Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Has Anyone Used ScanMyPhotos?

I bought the Groupon a while back and am getting ready to send in my 1000 4x6 photos. A couple questions I've been trying to decide on that I'd love to get some help from those who might know:

- is it worth the extra $41 to get scanning at 600 dpi instead of 300 dpi? I plan to make photobooks from the photos and probably won't enlarge much if at all.
- is it worth the $48 extra for the "Photo Soap"? My photos are up to about 20 years old and some are a smidge faded or yellowed, but not too bad. Also, it was before I was a serious photographer so there are some exposure issues here and there. I normally wouldn't want someone messing with my photos but on the other hand I don't want to have to edit 1000 photos either!

I'd welcome any input if anyone has done these upgrades (or just has an opinion generally )
Dawn
Old 08-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've used them but some time ago and I don't think either option was available for me. I would suggest numbering your photos...I didn't do it and I so regret it because they are so out of order...
Old 08-15-2011, 06:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Dawn, I haven't used those upgrades, but just wanted to say I got my order back from my groupon and was really pleased with their super fast service and care for my package and the digital quality was just fine. My pics were all older of my teenage boys when they were younger before I had a digi camera. I mostly did it for archival purposes in case of fire.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I never get any of the extra options.
I've scrapped a bunch of them and enlarged pretty big on my LO and I haven't run into any issues.
As far as the editing goes, I don't really edit them. They are what they are. They aren't perfect, but they are memories. JPG editing isn't all that awesome anyway, so I just leave them be and work around it. But that's just me.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you girls! Rachelle, that's good to know because I have been numbering them just in case and wondering if it is a waste of time.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:15 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

oooh, I didn't know you could add the 600 dpi option. I think I will buy the next Groupon for them then. I need to have a bunch scanned, but I only scan my photos at 600 dpi because I like that extra option of resizing. That has been my reason for not using them before. Wow, I'm checking them out again.

If they are the Groupon again, someone please let me know!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Do they keep them in order if numbered, but you don't pay the extra fee for that? I never even thought about doing that. A friend of mine split the order with me and all her pics stayed in one group separate from mine which made it super easy to divide the CD. But I'm tempted to grab another groupon and get more scanned so please let us know if that works out ok. Thanks!

Old 08-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

They specifically say that they don't guarantee they'll stay in order unless you pay for it (and even then it's only for the scanning, not the returning). So, I'm just numbering them so I can put them back in order if they are returned mixed up.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

they scan them in the order you request but when they return them they are no longer in that order...mine were all over the place and i've never taken the time to try to figure out the order...i sorted mine by month/year and added an index card with the info so i would know when the pictures were taken. i can always go back to by disc and put the pictures in order but that's too much work

Last edited by jaylensmom; 08-16-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh okay I see what you meant now. That would be really helpful!