Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Need gift ideas...

My daughter is graduating from high school next month. Her boyfriend is a foreign exchange student from Holland and he'll go back home over Memorial Day weekend. I'd like to make something for him to remember her. They're each other's first relationship and they're so deeply into that first "love" thing right now. It's going to tear them up to say goodbye, and I'd like to think of something memory keeping related for her to give him either as a goodbye gift or graduation gift as he's also a senior.

I don't have a lot of photos and they've only been officially dating for a month (they flirted most of the school year away). I do have some nice prom pictures of the two of them together and also offered to take photos of them together at a nature center near our house sometime.

Any ideas? I don't have enough photos to make an album. A key chain? Gah... I have no ideas here.

Came back to add... to make the story even more tragic... we have a family reunion to attend on Memorial Day weekend. Been in the works for over a year. So she can't even be there to say goodbye at the airport.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What about a mini accordion album? You'd only need around 12 pictures for that. I'm sure she has some. They're wallet sized too. You could mix in nice pictures of her alone and some of them together to bulk it up.

http://www.mpix.com/products/funstuff/accordionmini

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
My daughter is graduating from high school next month. Her boyfriend is a foreign exchange student from Holland and he'll go back home over Memorial Day weekend. I'd like to make something for him to remember her. They're each other's first relationship and they're so deeply into that first "love" thing right now. It's going to tear them up to say goodbye, and I'd like to think of something memory keeping related for her to give him either as a goodbye gift or graduation gift as he's also a senior.

I don't have a lot of photos and they've only been officially dating for a month (they flirted most of the school year away). I do have some nice prom pictures of the two of them together and also offered to take photos of them together at a nature center near our house sometime.

Any ideas? I don't have enough photos to make an album. A key chain? Gah... I have no ideas here.

Came back to add... to make the story even more tragic... we have a family reunion to attend on Memorial Day weekend. Been in the works for over a year. So she can't even be there to say goodbye at the airport.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
What about a mini accordion album? You'd only need around 12 pictures for that. I'm sure she has some. They're wallet sized too. You could mix in nice pictures of her alone and some of them together to bulk it up.

Love that idea!
If you don't have enough photos, maybe make some of the slots little quotes or songs or simple words that they share together.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:02 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post

that is a super cute idea! It looks like you could even do it hybrid.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I use those sized albums for boudoir pictures and my customers love them!

I've used them for senior portraits and newborn sessions too. Very popular.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If you wanted to do an 8x8 album, you could fill some of it with school memorabilia, a picture of the school, any tickets or other keepsakes she may have, lyrics if they have a song together, etc.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Persnickety Prints was selling some 4x4 albums that were darling! perfect for IG pics or other pics you want at that size. 4x4 scrapbook pages, quotes, etc would be cute.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think either a wallet size accordian mini album or something small like the Little Black Book from Artisan State would be nice. And you wouldn't have to have a ton of photos for either option. Plus they'd be small enough to tuck into his luggage vs something like a collage frame of photos that would take up more space as he returns home.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OK, I think I'll go with the mini album idea if I can get enough photos together in the next couple of weeks. Senior year is kind of crazy in the spring.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You could even get photos of the school and other memory items to put in there. Could you ask your daughter to write out some thoughts on journal cards to him and put in envelopes within the mini album to take up some of the pages? It would not have to be all photos, but I think if you have enough memory items in there, it would turn out really cute.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Need gift ideas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
OK, I think I'll go with the mini album idea if I can get enough photos together in the next couple of weeks. Senior year is kind of crazy in the spring.

If Mpix doesn't have full bleed ones, Whcc does, but the come in a set of 3. They could both have a copy. Or Mpixpro sells them just one. If you need help with that, let me know.

They might offer an 8.5x4 album there too. It holds 7 pictures, works the same way, just bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2014, 09:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

http://www.mpixpro.com/Catalog.aspx/accordionbooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk