigiChick and am looking forward to guesting for Meg in June. It's a good number for me.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm on 3, all at other stores. 2 are template CT's, one of those is freelance, so it's not too much for me. I still totally enjoy scrapping, and all of my layouts are still 'for me' so to speak. I could probably do 1 or 2 more 'kit' teams, but between designing and taking care of 3 kiddos (including a newborn) I wouldn't do more than 1 or 2 more, depending on the requirements.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I'm on three CTs total right now.
Lauren Grier (so 1 SSD CT aside from my Babe spot)
SSD (1 site team)
Jady Day Studio

This is 12 Layouts a month for me, and I also do a blog post I think every 3 months with La. I do a blog post once a month or so for SSD as well. As a Babe (as you know) there are a few other random requirements or extras that we do.

I am happy with the number of teams I have, I wish I had more, but I don't have more time, so I don't take any more.

I try to scrap for fun with my CTs. I'm on CTs that I LOVE LOVE LOVE, and it's not like work. I don't feel burned out, I just lose my mojo frequently it seems, and it makes me doubt my abilities, which makes me lose my mojo...and all around the mulberry bush. Then I tend to drop all my teams, then my mojo comes back, then I get back into it. It's a vicious cycle LOL. I've been on some awesome CTs that I've dropped because I lost my creativity, I wish I had some of them back now though!

I think I still love to scrap, sometimes I need to mix things up so I go buy a new kit from somewhere new or someone I haven't scrapped with before. Obviously some of the SSD designers have the same certain style (which is why we all love them so much!), so sometimes it helps my creativity to step out of the box from time to time.

I wanted to add that without my CTs, I might not scrap at all. Without the push to have a deadline for something, I find I don't scrap at all.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
LOL

Ohhh i want to play

Sweet Shoppe Designers- Zero
Outside Designers- Thirteen
Site/Store Teams- Five SSD being one of them
Total Teams- Eighteen

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)?I do meet all the req's. and I'm doing a lot of layouts but I love it, it keeps my mind busy!!

Are you happy with your number of teams? Yes for now. Would you prefer more or less? I'd like to go back to school so the inevitable will happen
we'll see

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments: Nope because w/out these teams IDT I'd ever get my pages done and 80% of my pages get printed!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I'm on 4 CT all here at SSD.

Only 2 of my teams have a set number and the total for that is 7 LO's. My other two teams just require a LO for each new release. Both of those designers are "low" product producers, so it's usually only about 3 to 5 extra LO's more a month.

I'm extremely happy with the current number of teams I'm on. There is only one other designer here at SSD (ok...maybe 2) that I covet a spot on their team.....*BUT*....they are both high volume designers and I'm just not sure I could handle the extra "work". So I'll just continue to buy both their designs and be happy my money is helping them earn a living!!!!

Nope because I'm only on teams that fit my style and I scrap everything I would normally scrap even if I wasn't on their teams!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 03-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I bow down to your greatness, Mary!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm on 4 teams.
Teams here, Lauren Grier, Zoe Pearn & Fee Jardine

Outside Teams, The Shabby Princess' post release teams. LO's due within 14 days of the release.

Total, 4. I've been on 12 at one time before and I kept up, but it was a lot of work.

I haven't been a great CT member lately and I'm lucky all my girls understand. Since Keira's cancer I haven't much felt like scrapping to be honest.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How many CTs are you on:

Just 2 total (Kristin and Cindy)

approximately 3-8, depending on how many products are released.

Right now my load is full with the 2 that I have. My ideal situation would be to add a 3-month guest spot in the summer, because I have so much more time to scrap during the summer months. I don't think too many designers do things that way though.

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments:

Most of my scrapping these days is for a requirement. Even so, all of my CT pages go into my albums, and they are pages I love. But yes, sometimes I miss just sitting down to scrap "just because."
Old 03-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Sweet Shoppe Designers 3 (Libby, Traci, Meg)
Outside Designers (Flergs, Tracey Howard, Captivated Visions, Samara Hybrids, Amy Stoffel, The Ettes, Dawn Inskip, Meredith Cardall )
Site/Store Teams Scrap Orchard Honey Bee and Marketing Staff
Total Teams 11 plus 1 store

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)? Yes, I have always met the requirements except for once here (as you know Libby... LOL) because I have been on the staff that has been organizing the digi convention in Vegas and that has taken a bunch of time. The convention is this next week though, so when I get back, those requirements will be over with. I don't work outside of the home and my kids are all grown so I have plenty of time. I typically do a minimum of a dozen or so layouts a week and enjoy doing more than one per kit, but that has slowed lately cuz of convention. I'll get back to that after next week though. When I have a kit open, I wanna make the most of it (few layouts, sneak peeks, ads, desktops, etc.).

Are you happy with your number of teams? Would you prefer more or less? I am very happy with all of my teams, although one of them (none here) has changed her style since I began and I'm not sure I enjoy it as much. I may change that one. There are a few that I would still like to get on because I love their stuff (KCB, Cindy Schneider here, and a few others elsewhere), but like many of the other gals, I wouldn't work with anyone who's style I don't love. I'm not in it for the free kits and wouldn't want to do any that I didn't like just to get them free. Typically, if I work with a designer, I already own most of their stuff already anyway. LOL

Well, since I just converted from paper scrapping to digi scrapping ten months ago, I'm still so new to digi that I'm really enjoying learning and playing. So no. I'm having a great time with it and I've really enjoyed doing desktops, sneak peeks, etc. I'm actually looking forward to when I get back from convention and I can put some new skills to good use and do some serious power scrapping!

I really love being on your team Libby!
Jen Yurko, Meredith Cardall, Lindsay Jane, and PickleBerry Pop!
Old 03-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sweet Shoppe Designers:4
Outside Designers:None
Site/Store Teams:1
Total Teams:4

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)? Hummm, I try and meet all my requirements but sometimes fall short...especially in my individual teams...Sorry Girls! I have been creating for KCB, Darcy &Dani for years-long before I became a babe and Meg since she began designing...I sometimes don't get a LO done as quickly as I should but always go the extra mile to make sure I do it eventually!

I am happy with my teams! I wouldn't change any of them for the world. I often think I would like one or two more-but I have tried and it always gets to the point I don't like it-I just can't get into any designer who doesn't sell at SSD!

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments (I ask this question because I felt that way when I was a paper scrapper and was doing a lot of team work... I was very burnt out.) Hummm...I don't think I miss scrapping for fun-but I do have a lot of kits on my hard drive from outside SSD-and I often feel guilty for not using them!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm only on one CT right now, for Lyndsay Riches at Scrap Orchard. She generally does 1-2 releases a month, and the reqs are loose: 1 blog post and a "download what you want to use" policy. Most months I do 3 LOs and a blog post for her.

I'm a slow scrapper, so I do about 12-15 LOs a month. I'd love a second team, but I'm only interested in CTing for my favorite designers here at SSD. If I took on a second non-SSD team, I wouldn't be able to keep up with the portfolios, and the portfolios give me the push I need to stay motivated. I'm not actively seeking a 2nd CT, but I do apply when one of my favorite designers has a call. I'm guesting for Meg soon and can't wait!

I agree with everyone else who said that their CT scrapping is for them, and that's true for me, too. I <3 Lyndsay's designs and always love the pages I make with them. But the burnout thing is why I limit myself to 2 teams. I think I'd stop having fun with it if the majority of my pages were for assignments.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

site teams: ssd, 2Ps, and jessicasprague.com
paper teams: jenni bowlin kit and manufacturer, creative memories
i am also on write click scrapbook.
12 digi layouts, 8 paper or so.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Im not on any teams at the moment. I havent been scrapping as much lately but tht was not because of the teams I was on just personal stuff in my life which has me kinda in a slump with my scrapping. I had to quit two teams though because of not being able to really meet the requirements. I mean I was still doing layouts but they were not my best work and it wasnt really fair to the designers so I felt that the best thing to do was to step down and let them have someone who could give 100%

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 03-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

None but I would love to be on one.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sweet Shoppe Designers: 5 (Traci, Penny, Melissa, Misty & Eva)
Outside Designers: 1 (Amanda Heimann)
Site/Store Teams: 2 (MeSoScrappy & DigiScrapAddicts)
Total Teams: 8

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)? Let's see, I guess around 25 a month for CT requirements - generally 4-5 per week, give or take depending on what the designers release of course.

Are you happy with your number of teams? Would you prefer more or less? I'm very happy with what I have right now. A couple of my designers don't necessarily release something every week, and the site team requirements are pretty easy to meet since we have product pretty early in the month. I'm not sure I'd apply for any more teams at this point, although that could always change if a few specific designers had calls. lol

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments? I do scrap for fun. All the layouts I create for my CT requirements are ones that will go in my kids' or my own scrapbooks. All of the designers I create for are ones whose products I would buy if I didn't create for them anyway, so being on their team is a bonus! I do occasionally miss being able to pick a random picture and then hunt for a kit to use since I am often scrapping according to what kits are coming out that week but I still do quite a bit of that too so it's not really a big deal.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post
None but I would love to be on one.
Ditto.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

None right now, but I've been on a good number of teams before! I used to scrap a lot and I was on the awesomest teams!!! Then I got burnt out because I was struggling with my design work and I kinda lost my mojo and had to drop my teams and shortly after I quit designing. That was a year ago and I still haven't seen my mojo. lol I'm hoping part of it is that I'm pregnant and hope once my baby is a few months old that I'll be back in the mood to scrap again!

I did struggle sometimes with teams that required a LO with EVERY release because sometimes a kit is too "themey" for me or it was a super grungy boy kit and I didn't have pics to scrap for the assignment. Now that I'll be having a boy, I think it'd be easier for me to be on a CT again since I'll have boy pics to go with the boy kits!

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 03-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontine78 View Post
Zero

But I would love to be at one.....
me too

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 03-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sweet Shoppe Designers zero
Outside Designers one (Jennifer Fox!!)
Site/Store Teams zero
Total Teams 1

And if you meet all layout requirements for the above teams, how many layouts are you doing per month (or week if it's easier for you to figure that way)? 3 LO's per month and 1 blog post. I always meet my requirements and most time exceed them. It just depends on how many products Jennifer creates that month.

Are you happy with your number of teams? Would you prefer more or less? I am VERY happy to be on Jennifer's team. We have a great group and it is fun to promote her at her new place. I wouldn't mind being on 1-2 more teams though. I really do enjoy promoting and helping designers with ideas and fun games. I would love to be on a CT here at SSD ....it would make me feel like my time on this forum was for a purpose. Plus, this is where 90% of my buying is done! It seems like I am posting more LO's at the other store's site just because that is what I am working on. I would like to post here more because this is my digi home. I feel like I am cheating on SSD when I am posting for Jennifer! LOL

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments (I ask this question because I felt that way when I was a paper scrapper and was doing a lot of team work... I was very burnt out.) I got that way when I was doing the portfolio each month. I was stressing over the points and the challenges trying to get it all done. I had to take a couple months off to regroup. As for my CT.....I love it. I always scrap something that I was going to scrap anyways. So I am not doing "extra" work that is taking me away from my projects.

With all of that said.......for me - it is easy to create for/meet requirements for someone that you adore and would buy a majority of their products anyways. I would only consider working for those that I really love their designs. It just makes me a better promoter for them. It is hard to "sell" something if you wouldn't buy it yourself. KWIM?

Last edited by taracotta7; 03-27-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sweet Shoppe Designers 3: Dani. Zoe. Cindy.
Outside Designers 1: DDE
Total Teams 4

8, more or less

I could add another one, if it didn't come with a lot of pressure. I don't do pressure very well. I love that all of my teams are very laid back and flexible, but that said, the designers I create for inspire me to scrap more.

Do you ever miss scrapping just for fun and not for assignments? Oh, I scrap just for fun PLENTY. And my "assignments" are really fun too. Or else I wouldn't be on those teams.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to litabells

I'm on 3 teams here at SSD:
Kristin
Shawna
Jenn

And I freelance for 3 outside teams:
Flergs
Queen of Hearts
Captivated Visions

I generally average around 10 layouts a month

I easily meet my requirements-12 (health issues permitting) and because I'm not on a lot of teams, I find I still enjoy it. When I have too many teams I get stressed and it becomes work, as opposed to a happy hobby.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Not on any CTs currently but maybe one day. Life is just too busy right now to even scrap for myself.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Up until the end of this Month, I am on 3 teams total.

SSD Designers: None
Outside Designers: 2 (WM [squared] Designs and Chelle's Creations)
Outside Site: 1 (ScrapMatters)

I just resigned from the site team because I won a design apprenticeship to SM and I will be focusing on that. I am generally doing 3-4 LOs a week with those 3 teams. I have always made my minimum requirements. I also do Friday blog postings for Chelle. I never miss scrapping for fun because I have always found the CT work fun, when I don't find it fun, I usually quit that particular CT.