Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default February 2012: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

Hey Hey chickie-do-s!

You've had a month to soak in the sweetness of the newest portfolio format at Pinterest, and we hope you're lovin' it as much as we are! February is here which means it's time to start a brand new month with all-new challenges! Are you ready? Here are the details...

To participate in this month's challenges just visit our February Portfolio Pinboard at pinterest to check out the incredible inspiration posted by our challenge team for you to create a portfolio from this month.

The first 8 days of each month will bring new challenges from each member of our team, so be sure to follow along to find out all of the options available to you to this month. On the 9th, you'll be able to download a printable .pdf of the month's challenges from this thread to help you keep track of the challenges you've done and still need to do!

While you don't need a Pinterest account to view our pinboard and participate in our monthly challenges, Darcy Baldwin would be more than happy to get you a Pinterest invite if you email her!

As usual, you'll be using this thread to claim a spot to track your own progress and points. Each pin at Pinterest will have not only visual inspiration for you, but also a verbal prompt and a point value too. Simply complete a layout for the pin and post it in your tracker thread as always to earn your points!

For February, all layouts and points need to be posted by 11:59pm EST at the end of the day on March 1st. If you're joining us for the first time this month, you can have a look at the amazing portfolio tracker threads from previous months to see how it's done, but here are the basics...

1) Post to claim your tracker spot for the month.
2) When you finish a layout for a challenge, upload it to the gallery and right click to get the image information for your layout.
3) Return to the tracker spot you claimed in this thread, and click edit to add the image of your layout to your portfolio. You'll want to add your layout in order of the numbers shown above each challenge at Pinterest and include that number and the points earned above your image.
4) At the very end of your portfolio, please keep a running tally of the total points earned to date.

PLEASE NOTE: Portfolio points may NOT be carried over into the following month as each month begins anew with a fresh set of inspiring challenges! Additionally, you may NOT use the same layout for more than one numbered task - each task requires a new layout. For more information, visit the Portfolio FAQ.

Please don't post chatter or comments in this thread as we'd like to keep it clean and easy to check at the end of the month. If you want to give praise to your favorite prompts or layouts, feel free to chatter as much as you like in our General Info & Chatter Forum. Thanks!!

Finally, be sure to watch our Challenge Inspiration Board at Pinterest to see some amazing takes on our monthly portfolio! There are so many talented scrappers here at SSD and we love sharing their work with you.

That's it! Good luck and have fun,

Robin & the challenge team!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 4 pts

2 - Wedding photographers are brilliant at capturing memories by showing off the little details of an event which made it special... unique. Take inspiration from Anne Ruthmann Photography to shoot your own set of detail photos for an everyday or special event, and scrap those photos in a layout. - 1 pt

23 - Use frames to frame anything BUT photos! - 1 pt

40. Washi tape is all the rage right now. Use this tutorial by Peppermint Granberg to feature realistic digital washi tape on your page. 2pts

Last edited by eranslow; 02-17-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My Spot
Old 01-31-2012, 09:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

my spot.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My spot

#11 - When I first started scrapbooking back in high school, speech bubble stickers were super popular. Use a speech bubble (or more!) on a layout. - 1 pt

Last edited by heathergw; 02-06-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

me here

Old 01-31-2012, 11:25 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

me!

Total - 30 points

#1 - Hybrid

10 points

#2 - Little Details

1 point

#3 Tabs + NR Special Delivery 2/11

2 points

#4 - 50 free fonts + NR I Like the Way you Rock & Roll 2/4

2 points

#11 - Speech Bubbles

1 points

#12 - Everyday Thank You Note

1 point

#15 - Curly Girl

1 point

#22 - Little Bit of Perfect

2 points

#23 - frame something other than photos + NR Beware Ninja 2/10

2 points

#27 - Places I Haven't Been

1 point

#28 - Spin a Lift

1 point

#35 - I'm Pretty + NR The Princess Who Saved Herself 2/18

3 points

#36 - Font You Love to Hate

1 point

#40 - Washi Tapes (man, I worked on this, but it still doesn't look much different to me.)

2 points

Last edited by lovely1m; 02-21-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 01-31-2012, 11:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Claiming my spot x
Old 01-31-2012, 11:33 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

My spot!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Total points: 30

Challenge points: 25
New Release points: 5

Feb 1: Hybrid Jar 10 pts

Feb 2: Detail Photos 1 pt

Feb 3: Tabs NR DJB Miss Molly Brown 2 pts

Feb 4: 50 Best Fonts (Channel) 1 pt

Feb 9: P2D 1 pt

Feb 12: Thank You Note NR DJB Miss Molly Brown 2 pts

Feb 20: Peek-a-boo NR DJB Miss Molly Brown 3 pts

Feb 21: Perception vs Reality 1 pt

Feb 27: Places I Haven't Been 1 pt

Feb 28: SAL--marnel 1 pt

Feb 30: Good Old Days NR DJB Miss Molly Brown 3 pts

Feb 36: Use a font you would normally avoid NR DJB Miss Molly Brown 2 pts

Feb 40: Washi tape 2 pts

Last edited by pewtertm; 02-28-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My Spot

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This one's mine!

4 - Use one of the 50 best FREE fonts from 2011 as named by smashingapps.com on your next layout!--I used Coalition 2.0--1 pt + 1 hybrid pt

6 - Take inspiration from this art piece from Creative Works by Connie to create an "ABC's of You" Layout. (You can make it about yourself, someone else, etc. ... be creative!) - 2 pts + 1 NR pt (Cindy and Traci's Slip In Style Builders 1, released 1/28, LO posted 2/4)

9. Paper2Digi 1 pt + 1 hybrid pt

Larissa Albernaz's Postcard-*Crate Paper* LO:

My lift:

14. Use a quirky trait of you or someone in your family as the basis for a LO. 1 pt + 1 NR point (Little Charmer Triple Dip, released 2/11, LO posted 2/11)
One of Ben's quirky traits is that at 3 and 4 he frequently pretended to be an animal, especially a "sad little animal." He'd describe his animal self in detail and use certain facial expressions every time.

15. Be inspired by a quote or card from CurlyGirl's website. 1 pt + 1 NR pt (Melissa's The Good Life, released 2/4, LO posted 2/4)

21-Perception vs. reality. Create a layout where the outcome of what you thought would happen was completely different from the reality. 1 pt

22. Wouldn't life be perfect if...Create a LO describing 1 way life could be perfect. 2 pts

27. Use this image, "Places I Haven't Been" as inspiration to scrap a layout about travel, whether you have been there or not. 1 pt

30. Aww, the good old days. Journal about something from your past that is different from today. Include journaling describing that time in your life, or a certain thing you remember well. Document history. 2 pts + 1 NR pt (Melissa's Dare 2 Dream, released 2/25)

36. Use Comic Sans 1 pt + 1 hybrid pt

38. Winter may be here, but spring color is in! Use the 2012 Pantone Spring Color Forecast to inspire the color scheme of your LO. 1 pt + 1 NR pt (Melissa and Lliella's Blossom, released 2/11)

Total points: 22
NR points: 5
Hybrid points: 3

Last edited by rach3975; 02-24-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my spot...
Old 02-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm parking here!

Total Points: 30
New Release Points: 5

#2 1 POINT Wedding photographers are brilliant at capturing memories by showing off the little details of an event which made it special... unique. Take inspiration from Anne Ruthmann Photography to shoot your own set of detail photos for an everyday or special event, and scrap those photos in a layout

# 3 1 POINT Be inspired by these fancy tabs at Little Birdie Secrets, and use some dressed-up tabs on your next layout!

#4 2 POINTS Use one of the 50 best FREE fonts from 2011 as named by smashingapps.com on your next layout! I used Sketch Block for part of my title
New Release: Half Pack #34 by Cindy Schneider

#5 1 POINT Use the simple and clean design of the Neighborhood Studio's website to inspire the composition of your next page

#7 1 POINT Use this photo of a table setting as a sketch for an original layout

#8 1 POINT Big titles are FUN! Take inspiration from this cool print by Jenny Bowers to create a LO with your own big, stamped title!

#10 2 POINTS Be inspired by this amazing video to scrap a page using geometric paper piecing to cover the entire background.
New Release: Slip In Style Builders 2 - 6x12 by Traci Reed and Cindy Schneider

#11 2 POINTS When I first started scrapbooking back in high school, speech bubble stickers were super popular. Use a speech bubble (or more!) on a layout.
New Release: Sticky Tab Notes by Traci Reed

#13 1 POINT Most white with small pops of bright and happy color

#15 2 POINTS Inspiration from Curly Girl Design....She has had her cake, declared it delicious and is enjoying every bite.
New Release: The Good Life by Melissa Bennett

#19 1 POINT Draw inspiration from this graphic and scrap a layout describing a relationship in a metaphor

#20 2 POINTS Peek-a-boo! Play with folded or torn paper pieces or cutouts on a layout

#22 2 POINTS Wouldn't life be perfect if? Create a layout describing one way in which life could be perfect

#23 1 POINT Use frames to frame anything BUT photos

#24 2 POINTS Use heart elements or create ones with paper and make your layout background filled with hearts
New Release: C'est Jolie by Traci Reed and Krystal Hartley

#27 [B]1 POINT [/B ]Use this image, "Places I Haven't Been" as inspiration to scrap a layout about travel, whether you have been there, or not

#28 1 POINT SAL of one of Marnel's pages

#28 1 POINT I am in love with the outfits I see all over Pinterest from polyvore.com. Head over to their site to be inspired. Scrap about your current style, or be inspired by patterns and colors...inspired by Happy Valentine's Day

#32 1 POINT I love those little vintage plastic flowers, buttons, and beads. Use this image as inspiration and pile on all the little baubles.

#36 1 POINT Comic Sans is one of the fonts designers love to hate. Learn to love a font you would normally avoid by featuring it on your page

#38 1 POINT Winter may be here but spring color is in! Use the 2012 Pantone Spring Color Forecast to inspire the color scheme of your layout

#40 2 POINTS Washi tape is all the rage right now

New Release Points: 5

Total Points: 30

Last edited by kim21673; 02-21-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

This one's mine
Old 02-01-2012, 12:31 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

2 - Detail photos. 1 point

7 - Use this photo of a table setting as a sketch for an original layout. 1 point

11 - Use a speech bubble (or more!) on a layout. 1 point

23 - Use frames to frame anything BUT photos. 1 point

40 - Washi Tape Tutorial. 2 points

Last edited by Lyd; 02-18-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My spot

Old 02-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

4 - Use one of the 50 best FREE fonts from 2011 as named by smashingapps.com on your next layout! - used Absinthe - 1 primary point and 1 NR point for Shawna's kit, uploaded 2/3

6 - Take inspiration from this art piece from Creative Works by Connie to create an "ABC's of You" Layout. (You can make it about yourself, someone else, etc. ... be creative!) - 2 primary points and 1 NR point for Eva's kit, uploaded 2/3

8 - Big titles are FUN! Take inspiration from this cool print by Jenny Bowers to create a LO with your own big, stamped title! - 1 primary point

9 - Let's do a Paper-to-Digi scraplift using Larissa Albernaz's amazing gallery as inspiration. - 1 primary point

10 - Be inspired by this amazing video to scrap a page using geometric paper piecing to cover the entire background.- 1 primary point and 1 NR point for Shawna's kit, uploaded 2/19

13- I actually gasped when I saw these pictures. Not only are the photos beautiful, but the colors are fresh and inspiring and I want to soak them in deep. Use these photos as an inspiration for a color palette on a layout. We're looking for most white with small pops of bright and happy color. - 1 primary point

20 - Peek-a-boo! Play with folded or torn paper pieces or cutouts on a layout. - 2 primary points

23 - Use frames to frame anything BUT photos! - 1 primary point and 1 NR point for Meg's kit, uploaded 2/19

28. An old favorite... Spin A Lift. I have been in awe of Mary's gallery this year. Head over to SugarBabe marnel's gallery and choose a page to lift. Spin it 90 or 180 degrees. Be sure to share which page you lifted. - 1 primary point and 1 NR point for Meg's kit, uploaded 2/27

34. I am alt of ctrl. Use this photograph to inspire your title work. - 1 primary point

38. Winter may be here but spring color is in! Use the 2012 Pantone Spring Color Forecast to inspire the color scheme of your layout. - 1 primary point

40. Washi tape is all the rage right now. Use this tutorial by Peppermint Granberg to feature realistic digital washi tape on your page. - 2 primary points

Total points: 20
5/5 NR points used

Last edited by kscwgirl; 02-27-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 02-01-2012, 03:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL POINTS = 30 POINT
WHICH INCLUDES
NR POINTS - 5
HYBRID POINTS - 2

1 POINT

4 - Use one of the 50 best FREE fonts from 2011 as named by smashingapps.com on your next layout! - 1 pt
Lavanderia font

1 POINT + 1 POINT NR = 2 POINTS (CINDY SCHNEIDER PAGEBUILDERS REL 4/2/12 UPLOADED 5/2/12
2 - Wedding photographers are brilliant at capturing memories by showing off the little details of an event which made it special... unique. Take inspiration from Anne Ruthmann Photography to shoot your own set of detail photos for an everyday or special event, and scrap those photos in a layout. - 1 pt

1 POINT + 1 POINT NR = 2 POINTS new found happiness collab rel 4/2 - uploaded 7/2
3 - Be inspired by these fancy tabs at Little Birdie Secrets

1 POINT + 1 POINT NR - lIBBY pritchett-paperclips-backgrounds2 (Rel - 25/1/12 - uploaded 1/2/12)
5 - Use the simple and clean design of the Neighborhood Studio's website to inspire the composition of your next page.

1 POINT
7 - Use this photo of a table setting as a sketch for an original layout. - 1 pt

1 POINT
8 - Big titles are FUN! Take inspiration from this cool print by Jenny Bowers to create a LO with your own big, stamped title! - 1 pt

1 POINT
9 - Let's do a Paper-to-Digi scraplift using Larissa Albernaz's amazing gallery as inspiration. - 1 pt
lIFTED FROM
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/peam...17_600x600.jpg
MINE

1 POINT + 1 POINT NR - lIBBY pritchett-paperclips-backgrounds2 (Rel - 25/1/12 - uploaded 2/2/12)
10 - Be inspired by this amazing video to scrap a page using geometric paper piecing to cover the entire background. 1 pt

1 POINT
13- I actually gasped when I saw these pictures. Not only are the photos beautiful, but the colors are fresh and inspiring and I want to soak them in deep. Use these photos as an inspiration for a color palette on a layout. We're looking for most white with small pops of bright and happy color.

1 POINT + 1 POINT HYBRID = 2 POINTS
15- I ADORE Curly Girl and her amazing site (www.curlygirldesi...). I have been in love with her whimsical quotes and art for years. Take on of her quotes OR one of her pieces of art and use it as an inspiration for a layout. 1 point.

1 POINT + 1 POINT NR = 2 POINTS Cindy's half pack 35 rel 4/2/12 - uploaded 6/2/12
16 - Photography challenge! Be inspired by this photo and use your hands, arms, or other body parts to form symbols like the peace sign, a heart, or even a letter. Scrap the photo/s in a layout. - 1 pt.

1 POINT
19 - Draw inspiration from this graphic and scrap a layout describing a relationship in a metaphor. - 1 pt

2 POINTS
20 - Peek-a-boo! Play with folded or torn paper pieces or cutouts on a layout. - 2 pts

2 POINTS
22 - Wouldn't life be perfect if? Create a layout describing one way in which life could be perfect - you could even ask your kids and create a layout with their responses. This would be a great memory to look back on down the road. - 2 pts

1 POINT + 1 POINT HYBRID = 2 POINTS
24 - Use heart elements or create ones with paper and make your layout background filled with hearts

1 POINT
28. An old favorite... Spin A Lift. I have been in awe of Mary's gallery this year. Head over to SugarBabe marnel's gallery and choose a page to lift. Spin it 90 or 180 degrees. Be sure to share which page you lifted. 1 pt
Marys
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...tle=gc&cat=500
Mine

1 point
29. I am in love with the outfits I see all over Pinterest from polyvore.com. Head over to their site to be inspired. Scrap about your current style, or be inspired by patterns and colors! 1 pt.
http://www.polyvore.com/fashion_get_...et?id=43179532

1 POINT
34. I am alt of ctrl. Use this photograph to inspire your title work. 1pt

2 points
35. I'm pretty. We are our own worst critics. We hide our selves when we don't feel good enough and put on a plastic smile for the world. Scrap about your insecurities. 2pts

1 POINT
36. Comic Sans is one of the fonts designers love to hate. Learn to love a font you would normally avoid by featuring it on your page. 1pt

Last edited by seatrout; 02-11-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:17 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Me!

Old 02-01-2012, 05:45 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

10 pts. 1 - Take inspiration from Kelli Crowe's awesome project, and create your own time capsule! What do you want people to know about you 5 years from now? 10 years from now? Put your tokens, notes and other memorabilia in a container of your choice and dress it up.

1 pt + 1 pt NR (template from Cindy - uploaded 2/2) 4 - Use one of the 50 best FREE fonts from 2011 as named by smashingapps.com on your next layout!

1 pt. + 1 pt. NR (Slip-Ins 5 from Traci - uploaded 2/1) 5 - Use the simple and clean design of the Neighborhood Studio's website to inspire the composition of your next page.

2 pts. + 1 pt. NR (font from Darcy) 12 - Laura Deieterich is known for writing a thank you note a day on her blog (www.thxthxthx.com). Read through some of them to be inspired and then write your own thank you note and use it on a layout.

1 pt. 14 - Use some quirky trait of your or someone in your family as a basis for a layout.

1 pt. + 1 pt NR (font from Darcy) 15 - I ADORE Curly Girl and her amazing site (www.curlygirldesi...). I have been in love with her whimsical quotes and art for years. Take one of her quotes OR one of her pieces of art and use it as an inspiration for a layout.

2 pts. 20 - Peek-a-boo! Play with folded or torn paper pieces or cutouts on a layout.

1 pt. 25 - Instead of a title create a monogram and use that as the focal point of your layout.

1 pt. + 1pt. NR (template from Cindy) 26. Use this article from clickinmoms to inspire your food photography. Scrap a page about FOOD!

2 pts. 30. Aww the good old days. I remember when telephones looked like this. Journal about something from your past that is different from today. Include journaling describing that time in your life, or a certain thing you remember well. Document history! 2 pts.

2 pts. + 1pt. hybrid 40. Washi tape is all the rage right now. Use this tutorial by Peppermint Granberg to feature realistic digital washi tape on your page.

total: 30pts.

Last edited by sigmakap95; 02-28-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 02-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total: 31 pts
NR: 5 pts (already mentioned in the total above)

Challenge #3: Be inspired by these fancy tabs at Little Birdie Secrets, and use some dressed-up tabs on your next layout! - 1 pt

Challenge #5: Use the simple and clean design of the Neighborhood Studio's website to inspire the composition of your next page. - 1 pt

Challenge #7: Use this photo of a table setting as a sketch for an original layout. - 1 pt

Challenge #8: Big titles are FUN! Take inspiration from this cool print by Jenny Bowers to create a LO with your own big, stamped title! - 1 pt

(Uploading this on the March 01, and hope it's not too late and will invalidate my entire portfolio!)

Challenge #9: Let's do a Paper-to-Digi scraplift using Larissa Albernaz's amazing gallery as inspiration. - 1 pt
Lifted Beautiful Dreamer

Challenge #10 - Be inspired by this amazing video to scrap a page using geometric paper piecing to cover the entire background. - 1 pt

Challenge #11: When I first started scrapbooking back in high school, speech bubble stickers were super popular. Use a speech bubble (or more!) on a layout. - 1 pt

Challenge #12: Laura Deieterich is known for writing a thank you note a day on her blog (www.thxthxthx.com). Read through some of them to be inspired and then write your own thank you note and use it on a layout. - 2 pts

Challenge #18 - Scrap a layout inspired by this statement. - 1 pt
I was inspired by "pattern".

Challenge #19: Draw inspiration from this graphic and scrap a layout describing a relationship in a metaphor. - 1 pt
Pretty as a princess

Challenge #21: Perception vs Reality. Create a layout where the outcome of what you thought would happen was completely different than originally thought. Was it better or worse? - 1 pt

Challenge #23: Use frames to frame anything BUT photos! - 1 pt + 1 pt NR
NR: Carrot Top by Libby Pritchett, released 02/25; uploaded 02/24

Challenge #26: Use this article from clickinmoms to inspire your food photography. Scrap a page about FOOD! - 1 pt + 1 pt NR
NR: Cindy's Template # 114; released 02/18; uploaded 02/17

Challenge #27: Use this image, "Places I Haven't Been" as inspiration to scrap a layout about travel, whether you have been there, or not. - 1 pt + 1 pt NR
NR: Cindy's Template #116, released 02/25; uploaded 02/24

Challenge #28: An old favorite... Spin A Lift. I have been in awe of Mary's gallery this year. Head over to SugarBabe marnel's gallery and choose a page to lift. Spin it 90 or 180 degrees. Be sure to share which page you lifted. - 1 pt
SAL of lls

Challenge #29: I am in love with the outfits I see all over Pinterest from polyvore.com. Head over to their site to be inspired. Scrap about your current style, or be inspired by patterns and colors! - 1 pt + 1 pt NR
NR: A Little Ziggy Paper Pack by Libby Pritchett, released 02/11, uploaded 02/10

Challenge #30: Aww the good old days. I remember when telephones looked like this. Journal about something from your past that is different from today. Include journaling describing that time in your life, or a certain thing you remember well. Document history! - 2 pts + 1 NR
NR: A Secret Garden by Kristin Cronin-Barrow, released 02/25; uploaded 02/25

Challenge #31: The anatomy of a Cupcake. Use this image to inspire your layout. Scrap about the "ingredients" that make up the person you are. - 1pt

Challenge #35: I'm pretty. We are our own worst critics. We hide our selves when we don't feel good enough and put on a plastic smile for the world. Scrap about your insecurities. 2 pts

Challenge #37: Take inspiration from this layout by Kelly Purkey and scrap a page showing off what makes you cool. - 1pt

Challenge #38: Winter may be here but spring color is in! Use the 2012 Pantone Spring Color Forecast to inspire the color scheme of your layout. - 1pt

Challenge #40: Washi tape is all the rage right now. Use this tutorial by Peppermint Granberg to feature realistic digital washi tape on your page. - 2pts
Followed the instructions on Peppermint's website, but you can hardly see the result.
Used a tape from Jenn Barrette's Happy Tapes.

Last edited by suladesign; 03-01-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:51 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Im giving it a go this month-so heres my spot

Total points- 4 point

3 - Be inspired by these fancy tabs at Little Birdie Secrets, and use some dressed-up tabs on your next layout! - 1 pt

4 - Use one of the 50 best FREE fonts from 2011 as named by smashingapps.com on your next layout! - 1 pt
used Matilde

11- When I first started scrapbooking back in high school, speech bubble stickers were super popular. Use a speech bubble (or more!) on a layout. 1 point.

24 - Use heart elements or create ones with paper and make your layout background filled with hearts. - 1 pt

Last edited by winipeg1; 02-06-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me. Me. Me.

New Releases- 5 points
Total Points- 30 point

2 - Wedding photographers are brilliant at capturing memories by showing off the little details of an event which made it special... unique. Take inspiration from Anne Ruthmann Photography to shoot your own set of detail photos for an everyday or special event, and scrap those photos in a layout. - 1 pt + 1 NR (A Happy Little Font released 02/11, uploaded 2/12)

3 - Be inspired by these fancy tabs at Little Birdie Secrets, and use some dressed-up tabs on your next layout! - 1 pt

5: Use the simple and clean design of the Neighborhood Studio's website to inspire the composition of your next page. - 1 pt

6 - Take inspiration from this art piece from Creative Works by Connie to create an "ABC's of You" Layout. (You can make it about yourself, someone else, etc. ... be creative!) - 2 pts

10- Use a geometric background.

11 - When I first started scrapbooking back in high school, speech bubble stickers were super popular. Use a speech bubble (or more!) on a layout. - 1 pt

13 - I actually gasped when I saw these pictures. Not only are the photos beautiful, but the colors are fresh and inspiring and I want to soak them in deep. Use these photos as an inspiration for a color palette on a layout. We're looking for most white with small pops of bright and happy color. - 1 pt

19 - Draw inspiration from this graphic and scrap a layout describing a relationship in a metaphor. - 1 pt.

20 - Peek-a-boo! Play with folded or torn paper pieces or cutouts on a layout. - 2 pts

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...89-3-marla.jpg

23 - Use frames to frame anything BUT photos! - 1 pt

24 - Use heart elements or create ones with paper and make your layout background filled with hearts. - 1 pt

25 - Instead of a title create a monogram and use that as the focal point of your layout. - 1 pt + 1 NR (A Happy Little Font- released 2/11, uploaded 2/15)

26. Use this article from clickinmoms to inspire your food photography. Scrap a page about FOOD! 1 pt. + 1 NR (A Happy Little Font- released 2/11, uploaded 2/12)

27. Use this image, "Places I Haven't Been" as inspiration to scrap a layout about travel, whether you have been there, or not. 1 pt. + 1 NR (A Happy Little Font- released 2/11, uploaded 2/12)

29. I am in love with the outfits I see all over Pinterest from polyvore.com. Head over to their site to be inspired. Scrap about your current style, or be inspired by patterns and colors! 1 pt.

30. Aww the good old days. I remember when telephones looked like this. Journal about something from your past that is different from today. Include journaling describing that time in your life, or a certain thing you remember well. Document history! 2 pts.

33. One thousand Means of Escape. What's something you would like to run away from in life? Why do you want to get away? Scrap about how you dream of escaping some reality you are dealing with. 2pts.

36. Comic Sans is one of the fonts designers love to hate. Learn to love a font you would normally avoid by featuring it on your page. 1pt

38. Winter may be here but spring color is in! Use the 2012 Pantone Spring Color Forecast to inspire the color scheme of your layout. 1pt + 1 NR (A Happy Little Font- released 2/11, uploaded 2/16)

Spin-a-lift off of blog (1 pt)

Last edited by marlathrall; 02-26-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

my spot!!

Total - 10

13 - I actually gasped when I saw these pictures. Not only are the photos beautiful, but the colors are fresh and inspiring and I want to soak them in deep. Use these photos as an inspiration for a color palette on a layout. We're looking for most white with small pops of bright and happy color. - 1 pt

25 - Instead of a title create a monogram and use that as the focal point of your layout. - 1 pt

38. Winter may be here but spring color is in! Use the 2012 Pantone Spring Color Forecast to inspire the color scheme of your layout. 1pt

16 - Photography challenge! Be inspired by this photo and use your hands, arms, or other body parts to form symbols like the peace sign, a heart, or even a letter. Scrap the photo/s in a layout. - 1 pt.

28. An old favorite... Spin A Lift. I have been in awe of Mary's gallery this year. Head over to SugarBabe marnel's gallery and choose a page to lift. Spin it 90 or 180 degrees. Be sure to share which page you lifted. 1 pt.
lifting Playful by Mary Martinez
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...layful&cat=500

11 - When I first started scrapbooking back in high school, speech bubble stickers were super popular. Use a speech bubble (or more!) on a layout. - 1 pt

22 - Wouldn't life be perfect if? Create a layout describing one way in which life could be perfect - you could even ask your kids and create a layout with their responses. This would be a great memory to look back on down the road. - 2 pts

Last edited by tonyasmith; 02-26-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total: 5 points+4 NR point= 9 points

4- Use one of the 50 best FREE fonts from that site. I used Lavandaria in part of my titlework.

10- Use a geometric background. Plus NR point- Libby Pritchett's Paperclips Backgrounds 2, Released 1/29, layout posted 2/2

13- Use mostly white with pops of color. Plus NR point- SSD's Collaborative "New Found Happiness" Released 2/4, layout posted 2/4

15- Inspired by CurlyGirl Designs. Plus NR Point- Used La's Not Always Rainbows and Lollipops (Released 2/4, posted 2/4), Cindy and Traci's Slip In Builders 2 (released 2/4, posted 2/4), and Eva's Being Me (Released 2/4, posted 2/4)
(I was inspired by the quote on a card entitled "Sister" as well as the bright colors she uses, and lots of patterned pieces)

23-Use a frame for anything but a picture. Plus NR point- used KCB's Everyday Tray Frames (Released 2/24, posted 2/24) and Libby's Carrot Top (released 2/24, posted 2/24).

New Siggy Coming Soon

Last edited by Jengerbread88; 02-25-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Maybe this month!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

#2 - 1pt

#5 - 1pt

#13 - 1pt

#19 - 1pt + Hybrid Point = 2pts

#36 - 1pt + Hybrid Point = 2pts

#38 - 1pt + New Release Point = 2pts

Last edited by Amber1279; 03-01-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total: 2 points
2 NR points = 4

4 - Use one of the 50 best FREE fonts from 2011 as named by smashingapps.com on your next layout! - 1 pt + 1 NR point using At Last kiit by KCB released 1/28/12,uploaded 2/2/12

#10 - Be inspired by this amazing video to scrap a page using geometric paper piecing to cover the entire background. 1 pt + 1 NR point using Paper Clips: Background Templates 2 by Libby Pritchett, released 1/28, uploaded 2/2/12

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley

Last edited by Amy Carey; 02-02-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

my spot!

4 - Use one of the 50 best FREE fonts from 2011 as named by smashingapps.com on your next layout! (I used 5 minutes) - 1 pt

13 - Use these photos as an inspiration for a color palette on a layout. We're looking for most white with small pops of bright and happy color. - 1 pt

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************************************

2 Challenge Points
New Release Points
Hybrid Points
Bonus Points

Total Points: 2

Last edited by LoriJ; 02-06-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Going to try this one again!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My spot

Old 02-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Trying again - I did hit 13 points last month!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

my spot

blog recipe challenge bonus - 1 Point

TOTAL: 1 Point

Last edited by mkcdaisy; 02-06-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

My spot...can't wait to get started!!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My spot!

Total = 17 pts + 5 NR = 22 pts

Challenge #4 - 50 Best Fonts of 2011 (Font: Five Minutes) = 1 pt

Challenge #6 - ABC's of You + NR (Jenn Barrette - Happy and Healthy for Life 2/4) = 3 pts

Challenge #8 - Big Stamped Title = 1 pt

Challenge # 10 - Geometric Background = 1 pt

Challenge # 13 - Mostly white with pops of happy colors = 1 pt

Challenge # 16 - Curly Girl Inspiration + NR (Cindy Schneider - 2012 SDBday Template 2/4) = 2 pts

Challenge # 20 - Folded or Torn Paper Pieces + NR (Shawna Clingerman - I Like The Way You Rock 2/4) = 3 pts

Challenge # 29 - Polyvore Inspiration = 1 pt

Challenge # 33 - Escape = 2 pts

Challenge # 35 - Scrap Your Insecurities + NR (Kristin Cronin Barrows and Penny Springman - Cherished) = 3 pts

Challenge # 40 - Washi Tape Tutorial + NR (Cindy Schneider Single 15 2/11) = 3 pts

Bonus Spin-A-Lift Blog Challenge = 1 pt

Total = 17 pts + 5 NR = 22 pts

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 02-23-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my spot
Old 02-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

my spot....
total: 30
NR:5
Hybrid:
2- 1 pt

3-1 pt

4- 1 pt

7- 1 pt

9- P2D {credits in gallery} 1 pt

#10 1 pt

11- When I first started scrapbooking back in high school, speech bubble stickers were super popular {1 pt + 1 NR pt} NR: Libby Pritchett: Sock It To Me released 02/04, LO posted 02/03

12: 2 pts}

13- I actually gasped when I saw these pictures {1 pt +! NR pt} NR Meg Mullens: Whatever The Weather released 02/04, LO posted 02/03

15- inspired by the quote "remember it is not our eyes but our hearts that can see the things that are most REAL" {1 pt + 1 NR pt} NR: Shawna Clingerman: I LIke The Way You Rock and Roll released 02/04, lo posted 02/03

18-inspired by pattern 1 pt

#20: 2 pts

23- 1 pt

28: SAL {credits in gallery} 1pt

29- 1 pt inspired by this outfit
http://www.polyvore.com/lemon-lime/set?id=43576599

32- 1 pt

33. {2 pts + 1 NR pt} NR, Darcy Baldwin and Jenn Barrette: I Love Me Som Jenn Templates released 02/11, lo posted 02/12

35. {2 pts + 1 NR pt} NR, Darcy Baldwin and Jenn Barrette: I Love Me Som Jenn Templates released 02/11, lo posted 02/10

36 - 1 pt

Last edited by nun69; 03-02-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

my spot
Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 2
New Release Points: 1 of 5

#10 - Be inspired by this amazing video to scrap a page using geometric paper piecing to cover the entire background. 1 pt + 1 NR point using Paper Clips: Background Templates v.2 by Libby Pritchett, released 1/28, uploaded 2/1

Last edited by carriesmom; 02-02-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me!!!

2 - Wedding photographers are brilliant at capturing memories by showing off the little details of an event which made it special... unique. Take inspiration from Anne Ruthmann Photography to shoot your own set of detail photos for an everyday or special event, and scrap those photos in a layout. - (1 point)

3 - Be inspired by these fancy tabs at Little Birdie Secrets, and use some dressed-up tabs on your next layout! - (1 point)

4 - Use one of the 50 best FREE fonts from 2011 as named by smashingapps.com on your next layout! I used Sketch Block (1 point)

5 - Use the simple and clean design of the Neighborhood Studio's website to inspire the composition of your next page. (1 point + 1 hybrid point)

8 - Big titles are FUN! Take inspiration from this cool print by Jenny Bowers to create a LO with your own big, stamped title! - (1 point) + 1 NR point-Little Charmer 2/15)

10. Be inspired by this amazing video to scrap a page using geometric paper piecing to cover the entire background. (1 point + 1 hybrid point)

11- When I first started scrapbooking back in high school, speech bubble stickers were super popular. Use a speech bubble (or more!) on a layout. (1 point + 1 hybrid point)

13- I actually gasped when I saw these pictures. Not only are the photos beautiful, but the colors are fresh and inspiring and I want to soak them in deep. Use these photos as an inspiration for a color palette on a layout. We're looking for most white with small pops of bright and happy color.
(1 point + 1 NR point(Love Machine 2/3))

20 - Peek-a-boo! Play with folded or torn paper pieces or cutouts on a layout. - ( 2 points + 1 NR point - Little Charmer 2/15)

23 - Use frames to frame anything BUT photos! - (1 point)

24 - Use heart elements or create ones with paper and make your layout background filled with hearts. (1 point + 1 hybrid point)

29. I am in love with the outfits I see all over Pinterest from polyvore.com. Head over to their site to be inspired. Scrap about your current style, or be inspired by patterns and colors! (1 point)

Inspiration:

36. Comic Sans is one of the fonts designers love to hate. Learn to love a font you would normally avoid by featuring it on your page. (1 point)

38. Winter may be here but spring color is in! Use the 2012 Pantone Spring Color Forecast to inspire the color scheme of your layout. (1 point)

40 - Washi Tape - (2 points)

Total Points: 24

Last edited by kristijoy; 02-22-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

4. Free fonts post - 1 point + 1 point New Release
Love Machine by Meghan Mullens released on 1/28/2012

Using: Stencil 8 bit

5. Neighborhood Studio - 1 point + 1 point New Release

9. Paper to Digi - 1 point + 1 point New Release

Inspiration:
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gall...-i-heart-this/

11. Speech Bubble - 1 + Hybrid card

13. White with Pops of Color - 1 + Hybrid card

19. YOU ARE MY - 1 + Hybrid card

Points = 12

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 02-14-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 31

Regular Points: 27
NR Points: 4

#1 - Time Capsule...10 pts

#2 - Details Photos...1 pt

#3 - Use tabs on your layout...1 pt

#6 - ABCs...2 pts + NR pt for "Simply" released 2/16

#11 - Speech Bubbles...1 pt

#12 - Thank you...2 pts + 1 NR for Traci Reed's "Incomparable" released 2/25

#20 - Torn paper...2 pts + NR pt for Jenn Barrette's "Blues Skies Ahead" released 2/18

#22 - Wouldn't life be perfect if...2 pts

#34 - Alt of Cntrl Inspiration...1 pt

#35 - Insecurities...2 pts

#39- A place you can't live without...1 pt

#40 - Washi Tape...2 pts + 1 NR for Penny's "Life's an Adventure" released 2/25

Last edited by Lindsay; 02-27-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot!!

For Challenge #11: Speech Bubbles
Funny Faces 2012 1 point

Last edited by sprauncey1; 02-05-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm staking a claim here:

Last edited by MandaT; 02-10-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I only did one LO last month for challenges....here's hoping I do better this month!