Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Challenge Archives (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   May 2017 - Bingo FAQ (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86879)

hichchei 05-15-2017 11:28 AM

I used Boyhood Adventures: COLLECTION by Flergs & KCB ap1 and add the stitching from the same kit. Would this be ok to use as stitched alpha?https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...for_alpha_.jpg

lingovise 05-15-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hichchei (Post 1062875855)
I used Boyhood Adventures: COLLECTION by Flergs & KCB ap1 and add the stitching from the same kit. Would this be ok to use as stitched alpha?https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...for_alpha_.jpg

absolutely!! how wonderfully creative! love it :wub:

hichchei 05-15-2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingovise (Post 1062875856)
absolutely!! how wonderfully creative! love it :wub:

Thank you!

tanyiadeskins 05-17-2017 11:25 AM

For the "Laugh so hard its obnoxious" do we have to use that exact quote on our layouts?

lingovise 05-17-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins (Post 1062876029)
For the "Laugh so hard its obnoxious" do we have to use that exact quote on our layouts?

not at all... just scrap something in the spirit of the quote

cherrygutz 05-18-2017 11:30 AM

There is no specific "script" font, is there? I googled and it gave me a lot of script fonts so I just chose one on my stash.

lingovise 05-18-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrygutz (Post 1062876205)
There is no specific "script" font, is there? I googled and it gave me a lot of script fonts so I just chose one on my stash.

Yep, for this month, you just get to scrap with any script font you'd like.

tanyiadeskins 05-19-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingovise (Post 1062876031)
not at all... just scrap something in the spirit of the quote

I just want to point this out and double check

"Like always, challenges in quotes indicate a word or phrase which should appear as shown on your layout."

That is the verbage used in the monthly thread and on the bingo card it is in quotes. It is a bit confusing.

lingovise 05-19-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins (Post 1062876377)
I just want to point this out and double check

"Like always, challenges in quotes indicate a word or phrase which should appear as shown on your layout."

That is the verbage used in the monthly thread and on the bingo card it is in quotes. It is a bit confusing.

I forgot about that bit... [i'm so bad at following the rules myself :o]
I may revisit that "rule" in the future... but for this month, since I already said you could scrap "in the spirit" of the quote, let's go with that ;)

cherrygutz 05-19-2017 11:29 PM

ahh... Well, I might just insert the quote on my layout then...

roxana 05-20-2017 01:06 PM

I'm stuck in the makeover one, I have straighten my hair several times but there's not much difference and besides I have no pics. So was thinking if getting brackets would be consider as makeover?

lingovise 05-20-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxana (Post 1062876513)
I'm stuck in the makeover one, I have straighten my hair several times but there's not much difference and besides I have no pics. So was thinking if getting brackets would be consider as makeover?

for the Makeover challenge, I really just intended it to be anything that you've worked on transforming... it could be a room, your garden, your image, your lifestyle, your car, your study habits, your schedule, your attitude ... and you don't necessarily have to have before/after type photos, just something that's meaningful to you, that represents the challenge. you could also do a photoless page and let your journaling tell your story. I hope that helps.

roxana 05-20-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingovise (Post 1062876519)
for the Makeover challenge, I really just intended it to be anything that you've worked on transforming... it could be a room, your garden, your image, your lifestyle, your car, your study habits, your schedule, your attitude ... and you don't necessarily have to have before/after type photos, just something that's meaningful to you, that represents the challenge. you could also do a photoless page and let your journaling tell your story. I hope that helps.

Got it Loni, thanks!!!

scrapin2grls 05-21-2017 03:10 AM

Hi, I'm brand new here and I have a question that I haven't been able to find the answer to yet. I'm sure its a dumb question or has already been asked but, I couldn't figure it out.. so... Can you use the "FREE Samples 2017" to enter these challenges with? Thanks so much!

jacinda 05-21-2017 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapin2grls (Post 1062876566)
Hi, I'm brand new here and I have a question that I haven't been able to find the answer to yet. I'm sure its a dumb question or has already been asked but, I couldn't figure it out.. so... Can you use the "FREE Samples 2017" to enter these challenges with? Thanks so much!

Welcome to Sweet Shoppe! Yes, you absolutely can use the free samples from the store for the challenges. Lots of beautiful sample products there :)

Leablahblah 05-24-2017 12:06 AM

"one little word: fresh"

How does one go about a one little word layout? I've seen that sentenced used before but I'm not sure.
Does the word need to be the title of your page?
photoless?
can you just use the word in your journaling?
can it just be interpreted any way we want?

I'm just confused!

nietis 05-24-2017 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luan37 (Post 1062876831)
"one little word: fresh"

How does one go about a one little word layout? I've seen that sentenced used before but I'm not sure.
Does the word need to be the title of your page?
photoless?
can you just use the word in your journaling?
can it just be interpreted any way we want?

I'm just confused!

Yes, you can interpret it any way you want; as a title, in your journaling, or even something fresh that you took a photo of.

Leablahblah 05-24-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nietis (Post 1062876835)
Yes, you can interpret it any way you want; as a title, in your journaling, or even something fresh that you took a photo of.

thank you! it shouldn't be too hard!