Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   This or That? Challenges (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   This or That? - Ask your quick questions here! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95106)

justpattyanne 02-09-2022 11:25 PM

Did the Jan. This or That coupons go out yet? I just want to be sure I didn't miss out on it... already have several kits burning a hole in my wishlist! ;)

Robin Carlton 02-10-2022 12:20 AM

They have not. Sweet Rewards week kicks off next week, so coupons should be sent this weekend sometime :)

justpattyanne 02-10-2022 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Carlton (Post 1063085171)
They have not. Sweet Rewards week kicks off next week, so coupons should be sent this weekend sometime :)

Thank you so much, Robin!
I just wanted to be sure to not miss them. ;)
Thank you so much for everything y'all do here! :thumbup:
What an amazing birthday bash you're throwing!!! :w00t:
So much fun & activity!!!:wub::wub::wub:

JennNtheBoys 02-15-2022 09:08 PM

Just how 'strict' are we being with Challenge 3a - Red & White color scheme? Like ifffff oh I dunno.... say a touch of black paint or a doodle just so happens to appear out of no where on my page, does it still work for this challenge?? LOL

craftytam 02-15-2022 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys (Post 1063086581)
Just how 'strict' are we being with Challenge 3a - Red & White color scheme? Like ifffff oh I dunno.... say a touch of black paint or a doodle just so happens to appear out of no where on my page, does it still work for this challenge?? LOL

The layout should be primarily red & white, but would say you'd be okay with little touches of black,

lizziej 02-24-2022 10:09 AM

These are general questions. Loni wrote on her post for this month, "As a friendly reminder.... pages created for our This or That? challenges should be created primarily with Sweet Shoppe products meaning that at a glance they are OBVIOUSLY made with products purchased from Sweet Shoppe Designs." Does this mean that we cannot use free-with-purchase products? Does this mean we cannot use the free collabs, like the birthday one for this month? Can we used retired kits that we've purchased? Thank you!

Kimberly27 02-24-2022 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizziej (Post 1063088519)
These are general questions. Loni wrote on her post for this month, "As a friendly reminder.... pages created for our This or That? challenges should be created primarily with Sweet Shoppe products meaning that at a glance they are OBVIOUSLY made with products purchased from Sweet Shoppe Designs." Does this mean that we cannot use free-with-purchase products? Does this mean we cannot use the free collabs, like the birthday one for this month? Can we used retired kits that we've purchased? Thank you!

From what I understand collabs are okay and as long as the designer is here at the store you can use any of their kits in your layouts for challenges. Someone correct me if I am wrong. :wub:

Kiana 02-24-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizziej (Post 1063088519)

You can use ANY kit, collab, template etc. from a CURRENT designer in our Shoppe right now. Retired & freebie kits as well from a CURRENT designer in our Shoppe.

lizziej 02-25-2022 12:38 PM

Thank you both for the info!!

Pachimac 03-02-2022 03:11 PM

I don't know the designer's real names. For the March "This or That", what is Bobbie and Jo's designer names?

craftytam 03-02-2022 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pachimac (Post 1063089858)
I don't know the designer's real names. For the March "This or That", what is Bobbie and Jo's designer names?

Bobbie is River Rose Designs

Jo is JoCee Designs

:)

Pachimac 03-02-2022 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1063089859)
Bobbie is River Rose Designs

Jo is JoCee Designs

:)

Thank you Sugar Baby!!! :)

craftytam 03-02-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pachimac (Post 1063089860)
Thank you Sugar Baby!!! :)

You're very welcome, sweets! :wub:

Stefanie 03-05-2022 10:56 AM

Option 8 of March's challenges says scrap with this month's new freebies.
I am wondering when these freebies will be coming, or if we can use the freebies that are in the shop now?

Romajo 03-05-2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefanie (Post 1063090317)
Option 8 of March's challenges says scrap with this month's new freebies.
I am wondering when these freebies will be coming, or if we can use the freebies that are in the shop now?

In the second post it says they are coming March 15... so we need a little bit of patience...

Electra 03-09-2022 11:01 AM

question

I thought I can posted everything I needed to last month to get a coupon, but I obviously missed something. Where kind I find out what I missed so that I don't miss it again? :confused: TIA!

nesser1981 03-09-2022 10:02 PM

The codes will not be sent out until this weekend. You’ll be able to use them the 2nd Full Week of the month, so starting Monday.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electra (Post 1063090736)
I thought I can posted everything I needed to last month to get a coupon, but I obviously missed something. Where kind I find out what I missed so that I don't miss it again? :confused: TIA!

Electra 03-09-2022 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesser1981 (Post 1063090850)
The codes will not be sent out until this weekend. You’ll be able to use them the 2nd Full Week of the month, so starting Monday.

Thank you Vanessa. That makes me very happy!!

jaye 03-12-2022 07:07 PM

for those looking for designer names/real names, here is a quick reference in the forum that has been updated.

Hope it helps :)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=92311

HeatherB 03-15-2022 07:42 PM

For March This or That? Challenge 8a - Scrap a layout using only one of this month’s new freebies

If I use the freebie template from Cindy and then a non-freebie kit for the rest, does it count? Or does it have to be all freebies?

mom2triplets04 03-16-2022 01:03 AM

This is my first time doing the challenges. Are we allowed to use the freebies for the other challenges too or only in number 8?

craftytam 03-16-2022 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2triplets04 (Post 1063091654)
This is my first time doing the challenges. Are we allowed to use the freebies for the other challenges too or only in number 8?

You can definitely use the freebies for any challenge :)

JlynnA12 03-16-2022 04:53 PM

Hello,

I see these were posted March 15, but I'm not sure I'm positive WHERE. Are they the items in the store under Free Samples 2022?

8a - Scrap a layout using only one of this month’s new freebies OR
8b - Scrap a layout which combines more than one of them
**These are in reference to the new designer freebies that are coming March 15th**

thank you!

craftytam 03-16-2022 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JlynnA12 (Post 1063091719)
Hello,

I see these were posted March 15, but I'm not sure I'm positive WHERE. Are they the items in the store under Free Samples 2022?

8a - Scrap a layout using only one of this month’s new freebies OR
8b - Scrap a layout which combines more than one of them
**These are in reference to the new designer freebies that are coming March 15th**

thank you!

Here's the link, Jlynn :)
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...me.php?cat=796

JlynnA12 03-16-2022 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1063091722)

thank you!

tjscraps 03-16-2022 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 1063091609)
For March This or That? Challenge 8a - Scrap a layout using only one of this month’s new freebies

If I use the freebie template from Cindy and then a non-freebie kit for the rest, does it count? Or does it have to be all freebies?

I had the same question :) This ended up at the end of the page so quoting it to bump it.

Romajo 03-17-2022 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjscraps (Post 1063091753)
I had the same question :) This ended up at the end of the page so quoting it to bump it.

To me it sounds like option 8A: using 1 freebie. If the template is the freebie, you can use whatever you want to go with it. The other way around, like using a free kit, with another template, sounds to me like it counts as 1 freebie used.
If you use 2 or more of the free kits, or a free template and a free kit (or more), it sounds to me like you are doing option 8b.
Hope this helps and I hope this is right.

Kiana 03-17-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romajo (Post 1063091782)
To me it sounds like option 8A: using 1 freebie. If the template is the freebie, you can use whatever you want to go with it. The other way around, like using a free kit, with another template, sounds to me like it counts as 1 freebie used.
If you use 2 or more of the free kits, or a free template and a free kit (or more), it sounds to me like you are doing option 8b.
Hope this helps and I hope this is right.

Yes this is how I understand it too.

HeatherB 04-01-2022 10:00 AM

I have a question about uploading the full size tracker to the gallery. I tried to do that with file size limited to 250kb and it still says my file size is too large for the gallery. What specs are required for uploading the tracker? My tracker says that it is 1150 x 926 pixels @96 pixels/inch but I eventually used Save for Web and sized to 250kb.

CarlaW 04-01-2022 10:20 AM

Can Someone clarify who the featured designers are for April? I am not familiar with their first names. I really, really wish that you gals would link to their stores every month. :)

lingovise 04-01-2022 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaW (Post 1063093279)
Can Someone clarify who the featured designers are for April? I am not familiar with their first names. I really, really wish that you gals would link to their stores every month. :)

I provided the links to each designer's store just under the option 6 image.

ETA: there's also a clickable link for the 9a option using the Marchita Font just under that option image as well.
I bolded these, but I guess they're still not visible enough.

For faster reference necessary links are also provided in my list of challenges post - found HERE

lingovise 04-01-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 1063093270)
I have a question about uploading the full size tracker to the gallery. I tried to do that with file size limited to 250kb and it still says my file size is too large for the gallery. What specs are required for uploading the tracker? My tracker says that it is 1150 x 926 pixels @96 pixels/inch but I eventually used Save for Web and sized to 250kb.

I've reworded this in the op, Heather. I'm sorry if this caused confusion. Last month there were lots of problems with tracker images not being properly posted/linked and it made it impossible for the team to process entries. I think to post the tracker in our gallery you'd def have to resize it. You're also free to use an outside image host [like Imgur or Flickr] just as long as you've linked them correctly. I've included the following link to our tutorial that will hopefully help when using outside hosts.

If you're not sure of the best way to include your tracker image please refer to our How To: Link Images Easily with IMGUR tutorial [the steps featured also work basically the same way for Flickr as well].

Josie 04-01-2022 11:35 AM

I own some collabs between retiered designers and designers who are still in the shop. Can I use them for the challenge?

CarlaW 04-01-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingovise (Post 1063093285)
I provided the links to each designer's store just under the option 6 image.

ETA: there's also a clickable link for the 9a option using the Marchita Font just under that option image as well.
I bolded these, but I guess they're still not visible enough.

For faster reference necessary links are also provided in my list of challenges post - found HERE

I must have posted my question before you added the links because they were not there beforehand. Thank you so much for linking!:)

lingovise 04-01-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josie (Post 1063093298)
I own some collabs between retiered designers and designers who are still in the shop. Can I use them for the challenge?

As long as one of the designers is still on our roster you're good to go!

Josie 04-01-2022 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingovise (Post 1063093314)
As long as one of the designers is still on our roster you're good to go!

Thank you Loni! :)

MarieElisa 04-01-2022 03:05 PM

Question about the Show off & shout out. The Sugar babes and designers are not to be put as shout outs, but is it ok to use their layouts for one of the 15 leave love comments? Hope that makes sense.

becca1976 04-01-2022 03:17 PM

I'm seeing a discrepancy in the April This or That Challenge. Number 9 has two options in the original post...to scrap with a specific font - Marchita or to scrap using a one word title. Everyone's posts, however, have "to scrap with a stamped alpha" for 9 b. I followed the original post, not the list everyone is using in their replies. Not sure who creates that list or where it came from, but this is what everyone is posting:
a - Fill your page with staples and tags Or
1b - Fill your page with buttons and ribbons

2a - In honor of Earth Day, scrap a green page OR
2b - Recycle an old page from your gallery & give it a new twist

3a - Journal directly on your photo OR
3b - Use wordstrips within your journaling to help tell your story

4a - Scrap a panoramic photo that goes the full width or height of the page OR
4b - Pile them up and scrap with at least 8 different photos

5a - ABC (Scrap an alphabet inspired page) OR
5b - 123 (Scrap a numerical inspired page)

6a - Scrap with products from Featured Designer Meagan OR
6b - Scrap with products from Featured Designer Nat

7a - April Showers OR
7b - May Flowers

8a - Scrap with an abundance of different shaped border edges
8b - Fill your page with layers of torn paper

9a - Use the Marchita Font on your page OR
9b - Use a stamped alpha on your page -

10a - Tell a joke on your next page OR
10b - Scrap a memory that makes you laugh

11a - Scrap a pair of opposites or opposites attract OR
11b - Scrap on Opposite sides of the page

12a - Get messy with paints and brushes OR
12b - Keep it clean with a minimalistic page

13a - Scrap with lots of triangle shapes OR
13b - Create a composition which uses a visual triangle

14a - Feet on the ground OR
14b - Head in the clouds

15a - Scrap locally OR
15b - Scrap globally

Just want to be sure my page will count. Thanks!

lingovise 04-02-2022 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarieElisa (Post 1063093344)
Question about the Show off & shout out. The Sugar babes and designers are not to be put as shout outs, but is it ok to use their layouts for one of the 15 leave love comments? Hope that makes sense.

Yes, you can leave love on anyone's pages and have it count towards your 15 comments.

lingovise 04-02-2022 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becca1976 (Post 1063093350)
I'm seeing a discrepancy in the April This or That Challenge. Number 9 has two options in the original post...to scrap with a specific font - Marchita or to scrap using a one word title. Everyone's posts, however, have "to scrap with a stamped alpha" for 9 b. I followed the original post, not the list everyone is using in their replies. Not sure who creates that list or where it came from, but this is what everyone is posting:

9a - Use the Marchita Font on your page OR
9b - Use a stamped alpha on your page -

Just want to be sure my page will count. Thanks!

Doh! Niiiiice catch, Becca!

A last-minute change was made to prompt 9b - from using a stamped alpha to using a single word as your title and I forgot to correct the compiled list. I've now made the correction which you can find HERE ♥ It always seems that no matter how many times I read & recheck these things, sometimes stuff still gets by me. I'm sorry if this caused any confusion! Of course, it will absolutely count if anyone happens to follow the original compiled list they've already copied [doesn't see the correction] and uses a stamped alpha instead on their page. No worries, thanks for understanding :wub:

ETA: the link to the corrected compiled list post ♥