PDA

View Full Version : Forum & Gallery Guidelines - Please Read

Pages : [1] 2

Robin Carlton
02-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Welcome to Sweet Shoppe Designs! Here at the Sweet Shoppe we want to create a warm, friendly and open environment! Before you jump in, take some time to read our forum guidelines. They're short and sweet and should be easy enough for everyone to follow!

While at Sweet Shoppe Designs we welcome you to discuss all things related to Digital Scrapbooking! Whether it is the latest trends, publication calls, TOOTS, favorite designers, sales, etc - like you, we too are interested in what’s going on in the digital community! If there is something that you think is absolutely fabulous, chances are a lot of other people will think so too, so please dont feel like you can’t share here because we welcome it! The only thing we ask is that you do your sharing in a respectful manner. Please do not post enabling threads or threads seeking products being sold at another site. Incidental conversation about a great sale is one thing, coming and posting a graphic advertising your site's sale or threads looking to drive business to another store, is quite another. A simple designer name and where you can find their work will suffice, please do not post links to other sites.

Are you a proud member of a particular designer’s creative team? Go ahead and show that team blinkie off with pride! We're scrappers too and we know how much fun being on someone's creative team is and that most of us think of our creative teams as an accomplishment we want to be able to talk about!

Please refrain from using profane and vulgar language and treat your fellow scrappers with respect. We want to create a warm and friendly environment and expect each and every one of our members to contribute towards making it so.

Regarding our new gallery, we are very excited to now have an uploadable member gallery and can't wait for you to share your pages with us. We'd really like for our gallery to be a place for the Sweet Shoppe community to come together and get involved in our challenges, share their pages with us and most importantly, we want our gallery to be a constant source of inspiration on how to use Sweet Shoppe Products.

Keeping that ideal in mind, we'd like to ask that you only post layouts on which you've used some Sweet Shoppe products. At this time, we do not have any specifics on the amount of SSD stuff we require on a page but we do hope you won't take advantage of our loose guidelines to post your layouts where a button is the only Sweet Shoppe product on the page. We sincerely hope that you can understand and respect our wishes for our gallery to be a product showcase of our designer's amazing work! If you are looking for a place to archive all of your pages or market for a creative team, we give our highest recommendation to the wonderful open galleries at Digi Shop Talk (http://www.digishoptalk.com/) or My Scrapbook Art (http://www.myscrapbookart.com/gallery/index.php).

Please Note: Due to spam issues, new members to our community have limited posting rights. We kindly ask that you settle in with our community, come say hello HERE (just make a new thread to introduce yourself) (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2) and join in the fun. In no time, your access will be automatically increased so you can participate in all of our activities here at SSD.

We hope that you enjoy your time at Sweet Shoppe Designs...while you are here have a cupcake...or a taco!

Thanks so much!
Robin

Rona
02-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Well said! :)

Is there a limit on the size and number of blinkies we can put on our siggys? Just wanted to make sure :)

Robin Carlton
02-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Nah...use your best judgement and dont be obnoxious with 20 lines of blinkies and I think we'll be ok :D Have fun!!

Robin

nbelen
02-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi Robin, just wanted to make sure before I post something, so for the challenges like the cookie decorating thing, can we post layouts with papers and designs of other designers? Sorry I'm a newbie in the digiscrap world and im sort of finding my way through :) Thanks!

Christy Lyle
02-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Hi Robin, just wanted to make sure before I post something, so for the challenges like the cookie decorating thing, can we post layouts with papers and designs of other designers? Sorry I'm a newbie in the digiscrap world and im sort of finding my way through :) Thanks!

Yes! You're absolutely right! I'm looking forward to seeing your layouts :)

lilysmama
02-26-2007, 07:10 PM
ok here's another question...as far as posting layouts with only ssd stuff - as long as there is some ssd stuff on the layout is it okay if there is stuff from other sites/designers, too? just wanting to clarify so i don't break any rules! :)

Hom74
02-26-2007, 08:28 PM
ok here's another question...as far as posting layouts with only ssd stuff - as long as there is some ssd stuff on the layout is it okay if there is stuff from other sites/designers, too? just wanting to clarify so i don't break any rules! :)

Yep :)

rocalisa
03-19-2007, 03:41 AM
Quick question - can anyone post in a designers gallery if a layout uses mainly their product, or is it only for their CT members?

Hom74
05-31-2007, 03:03 AM
just a bump ;)

newfiemountiewife
07-29-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm glad I peeked in here again to double check, I have some LOs I have done for other CTs, and stuff, but I think every one I do has about 25% Sweet Shoppe content LOL!

carola
08-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Some of my layouts do not have SS content, but some do. Can I post all of them?

lauren grier
08-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Some of my layouts do not have SS content, but some do. Can I post all of them?

Hi! If you made your layouts for one of our challenges it is OK to upload if it does not contain any ssd products (be sure to upload to the correct gallery though! :) ) Otherwise, all other layouts must contain SSD products :) Thanks for asking!

Libby Pritchett
09-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Just bumping this up as a reminder since we've got so many new folks posting! :)

lizzyfizzy
03-21-2008, 11:39 PM
i'm new and i totally read this 9 months later.

*i, lizzy, do by swear to uphold the sweet shoppe code of honour in the forums and gallery.

amen.

armywife21b2004
06-05-2008, 01:04 AM
What size are the LO's usually??

jorgies5
06-05-2008, 01:14 AM
What size are the LO's usually??

I usually post mine at 500 x 500.

armywife21b2004
06-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Thanks so much hun! I appreciate the quick reply :)

meganmecrazy
06-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Quick question - can anyone post in a designers gallery if a layout uses mainly their product, or is it only for their CT members?

I was wondering the same thing!?

Robin Carlton
06-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Megan,

You guys are welcome to post in the designer's gallery if your layout primarily showcases one of their kits! I would recommend that you guys do choose one gallery to upload to and not copy to 5 tho, it's just not neccessary to have so many copies in the gallery most of the time :)

HTH!
Robin

crystalbella77
07-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Quick question! :)

Can I link to my DST gallery in my siggy? It's my full one, but I totally understand if I can't!!! :thumbup:

Paula
07-06-2008, 02:01 AM
I do mine the Meg way! LOL

alabau
08-17-2008, 02:30 PM
What's the best way to upload layouts? Meaning, all of mine are TOO big (file size) but by the time I shrink the dimensions down enough that it's under 150k, you can hardly see them... (Sorry, I'm new here.) Thanks! :)

Darcy Baldwin
08-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Depending on your photo editing program, size your layout to 600x600 or 500x500 and use the "save for web" feature under File>Save For Web (primarily Photoshop programs, but I believe PSP programs have something similar). You can then slide the size bar along til you get it to just under 150kb. The other thing to make sure of is that you have flattened your layout first. If you're using a layered layout, they are huge.

alabau
08-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Depending on your photo editing program, size your layout to 600x600 or 500x500 and use the "save for web" feature under File>Save For Web (primarily Photoshop programs, but I believe PSP programs have something similar). You can then slide the size bar along til you get it to just under 150kb. The other thing to make sure of is that you have flattened your layout first. If you're using a layered layout, they are huge.

Thank you SO much, Darcy! I'm learning so much these days... it's really fun! :)

fourluvbugs
09-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm a newbie and just posted my first lo ever -- I've been browsing the work of others here for awhile, but never made one of my own. Now I know I was to read the rules ahead of time, but I was so excited that I made something I was proud of that I didn't realize I was supposed to use things I'd purchased here until afterwards. I realize now that I screwed up. Should I take it down?

jorgies5
09-05-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm a newbie and just posted my first lo ever -- I've been browsing the work of others here for awhile, but never made one of my own. Now I know I was to read the rules ahead of time, but I was so excited that I made something I was proud of that I didn't realize I was supposed to use things I'd purchased here until afterwards. I realize now that I screwed up. Should I take it down?

It is a beautiful layout, but yes, if it doesn't use Sweet Shoppe products OR it is not for one of our challenges, you will need to delete it. (At least it will make us feel better if you delete it.) I know we all feel bad when we have to delete layouts that don't comply to the guidelines.

fourluvbugs
09-05-2008, 04:48 PM
It is a beautiful layout, but yes, if it doesn't use Sweet Shoppe products OR it is not for one of our challenges, you will need to delete it. (At least it will make us feel better if you delete it.) I know we all feel bad when we have to delete layouts that don't comply to the guidelines.

OK -- done. Thanks for your quick reply.

HeatherStokes
09-13-2008, 03:39 PM
I am so gald I read this before getting too excited and posting ALL of my layouts...lol

ShortCake
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Oh boy, good thing I looked here. I don't have much of SSD stuff. :w00t:

livelys
01-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I am feeling so thick as I'm still having problems uploading my first LO. I've flatterened it and saved it as a.gif file, 500x500 pix, so that it is under 150kb, as suggested in a previous post by Darcey, but I still can't get it into my gallery.

What have I forgotten to do? :confused:...I know its probably something really obvious but I haven't a clue.

This is my first EVER (really!) page, and I'd love to add it for the Jan 1st scraplift challenge - so, help!

Sara x

ColleenSwerb
01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
I don't think the gallery recognizes gif. Try saving it as a jpg under 150kb.

lizzyfizzy
01-30-2009, 12:39 AM

lovemy4kids
02-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Thought I should check here before posting in the gallery...

I just made a tote box using Heather's DIY Tote Box template (https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/sweetshoppe/product.php?productid=17814&cat=0&page=1), but I didn't use a SSD kit to decorate it. I'm guessing that I am not supposed to put it in my gallery here, but I thought I’d get that confirmed. (And if I can't, what a great excuse to make another one using a SSD kit. ;) )

Thanks! :)

ditzyscrap
02-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes you can post it because you DID use a SSD product to create it. :) Same thing goes for my templates - even if you're layout uses other products, the basis is a SSD product. HTH!

kayde
02-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Seems easy enough to follow those few guidelines. Just wanted to stop in and say I LOVE y'alls stuff!!!!

Siryn
03-01-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm prolly just a moron, but I can't get any of my layouts uploaded. I've resized 'em to heck, but I still get file size errors. Is there a general guideline for sizes that I've overlooked?

AmyM
03-01-2009, 05:48 PM
they have to be under 150kb :) You might try saving an extra copy at 72dpi and then using some sort of resize for web option, depends on the program you use to scrap.

Siryn
03-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Ok, I'll try that - thank you!

Gloria
04-09-2009, 12:48 PM
I stumbled across this site and WOW, your Cookie Decorating challenge wow'd me in a BIG way....I am a designer for Moo Two Designs so rarely buy kits, but do sometimes....and after being so inspired by your layouts in just that one challenge, I'm going to have to open up my checkbook and get some of that wonderful talent in my hard drive!

I LOVE your kits, your templates, your layouts, and will be posting here for sure...but for the record, I'm taking a little digi hiatus to get my life in order, plan the second wedding this year (dd married in February 2009 and ds to be married in September 2009) and work on some paper stuff.....but I will absolutely be here when I can.

Will you be posting designer tutorials? I love your style here and am interested in learning that...there is always soooooooooo much to learn!

Thanks for having me!

yossarian
05-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Just wondering if it's okay to post my LO with Zoe's gold member kit for DST? It's the only kit I used but as it's not for sale here I didn't want to post it without checking. TIA ((hugs)) xxx

BrattyMeg
05-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Just wondering if it's okay to post my LO with Zoe's gold member kit for DST? It's the only kit I used but as it's not for sale here I didn't want to post it without checking. TIA ((hugs)) xxx

Pretty sure that's fine :)

yossarian
05-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Thank you so much Meghan my gallery needs something new :) xxx

Sasha
08-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Read & Agreed...cant wait to get started! :)

Debbs
08-29-2009, 02:23 PM
sounds great!! I can't wait to look around a little :-) Thanks for having me!!

nylicia
10-24-2009, 06:29 PM
I have been reading all the post questions and answers and just want to
do some clarification. Now if I post to the gallery I am to use some of ssd products, with the exceptions of challenges in which I can use other kits.
Now do I have this correct.

Aunti M
10-31-2009, 04:09 PM
I have been trying to change my avatar.
I get this error message: Upload of file failed.
I tried two different ones.
Both were within the size guidelines.
Any suggestions?? Tips? Tricks to try???

Aunti M
10-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Hmmm... Now I see it worked...
even though it said it didn't?!?
It's Halloween.. Not April fools!?!?!! LOL!
Sorry.. Guess the 3rd time was a charm!!

Balinda
11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Read and Understoood...but that doesn't mean I won't eventually
screw it all up...so I will pass out the cookies to apologize for it now.:p

Nonnie917
01-04-2010, 12:36 PM
I had to reead this because I have been away for over a year. Health issues prevented me from being on the computer. I don't know if I will get back to do layouts yet, but at least I can read the posts and maybe do some lifts.

Victoria Feemster
01-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Could someone help me remember how to add my blinkies to my signature? Everything I tried is either not allowed or it just puts the text there. So I'm completely confused and feel DUMB! LOL Help please!

lauren grier
01-18-2010, 01:01 PM
hey chickie :] we had to put in some new req's because of all the bad spammy people lately. So you'll have to post around a lil bit before everything is allowed :]

Victoria Feemster
01-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Okay that make sense! HaHa I figured it was something like that. Thanks for answering

Victoria Feemster
01-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Can we not post in the gallery right away either? I was going to comment on some layouts but I don't see how?

Robin Carlton
01-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Hey Victoria,

I manually moved you to the member group with no restrictions. Just be on your best behavior and don't send PM spam k? :P

R

Victoria Feemster
01-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks! I promise to be on my best behavior and mind my p's and q's :)

pewtertm
01-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Didn't see this in the TOU or terms & conditions...

May we use an SSD kit to make a blinkie for ourselves? Sharon & I are getting ready to race in ADSR and I was hoping to use La's And I Love You to attempt to make a blinkie for our little team...but don't want to if that's a no-no :)

BrattyMeg
01-20-2010, 08:46 PM
I think they prefer to answer on a case by case basis..I'd PM La and just ask her :)

pewtertm
01-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I think they prefer to answer on a case by case basis..I'd PM La and just ask her :)

Thanks Meg, will do!

stampin_rachel
01-24-2010, 11:48 AM
I just posted my first LO and I wanted to comment on some of the others in the gallery - however I don't see that option?

Darcy Baldwin
01-24-2010, 11:50 AM
You'll need to rack up a few more posts before you'll be able to, Rachel - need to have at least 10 in the forums. Welcome to SSD!

lillannie
01-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Ah, I was wondering why I couldn't comment on others' pages. This post helped! Thanks.

shupe
01-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks, I was wondering why I couldn't comment! I guess I'll have to get busy posting in the forum :)

shupe
02-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Does it have to be past 10? I have 10 and I still don't see the comment option. I'll check after this post.

shupe
02-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Hmmm, maybe there is some other requirement I haven't met. I still can't comment (or I'm just goofy and don't see it!)

shupe
02-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Yea!!!! I can comment now! I'll have to come back later tonight whe I have some time! :)

tabby
03-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Guess I should have read through the comments in this thread. Would have answered lots of questions for me, lol.

Oh well, better late than never :P

TeriBeary
03-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Is there a limit to how many a person can post in one day? I primarily use SSD products but don't upload too often so was going to do that but don't want to flood the gallery!

lynning
03-24-2010, 08:05 AM
I was hoping I would find the answer to why I could not post in the gallery! I want to return some layout love that I've received. I must say, I think my layouts here have gotten more comments than any other gallery I've uploaded to in a while!

Off to post an introduction of sorts to increase my post count! :) Hope I don't seem like a spammer - I really like it here!

BrattyMeg
03-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Off to post an introduction of sorts to increase my post count! :)

Welcome :)

There is a post restriction until 10 posts I believe...we had some spam problems in the past but that will solve the problem!

Darcy Baldwin
03-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Welcome to SSD! You need to have 10 comments under your belt before being able to leave comments in the gallery or PM or link here at SSD. We love having everyone join in our discussions...there's a lot to talk about!

Mom_of_5
03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Read & understood...now off to buy more SSD products!

Kristin
04-10-2010, 05:15 PM
I was wondering about the comment thing too. I'll better find some threads to post in so I can comment in the gallery :thumbup:

sassynsweet
04-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Any idea how many posts you need to have before PMing? I need to be able to receive PMs so I can get the link for the Skinny Jeans Challenge :p

Thanks ladies!

**edited to add that looks like the magic number was 25 ;)**

Trixie Scraps
04-18-2010, 01:35 AM
I have 11 posts (this is now 12) and I can't leave comments in the gallery, update my siggy with a photo, or post more than three layouts... so... I don't think the magic number is 10. Have more layouts to upload for my portfolio, but I guess I'll have to do it the next day I have time... hopefully that's before the end of the month :/

mamanoel
05-03-2010, 12:05 AM
read and agreed

gms5997
05-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm kind of a newbie here ~ I was wondering if it's possible to edit a post in the gallery? or do I need to have 10 forum posts to do anything like that? Thanks!

Georgi

Darcy Baldwin
05-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Welcome to SSD, Georgi - we're glad to have you here!

Yes, ma'am...we'd love to get to know you, and love it when you participate in the forum. Usually after about 10 postings, those features will be available to you!

BrattyMeg
05-08-2010, 08:53 PM
eh I think she's trying to edit her portfolio...hmmmm might have Robin fix her permissions

hey Georgi your post says edited at 737 so were you able to edit it?

gms5997
05-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Thank, Darcy, for getting back to me so fast!! I think I'm gonna love it here! :hugs:

Darcy Baldwin
05-08-2010, 08:54 PM
eh I think she's trying to edit her portfolio...hmmmm might have Robin fix her permissions

oh...i misunderstood..sorry.

gms5997
05-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Actually, I was trying to edit the description for my layout in the gallery ... sorry for the confusion. Is that different?

BrattyMeg
05-08-2010, 09:10 PM
yeah just keep posting haha...you'll be able to edit in the gallery when you get to 10 posts

you didn't misunderstand Darcy :) I had just seen she had tried to edit her post in the portfolio thread but now I see she can't edit in the gallery.

Happy Now
05-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks for all the tips... I am trying to upload some projects for a May Portfolio before the deadline, and I think I am being limited since I am so new to the site... Off to try to change that! :)

veronica8383
06-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Read and Agreed:thumbup:

HeatherB
06-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Read & understood. Do I need to post 10 times before leaving a comment on a person's layout? I don't seem to be able to do that!

taxed4ever
07-20-2010, 02:25 AM
I am new here too, I have read the rules and now realize that I have posted something that I should not have.... as soon as I have ten posts I will remove it.

laguna
07-25-2010, 03:20 PM
I have only 2 posts with my LO and I cant leaving a comment on the beautiful works in gallery. Its really pity:(

Darcy Baldwin
07-25-2010, 03:23 PM
After 10 posts, you're able to comment in the gallery, IM, etc. You should be able to>!

laguna
07-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Thank you for quick answer!!! I go...:)

Timberlyn
07-28-2010, 05:02 AM
I am more of a siggy maker then a full LO like what most to all of lovely ladies on here do; is that okay to post my works of what I do as a siggy maker I feel just as inivative & love being inspired by anything I see...

ajfries
07-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Understood ;)

monsu
08-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the general info!
Working up to my first ten posts, lol!

Tronesia
08-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the info...looking for my 10 posts...lol!

Trista
09-02-2010, 08:40 PM
I am working up to ten posts still too. I didn't realise that was a requirement before and had kind of given up since I couldn't leave love in the gallery.

g6scrapped
09-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi! I hope it's okay that I already put a layout in the gallery even though I haven't reached my newbie comment limit.. I made sure to use SSD kits. I'm very excited to get snooping around (and a bit intimidated WOW :blink: amazing gallery!) :thumbup:

BrattyMeg
09-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi! I hope it's okay that I already put a layout in the gallery even though I haven't reached my newbie comment limit.. I made sure to use SSD kits. I'm very excited to get snooping around (and a bit intimidated WOW :blink: amazing gallery!) :thumbup:

that's absolutely fine! :)

RKSP
09-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Understood--thanks! Now working to get up to 10 posts....

kayce
09-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Hi, I have 14 posts now and am wondering when I can upload in the gallery?

Darcy Baldwin
09-26-2010, 04:44 PM
You should be able to now :) If not, sign out, close your browser, and sign back in.

kayce
09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh, thank you Darcy. It seems like I am uploading and it says "processing" for about 10 seconds then nothing else. Hmmm. I followed your instructions too. I will try again in a few minutes.

Darcy Baldwin
09-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Sometimes that actually means your uploaded piece is too big. Double check to make sure it's under the 200kb/600x600 size before loading.

kayce
09-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Oh thank you!! It worked perfectly.

MissMinx
10-06-2010, 08:59 AM
i have only Darcy baldwin Stuff from this shop, when i upload it into her personal Darcy baldwin Gallery in the Gallery, with other kits, is it okay or not?

Hugs, Missi

Darcy Baldwin
10-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Yes, Missi - as long as you put it in only my designer gallery :)

SassE Designer
10-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Check! :) Completely understand! It's been a while since I've done digi, but it's like riding a bike and I can't wait to get back into on a regular basis!! :thumbup: I've heard so much about SSD I had to come and be a part of the Sweet Scene! :)

EAL
11-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Read and understood.
I'm new here, so glad to be here

EAL
11-06-2010, 01:50 AM
oh I do have a question, do we have to have so many posts before we can PM people, ir not how do we do it, lol, sorry I tried, but it didn't work, and saw a contest from Lliella I wanted to enter.
Thanks

dreamer101
11-06-2010, 04:17 AM
that's cool..i had the same question about the posting before Pm'ing...

dreamer101
11-06-2010, 04:17 AM
oh and yes read rules :)

tsmspt
11-21-2010, 10:04 PM
I am trying to leave some love in the gallery, but I don't see a way--do you have to get approval before you can leave comments??

Sue Setiadji
11-22-2010, 03:46 AM
You can comment in the gallery after you have10 posts chalked up in the forum - it may be the same for PMs as well. Keep posting you are very close to that number now!

tsmspt
11-23-2010, 12:40 AM
ahh, thank you so much!! I couldn't find the info anywhere and you just gave me another excuse to post!!!!

makib1218
12-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Read, understood and accepted! :)
what I have seen so far is very impressive!

Maureen

petrap
12-13-2010, 09:37 AM
ok :thumbup:

thanks

scrapsandsass
12-19-2010, 03:04 AM
What is the trick to get your LO image into a post? I feel like a total dork.

jencdesigns
12-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Quick question - I was planning on enjoying shopping in the big sale on right now - are we allowed to post layouts with products from current designers - even if they're retired/retiring (the products, not the designers)?

Thanks so much :)

BrattyMeg
12-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Quick question - I was planning on enjoying shopping in the big sale on right now - are we allowed to post layouts with products from current designers - even if they're retired/retiring (the products, not the designers)?

Thanks so much :)

you may :)

jencdesigns
12-28-2010, 07:27 PM
you may :)

Thank you so much :)

Jan Merkley
12-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Just a quick question...If we have freebies or older kits that we have purchased that are by your designers, may we use them and consider them to be Sweet Shoppe products when we do our layouts? In other words...if they are not current in your shop or are freebies?

Also...what if you buy something here and then the designer leaves? May we still use the kits we bought while that designer was here? So many times they have a sale and then disappear to somewhere else and we buy those kits thinking we can use them in their current place.

Thanks!

deepounds
01-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm wondering what I should do if I use a kit that is a collab by two different designers. In this case, it's Brotherly Love by Kristin & Meghan. Since we're only supposed to post to one gallery, should I just choose one of them & post there? Or would it be better to just post it to my Member Gallery? :confused:

Thanks a bunch!

lauren grier
01-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Just a quick question...If we have freebies or older kits that we have purchased that are by your designers, may we use them and consider them to be Sweet Shoppe products when we do our layouts? In other words...if they are not current in your shop or are freebies?

Also...what if you buy something here and then the designer leaves? May we still use the kits we bought while that designer was here? So many times they have a sale and then disappear to somewhere else and we buy those kits thinking we can use them in their current place.

Thanks!

as long as the product is made by a designer currently selling here @ ssd it is ok to post it in the gallery. (so yes to 1 no to 2) hth! :]

lauren grier
01-03-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm wondering what I should do if I use a kit that is a collab by two different designers. In this case, it's Brotherly Love by Kristin & Meghan. Since we're only supposed to post to one gallery, should I just choose one of them & post there? Or would it be better to just post it to my Member Gallery? :confused:

Thanks a bunch!

totally up to you ^_^ you can post it just in the member gallery or one or the other designer. Doesn't matter :]

deepounds
01-04-2011, 12:40 AM
totally up to you ^_^ you can post it just in the member gallery or one or the other designer. Doesn't matter :]

Thanks, Lauren! :)

cmlc_thomas
01-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Ok from what I have read so for is that I can only post a layout in gallery if it has something from SSD but I can't post a layout I have made using another designer. Right? Sorry for this but I just want to make sure.

Also for your own personal albums can you post anything you like in those albums? Like anything I have made or any photo I choose to post?

Also I would like to know how I can add a image as a signature?

Sorry I am new to the site!!

Darcy Baldwin
01-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Generally, you may only post images into our gallery that contain mostly product from SSD designers. If there is an element or two from other designers, that is fine, but the majority of the design has to be from our designers. Anything you post automatically goes into your personal gallery. You may post photos or projects, but again, it has to be a majority of Sweet Shoppe Design product.

For example..you can use a template you found elsewhere, but the majority of the kit used needs to be from here.

deepounds
01-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Megan,

You guys are welcome to post in the designer's gallery if your layout primarily showcases one of their kits! I would recommend that you guys do choose one gallery to upload to and not copy to 5 tho, it's just not neccessary to have so many copies in the gallery most of the time :)

HTH!
Robin

Wondering something about this guideline. Just realized today that if I post it in a particular designer's gallery but check Additional Categories (to credit those other designers) the layout posts in all those galleries. Should I not be using that option? Thanks :-)

cardinalskate
05-03-2011, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the guidelines, ladies. Read and understood!

lynnirene
05-14-2011, 01:29 AM
understood, thanks!

Tink-Designs
05-27-2011, 07:29 AM
read and understood xxx

zoebearsmom
06-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi there, I"m new here. Was just wondering where we start posting to be given more posting privvies? A good friend told me to sign up and try out your portfoilio for June..

BrattyMeg
06-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi there, I"m new here. Was just wondering where we start posting to be given more posting privvies? A good friend told me to sign up and try out your portfoilio for June..

welcome! Post around in the general chat forum, introduce yourself, and make you a spot in the portfolio section :) Once you hit 10 posts you should be good to go!

Traci Reed
06-01-2011, 11:47 AM

Hi there! you need 10 posts in the forum to be able to post in the gallery! :)

Lyudmila
06-29-2011, 04:31 AM
Read and understood, thanks! :)

MamaB
07-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Thank you for this thread. :) I saw some lovely pages in the gallery and wanted to leave comments so it's very helpful to know how many posts before I can do that.

Mel
07-24-2011, 04:14 AM
It's fine for me :thumbup:

ScrappySmile
08-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Read and understood! :)

GrahamLikeTheCracker
09-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Is the two layout per day limit in the gallery something that's lifted with more comments?

Jeannineinsd
09-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Read and understood.

crazyt
09-18-2011, 03:33 PM
got it.. whohoo..:w00t:

flergs
10-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Ah ok NOW I know why I can't comment in the gallery! I better post a couple more times :D Cheers.

Ana.Paula
11-05-2011, 03:17 PM
that´s ok!!
and i´ll pick the cupcake :) hahahah

Natascha
11-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Read and agreed....good thing I looked here!!

iScrap
11-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Thank you for this. I wondered why I couldn't comment in the gallery! :D

iScrap
11-08-2011, 12:54 PM
It seems I can't send or receive PMs. When does that feature turn on? TIA!

iScrap
11-08-2011, 02:11 PM
It's there now! Thank you! :thumbup:

DS34
11-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Are there any freebies that I can use to get me started in these challenges & creating L.O.'s? In December I should be able to purchase some kits.

Read-N-Agreed!!

I'm a newbie here, @ least fairly new. I hope to find some challenges to take part in, & also to be able to post something in my signature: I tried, however am not able for some reason to post anything in my signature line. It is just my name in a fancy signature line that I want to apply. I @ this moment do not have a designer to work with on a creative team as yet, however hope to find one somewhere in the possible near future. BTW: How do I post an image in my signature line? Or do I have to have a certain amt., of posts B4 I can do that.

jetjez
12-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Ok, read & understood. I was wondering why I couldn't post comments at the pages I like....

nancy
01-02-2012, 11:27 AM
How do you leave comments in the gallery? There is no box like this one at the bottom of the page so I'm confused.

chocochoco
01-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Read and understood :)

sm3wkl
01-21-2012, 09:34 PM
I just got through reading everything and now I know why I can not post on other people's pages. Thanks for all the information. See you in the forums :)

Damayanti Studio
01-22-2012, 06:59 AM
I read and understood! Thank you and I'm happy to be here! :)

Damayanti Studio
01-22-2012, 07:52 AM
Ok guys. Can you help me...:crying:
I read the rules and opinions in this thread and realized that I could comment on your pages, I must have 10 comments.
I took a short trip around and now I have 12 posts, but still I can not comment on your beautiful pages. :wub:
Can you help me and tell me if I am wrong thing?:o

Damayanti Studio
01-22-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm again :)))
I have box now and I can comment :)))
Thank you!!!!

GodBlessAmerica
02-18-2012, 05:23 AM
Read and understood. Wish I could afford to buy more kits from here.

sharjen
02-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Read and understood! Thanks!

CLAUDIO
02-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Thank you for the information!

michelytarga
02-24-2012, 12:30 PM
ok!

Amber Dixon
02-24-2012, 02:09 PM
:thumbup:

lulutoo
03-02-2012, 10:14 AM
This is probably a dumb question, but did the comments get reset during the site re-design or something? I used to be able to comment on layouts, but there's no comment box now. Do I just need to post 10 times and then it will come back?

Darcy Baldwin
03-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Yes'm - it looks like you have a new account, and you need to have 10 comments in the forums before it gets activated.

lulutoo
03-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Okay, I'm not new (I opened the account when I first learned about digiscrapping in 2009), but my previous posts were erased, I guess. It was mostly just gallery comments and thank you's in the Christmas Cookie thread one year--I haven't done any challenges yet. I did 10 posts this morning and the comment box is still not showing up. Maybe there's a delay before the system refreshes... Thanks for replying!

Harlequin
03-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Read & understood...

jencushing
03-17-2012, 08:52 PM
thanks for the info!

Amber Dixon
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Quick question about the gallery rules, hope some can answer!!

It says you must use some Sweet Shoppe product on your layout, well I purchased one of Darcy's font and used it on a layout but the papers and elements are from a non-SweetShoppe designer. Can I still post that LO in my gallery here since I did use a font I purchased here??

Darcy Baldwin
03-19-2012, 02:00 PM
That'll be fine - as long as it's significant journaling (just a line of text or a date won't do).

Amber Dixon
03-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Great, thank you!! :)

Alyssa
04-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Read & understood!

Soco
04-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Read and understood! :)

PrincessT
06-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Thank you for this information!

PrincessT
06-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Read & Understood!

Tamie
06-24-2012, 09:41 PM
I uploaded a photo to my profile but I don't see it when I post, am I having a brain fart? lol

DoodleBop
06-25-2012, 12:48 PM
read and understood!

emmyxlou
08-17-2012, 09:58 PM
read and understood :)

Beebo
08-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Wow! I've been here for a little over a month now and still haven't signed this.
Read and understood!

alliepal23
08-31-2012, 10:30 AM
I'd like to add more credits to some of my posts. Is there a way to edit my original posts?

Darcy Baldwin
08-31-2012, 10:41 AM
You will be able to now.

NeverendingJen
08-31-2012, 10:41 AM
I'd like to add more credits to some of my posts. Is there a way to edit my original posts?

Once you have 10 posts, I believe that option opens up. A lot of things are locked down due to spam issues in the past, but if you just keep posting, you'll be there in no time!

alliepal23
08-31-2012, 10:45 PM
I've posted a lot of layouts to my gallery and would like to change some of the information that goes along with them. For example, I'd like to give credit to certain designers or describe the photos more. Is there a way to add more info to these gallery layouts?

JuliaM
09-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I've read through all the posts in the thread and I just want to clarify one thing. If I use a template from a SSD designer but a kit from elsewhere, I'm ok to put that layout in the gallery?

BrattyMeg
09-06-2012, 08:00 PM
for the gallery that's fine.

Just make sure it's not for a challenge b/c it won't count for points without a majority of SSD

BrattyMeg
09-06-2012, 08:02 PM
I've posted a lot of layouts to my gallery and would like to change some of the information that goes along with them. For example, I'd like to give credit to certain designers or describe the photos more. Is there a way to add more info to these gallery layouts?

totally missed this post but since you have 13 posts now you should be able to edit your layouts and add credit info. Just pull your page up then click photo options and you'll see edit photo

JuliaM
09-06-2012, 08:06 PM
for the gallery that's fine.

Just make sure it's not for a challenge b/c it won't count for points without a majority of SSD

Thanks. That's what I thought but felt better making sure.

lingovise
11-04-2012, 11:13 PM
okay. so i've now got 17 posts !woot! but still cannot comment in the gallery or edit a layout. ??? anyone?

Libby Pritchett
11-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Loni, I just changed your account settings, so you should be good to go now! :)

lingovise
11-04-2012, 11:19 PM
♥♥♥ thank you, Libby! mwah!

kaydee
11-10-2012, 08:10 AM
:thumbup:

mingo1
11-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Newbie here...read these guidelines and totally agree!

mcquadefam
11-19-2012, 11:46 PM
How would I post a jpg from my computer to the forum - or does it need to be on a website?

Shawna Clingerman
11-19-2012, 11:50 PM
How would I post a jpg from my computer to the forum - or does it need to be on a website?

Yep you just need to upload it on an image hosting website - something like www.photobucket.com or if it is a layout made with things from the sweet shoppe you could always just upload it into our gallery here! :thumbup:

sbpoet
11-23-2012, 05:39 PM
New here, Post #1 – and a request for clarification: in one message I see that to post in the gallery here one must use "some" SSD products, and in another it says "mostly"?

(The art journaling class at the blog brought me here)

Darcy Baldwin
11-23-2012, 06:14 PM
We'd love to be able to look at your layout and know that the majority of product is SSD. But we understand that sometimes you find that you only use a few pieces. We ask that you use your best judgement and participate ;) Have fun!

sbpoet
11-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks, Darcy. I am reminded that I still have a font form to fill out for you ...

gaylemaupin
11-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Dumb question...

I revised one of my layouts and I wanted to change the image in the gallery, but I don't see the option to either delete or edit the image. Am I just missing it? It's not under the "photo options" dropdown menu and I don't see it under the photo anywhere. Is it possible??

gaylemaupin
11-26-2012, 12:04 AM
I may have answered my own question...does it have something to do with the fact I only have 5 posts?? I'm able to add the credit info. :o

Libby Pritchett
11-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Hi there!

I went in and changed your membership settings. Want to give that drop down edit option a try again and see if you can make it work? It's been so long since I've edited an image in the gallery that I can't remember if you can actually edit the picture or if you have to delete and reupload. But either way, you're all official now! :)

gaylemaupin
11-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Libby, Thank you SO much! It works perfectly now! :thumbup:

michperez
12-03-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm new here. I will post my layout later.Thanks

kristalund
05-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Is there a lag time from when you upload a LO to when you see it in the Gallery? I've tried several times to Upload (w/ successful message) and do not see it in my Member Gallery or Traci's? Thanks!

Roboliver
05-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Sounds good!

Chippi
05-25-2013, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the easy to understand guidelines!!

icajovita
05-27-2013, 07:33 AM
I was wondering if it's possible to edit some of my own post in the gallery?
or do I need to have 10 forum posts to do anything like that?

Thank you!

sarahyoung
06-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Hello, a silly question, do i need to store my LO's on pb, and link them to here? its a while since i last did some digital scrapping and forgot.
Thanks
Sarah x

Phoenix
07-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Hi I cant update my signature but adding an IMG code and I cant post new threads :/ help please?

Libby Pritchett
07-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Phoenix, you should be all set up now! :)

vickiyang
09-17-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm new here, I have no way in the gallery to comment.

LisaMT
09-28-2013, 06:23 AM
Can anyone please tell me how big the files sizes are to upload? I've tried a few times to add layouts but can't seem to get them to upload. Thanks in advance

weaselwatchr
10-14-2013, 09:28 AM
I too am wondering what file size to upload for the gallery. Thanks

Darcy Baldwin
10-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Most folks save at 700x700 and there is no limit on the size of the file.

Vicki - sorry that we missed you - but you're all set up to comment in the gallery! (and I'll PM you)

Milisa
01-25-2014, 11:42 AM
read and understood

thomas23
03-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the guide...

Hiddenartist
05-06-2014, 09:45 AM
So, if I used a kit from somewhere else, but the template is from the Sweet Shoppe, can I post it? Thanks!

MlleTerraMok
12-06-2014, 04:36 PM
read and understood

JICCreations
01-17-2015, 04:40 AM
Read & Understood :)

Smandysen
01-31-2015, 07:03 PM
Read most of the comments and understand...and when I forget - I know where to come back to! :)

One question I have is about the signatures - Where can I find info about file size/dimensions/etc. to make my own? I've never created a custom one before and may want to try that after I find some kits to buy. :)

Thanks!

silent ranks
02-23-2015, 08:45 PM
can't wait to start getting involved.
The bingo challenge looks amazing

collettedesigns
03-30-2015, 11:16 PM
Thanks for all the great info!

marykemock
05-23-2015, 11:17 AM
HI.....I want to get started on the forum and gallery threads but I don't seem to be able to post anything. It's saying I don't have permission. I've never really been involved in anything like this and I appreciate any help you can give me to get me started!!

Libby Pritchett
05-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Hi and welcome! :)

We have some spam filters in place, so that's why you weren't able to start threads. I've changed your permissions, so you should be able to jump in and join us now. You may still notice some weird stuff until you reach 10 posts, but that will go away automatically. The quickest way to hit that magic number of 10 is simply to comment in the gallery.

Once again, we're happy that you'd like to join us ! I hope you'll make yourself at home. Be sure to check out our monthly bingo challenges - they're loads of fun!

hk08
06-24-2015, 02:03 PM
Hi :) I am new to uploading and I am hoping to find out the best way to size a layout for upload. Also, how do you delete a layout? I have posted several that are not sized correctly and they are too small to read. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Libby Pritchett
06-24-2015, 02:12 PM
Hi there and welcome! I changed your forum permissions, so that should give you a little more freedom now. :) You may notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts, but you can comment in the gallery to get that number up there quickly.

Here's a tutorial (https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/tutorials/index.php/2011/12/save-for-web/) on saving for the gallery that might be helpful for you. You'll notice in the tutorial, it says to resize to 600x600 pixels, but that is outdated. You can actually now save at 700x700 pixels.

To delete a layout in the gallery, you should see a "photo options" box in the upper right hand corner just above your layout. I believe you can edit/delete from there (you may have to click edit and then delete it from there). I'd screenshot it for you, but I have admin options that will look different from your screen. So, I'm not entirely sure what you'll see there. If you can't delete them though, I'd be happy to do it or you. :)

Let us know if you have any other questions! Feel free to jump in!

mocamom
07-25-2015, 02:22 AM
Thanks for having me! Understand the awesome guidelines!!

queen.wild
08-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Would it be possible to edit my own photos in the gallery?

SeattleSheri
08-01-2015, 11:14 AM
If you'd like edit your photos, go to photo options in the upper right corner of the image and use the drop down for editing photos. Let us know if that doesn't work!

queen.wild
08-01-2015, 01:30 PM
That option isn't there for me.

Libby Pritchett
08-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Hi there!

That option wasn't showing for you because of some spam filters we have in place. I've changed your permissions, so you should have a little more freedom now. :) You may still notice some weird stuff until you reach 10 posts, but that'll go away on its own. The quickest way to get that post count up is to just leave some comments in the gallery!

Hope that helps! Welcome to SSD! :)

LeggsRobbins
10-05-2015, 12:15 PM
What's the file size limit?

Libby Pritchett
10-05-2015, 01:10 PM
below 250kb and 700x700px :)

eajdewitt
11-10-2015, 07:24 PM
I haven't been in the gallery for quite some time, but the iNSD discounts were too hard to resist so I have been looking for layouts that match some of my recent acquisitions. In the process there were some really delightful posts that I would have commented on (I notice comments are few and far between by the way), but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I don't see it in the gallery rules section either. I have posted three of my own layouts and didn't realize I needed ten in order to participate. Is this why I can't see any way to make comments?

Thanks, Puzzled
aka Judy D

Libby Pritchett
11-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Hi Judy!

You are exactly right that the spam filters on new members are the reason you've been unable to comment. I just went in and changed your permissions, so you should be able to do that now!

You may still notice some weird stuff until you reach 10 posts, but then everything should straighten out on its own.

Welcome to SSD! :)

eajdewitt
11-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Guess I'll have to get busy and come up with some layouts then. Thanks for answering.

Amy Owens
01-15-2016, 03:29 PM
Read and Understood.

designbylime
02-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Do I need 10 post in the forum before I can edit my own upload in the gallery?

sardley
02-12-2016, 09:11 AM
I posted 2 layouts but nothing shows up in my member gallery. I am not very tech savvy so I am wondering if I did something wrong.

scrappingram
02-12-2016, 09:30 AM
I cant reply to anything in the gallery- cant leave love or nothing
box says I dont have any privileges, really??
can I have my privileges back? purdy please ;-)

mamaestes
04-17-2016, 10:56 PM
How long does it take before a newbie can comment on other people's LOs? Would like to comment on some but don't seem to have the option. Thanks!
k

Libby Pritchett
04-17-2016, 11:19 PM
How long does it take before a newbie can comment on other people's LOs? Would like to comment on some but don't seem to have the option. Thanks!
k

Hi there!

I've changed your permissions, so you should be able to comment now! :) You may notice some weird stuff until you reach 10 posts, but that will all clear up on its own. And commenting in the gallery helps to bump that post count up.

Welcome to SSD! Hope you'll jump in and make yourself at home!

mamaestes
04-18-2016, 05:44 PM
Wow! That was fast! Thank you! Off to share some love for the awesome LOs in the Gallery!

ewebwoman
10-30-2016, 08:38 PM
Can you please delete this Gallery image. I accidentally posted twice and I don't have permission to delete or edit. Thanks.
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=447577&title=epcot-butterflies&cat=500

jaye
10-31-2016, 09:03 AM
I am unable to leave comments in the gallery, I think I have 10 or 11 posts in the forum. Is it just a time thing now? :)

Libby Pritchett
10-31-2016, 09:32 AM
I am unable to leave comments in the gallery, I think I have 10 or 11 posts in the forum. Is it just a time thing now? :)

Hmmmm everything looks good on the back end, so there should be no reason that you can't comment. Are you able to now?

FILIPPOK
11-11-2016, 06:45 AM
Hello! I'm a novice.
I wanted to "say hello" and write comments in the gallery, but I do not have access.
I ask for help.

FILIPPOK
11-11-2016, 06:47 AM
Hello! I'm a novice.
I wanted to "say hello" and write comments in the gallery, but I do not have access. I ask for help.

FILIPPOK
11-12-2016, 04:25 AM
Hello! I'm a novice.
I wanted to "say hello" and write comments in the gallery, but I do not have access. I ask for help.

alison239
11-13-2016, 11:52 AM
I have uploaded my first photo to the gallery and realised I had resized it too small. I would like to delete it and upload it again so it appears bigger when viewed on the gallery. I am unsure how this can be done and would appreciate your help. TIA

MelindaH
11-13-2016, 12:41 PM
I have uploaded my first photo to the gallery and realised I had resized it too small. I would like to delete it and upload it again so it appears bigger when viewed on the gallery. I am unsure how this can be done and would appreciate your help. TIA
I think there is an edit button and you can re-upload your page right over the top of your existing page. I'm on my phone so I can't see the gallery to tell you for sure, but someone else will probably jump in, too. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Libby Pritchett
11-13-2016, 01:03 PM

Hi there!

It's because we have some spam-filters in place until you have 10 posts. I've changed your forum permissions, so you should have a little more freedom now. Still, it won't all be lifted until you have 10 posts. You can bump that number up quickly by leaving some love in the gallery!

Welcome to Sweet Shoppe!

Tedip
12-11-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm also new in posting pages. Is there a size limitation on the page size when posting to the gallery and in challenges?

Libby Pritchett
12-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Hi there! Yes, layouts need to be 700x700 pixels and below 250kb in size. I'd probably go no more than 245 or so just to be on the safe side.

jennmccabe
12-19-2016, 12:55 PM
read & understood, thanks so much!

DancingPrincessDesigns
02-06-2017, 02:59 PM
I'm currently unable to leave some love in the gallery...I understand from previous posts on this thread that some kind of adjustment may need to be made on the back end? I'm hoping that by posting here, it might be fixed when someone has a moment. Thank you!! Can't wait to comment in the gallery...so much beautiful stuff there!