PDA

View Full Version : Ugh....wedding blues

SamaraGugler
06-30-2008, 12:13 PM
My brother in law is getting married in September. My son is one of 2 ring bearers and my daughter is one of 4 flower girls. About a month ago BIL calls and says that we have to take DD to get fitted that weekend. I said, "WHAT??" He says yeah, the dresses have to be ordered and we need her fitted NOW. Well that would be fine and dandy IF we lived near the damn store. But no, the store is about 70 miles away and it was baseball season and we were uber busy.

I ask, doesn't she need an appt? Nope, I'm told. So I call the store to get the exact address and tell them that she needs to be fitted. Oh, well you'll need an appt. they say. I said, great we are on our way. After fighting with them they finally agreed to an appt. within our time frame.

The fitting was a disaster. I called the bride to let her know and she acted like it was no big deal. Basically my 5 yo daughter that is a big girl fit into a size 14 dress. I tried to ask how much fabric there was in the dress for alterations and no one could tell me. DD felt like crap and kept saying, "Mommy, I don't even fit into teenager dresses." I said, "oh honey, don't worry about it." DD is built a lot like me and has broad shoulders and a big rib cage. I remember going through this when I was a girl looking at prom dresses. So anyway we literally are going to have to get the dress altered to fit her (I'm thinking remade, honestly).

So I hear NOTHING from the bride about the dresses, NOTHING. Today FIL calls to say her dress is here (umm, they live 70 miles away). I said, oh, thanks.

WTF is wrong that the BRIDE can't communicate with me. I'm her ONLY SIL on this side of the family. How hard would it have been for her to call and tell me, would you like me to A) leave the dress at the dress shop. B) LEave it at my in-laws or C) Shove it up your butt???

Sorry, I'm just so irritated by the lack of communication. I know that it's only going to get worse as hubby is also the best man.

newfiemountiewife
06-30-2008, 12:19 PM
I am so sorry. What a PITA! I hate weddings sometimes for this reason!

my3hens
06-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Oh sweety I am so sorry one that your little girl was so bummed and had to go through all that and two that there is absolutely no communication. I am sure being so far in itself is such a challenge but to have to uproot and rush like that is not fair at all. I hope that things get easier sweetheart, hugs!

SamaraGugler
06-30-2008, 01:07 PM
DH just called so he got an ear full. He says I'm being too sensitive. Whatever....men!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joan
06-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Ugh, colour me not a big wedding fan at the best of times, but I seriously hate dealing with weddings like this. Totally feel your pain on this one and, no, you're not being too sensitive.

scrappychic
06-30-2008, 01:33 PM
You're not being too sensitive at all. You went out of your way, you'd think she would at least contact you after all the trouble you went through! She could at least talk with your DD, let her know what an important part she plays in the wedding - something!

Brooke W
06-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Is the bride on the show "Bridezillas" by any chance?

rochelle789
06-30-2008, 03:08 PM
I don't think you're being too sensitive either. I also don't think it's asking too much that she communicate with you. I mean, 2 of your children are in her wedding. And I just have to ask - are 4 flower girls really necessary?

And your poor little girl. I feel bad for her. Wedding attire is so ridiculous. When I got married, I wore a size 10, but my wedding dress was a size 16. How does that happen? I felt bad about it, so I can imagine a 5 year old would have a hard time with it. Hugs!!

lizzyfizzy
06-30-2008, 03:30 PM
oh! come on!

SamaraGugler
06-30-2008, 04:10 PM
I love you guys!!!

I can't say that she's bridezilla, cause honestly I don't know. We see each other a few times a year and she doesn't talk to us even when we see her.

Yeah, 4 flower girls. I think it's too much, but it's not my wedding!!! Not only are my two children in the wedding, but my husband is the best man! You would think we'd have a little communication.

wildblueeyez
06-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Oooo that's terrible Samara!!! hope it all works out for you guys!!!