Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New to our Community? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71607)

Libby Pritchett 01-27-2019 11:49 PM

You're all fixed now, Carolyn! You may notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts, but if you'll go leave some love in the gallery, that'll bump your post count up and fix any problems you may still experience. :)

CarolynK 01-28-2019 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062943645)
You're all fixed now, Carolyn! You may notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts, but if you'll go leave some love in the gallery, that'll bump your post count up and fix any problems you may still experience. :)

Thank you for the fast response Libby :)

bumblebeee 02-02-2019 04:05 PM

Not new to your store, but still fairly new the forums. I would like to participate in your birthday events but just wanted to check on the guidelines. Are all of your events set up that we are allowed to use any products from current designers? (ie freebies, retired kits etc being okay to use) Also is there a minimum about of SSD products required on your layouts?

Libby Pritchett 02-03-2019 12:21 AM

Hi Jennifer!

Any products from current SSD designers can be used in the challenge. This includes freebies and retired kits. As long as it's by a current SSD designer, you're fine!

As for the amount of SSD product, all of our challenges follow the same policy. You must use Sweet Shoppe products for the bulk of your page. Outside templates, minor accents, etc. are perfectly ok as long as at a glance the page is obviously created with products from our shoppe and designers!

bumblebeee 02-03-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062944743)
Hi Jennifer!

Any products from current SSD designers can be used in the challenge. This includes freebies and retired kits. As long as it's by a current SSD designer, you're fine!

As for the amount of SSD product, all of our challenges follow the same policy. You must use Sweet Shoppe products for the bulk of your page. Outside templates, minor accents, etc. are perfectly ok as long as at a glance the page is obviously created with products from our shoppe and designers!

Thank you so much for the answer! Now off to start scrapping!

Broomy 02-03-2019 11:02 PM

Upgrade please

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Carlton (Post 1098679)
Hi girls,

We've tweaked permissions here in the forums to try and cut down on spam a bit more because despite the efforts we've made in the past, more and more spam has been slipping through lately.

Once your account has been confirmed via email, you should be able to participate here in our community on a limited basis.

We are so glad to have you here, so if you're just getting started in our community and arent able to do something you'd like to, simply post here so we know you're a real person, and one of our administrators will upgrade your account to a full membership.

Thanks so much for your understanding

Robin

Hi I have just posted my 1st layout. I wanted to update it, but find I am not allowed. I see I must post here a request for upgrade to full membership. Hope you can help, as I am trying to follow your 13th birthday celbration challenges. Thank you.

Libby Pritchett 02-04-2019 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broomy (Post 1062944990)
Hi I have just posted my 1st layout. I wanted to update it, but find I am not allowed. I see I must post here a request for upgrade to full membership. Hope you can help, as I am trying to follow your 13th birthday celbration challenges. Thank you.

Hi there!

Welcome! I"ve changed your forum permissions, so you should have a little more freedom now. We do have some spam filters in place, so you may still notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts. At that point, those things should correct themselves. The quickest way to bump up your post count is just to leave some love in the gallery!

Broomy 02-05-2019 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062945012)
Hi there!

Welcome! I"ve changed your forum permissions, so you should have a little more freedom now. We do have some spam filters in place, so you may still notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts. At that point, those things should correct themselves. The quickest way to bump up your post count is just to leave some love in the gallery!

Thank you Libby. All working OK now and I have been able to edit what I needed to. Regards Broomy.

Sclarke89 02-05-2019 06:28 PM

HI

I just wanted to confirm that I am a real person and can't wait to get involved.

Thank you.

Libby Pritchett 02-05-2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sclarke89 (Post 1062945341)
HI

I just wanted to confirm that I am a real person and can't wait to get involved.

Thank you.

HI! Welcome! I've got your forum permissions changed, but you still may notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts. You can leave some comments in the gallery to bump your count up quickly! :)

DoggieTown 02-08-2019 08:44 PM

I’m new to the forum but not to SSD. I have tons of digital files that I am looking to print at home. I have several of the pocket card templates from Cindy Schneider and have no idea where to begin with them.

Libby Pritchett 02-09-2019 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoggieTown (Post 1062946047)
I’m new to the forum but not to SSD. I have tons of digital files that I am looking to print at home. I have several of the pocket card templates from Cindy Schneider and have no idea where to begin with them.

Hi there!

I've changed your forum permissions, so you have more freedom around the site now. You may still notice some restrictions until you have 10 posts, but if you'll leave some comments in the gallery, that'll bump your count up quickly.

If you have questions about templates or other products, I'd encourage you to start a thread in the forum here so that others can see your question and chime in with advice. :)

Welcome to the forum!

Otte/Penny 02-09-2019 12:49 PM

Brand new member here, and trying to get this to work. Maybe if I post here I can succeed? I think I am a real person. Although, maybe I'm more cat than human. are cats allowed?

Libby Pritchett 02-10-2019 01:18 AM

LOL I happen to love cats, so I think that's a totally acceptable answer! ♥

I've got your permissions changed, so you can jump in and make yourself at home now! You may still notice some strange stuff until you have 10 posts, but if you'll leave some comments in the gallery, that'll bump your post count up quickly.

Welcome to SSD!

cooperL788 02-10-2019 08:28 PM

Hi all! I'm Laura, and while I've been scrapping for almost 20 years (omg, I think I just dated myself as officially 'old') I've just dived into digital scrapbooking. This place is SO fun, and I'm learning a ton just by going through older posts, blog tutorials, etc. And I'm participating in the Passport, which has been SO fun!
To you veterans, what's your best tip for us newbies?

Neverland Scraps 02-10-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperL788 (Post 1062946522)
Hi all! I'm Laura, and while I've been scrapping for almost 20 years (omg, I think I just dated myself as officially 'old') I've just dived into digital scrapbooking. This place is SO fun, and I'm learning a ton just by going through older posts, blog tutorials, etc. And I'm participating in the Passport, which has been SO fun!

This is a great place to start:
https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/tutorials/

You already said you are participating in the passport, which is another great place!!! If you have any questions, feel free to start a post in the Sweet Little Community forum. Everyone here is always so helpful and amazing!

Welcome to Sweet Shoppe Designs!! :wub: See you in the gallery!

Libby Pritchett 02-10-2019 10:30 PM

Hi Laura! So glad to have you join us... don't feel bad... I just celebrated my 20th "scrapiversary," too! ;)

I've changed your permissions, so you are free to jump in and get settled. If you notice anything strange, that should correct itself when you have 10 posts. If you'll comment on some layouts in the gallery, that'll get your post count up a little more quickly.

I'd encourage you to start a thread or two in the main forum to ask any questions you may have as most of our members won't read this thread. :)

Welcome to SSD!

cooperL788 02-11-2019 02:30 PM

Thank you so much! Can't wait to get to know you all much better!:wub:

EmStafrace 02-12-2019 05:31 PM

Hi Everyone,

Most of you I know but its been awhile since I've been to SSD...I know my bad! I ended up having to re-register for the forum because my old email I used last time was from a quizzillion years ago and figured its easier to set up a whole new account, so I am ready and rearing to go finally!

I’m looking forward to making new digi scrap buddies and to start swooning over the gallery.

Hugs Em x
:hugs:

Libby Pritchett 02-12-2019 07:11 PM

Hey there! I got you all fixed up, so jump in and make yourself at home (again! LOL) Once you get your post count up to 10 all your restrictions should be lifted automatically, but if you want to hurry the process along, just go leave some love in the gallery!

Welcome back!

craftytam 02-12-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperL788 (Post 1062946522)

Hi Laura! Welcome to SSD! I paper scrapped for about 14 years before starting digi in 2012. I would never go back to paper!! I hope you'll love digi as much as I do.
I have 2 suggestions:
1) Tour the gallery and see what kind of LOs speak to you.
2) Play around with your program, and find your style. The nice thing about digi is that you can use products over & over again!
I'm glad you're here!
Like Libby said, if you have any questions, the forum is great, and people here are very helpful!

craftytam 02-12-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Justagirl~ (Post 1062946920)
Hi Everyone,

Most of you I know but its been awhile since I've been to SSD...I know my bad! I ended up having to re-register for the forum because my old email I used last time was from a quizzillion years ago and figured its easier to set up a whole new account, so I am ready and rearing to go finally!

I’m looking forward to making new digi scrap buddies and to start swooning over the gallery.

Hugs Em x

Hi Em! Welcome back to SSD!!
I can't wait to see your LOs in the gallery and get to know you in the forum :)

carrie1977 02-12-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Justagirl~ (Post 1062946920)
Hi Everyone,

Hugs Em x

:w00t: Waving!! :w00t:
Happy to see you here!

EmStafrace 02-12-2019 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062946934)
Hey there! I got you all fixed up, so jump in and make yourself at home (again! LOL) Once you get your post count up to 10 all your restrictions should be lifted automatically, but if you want to hurry the process along, just go leave some love in the gallery!

Welcome back!

Yay thank you Libby.
I did just try leaving a comment in the gallery but I kept getting a notice saying 'You did not fill in the comments or rating field.’

I’ll try later after making more posts in the forum and see if that helps :)

EmStafrace 02-12-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062946937)
Hi Em! Welcome back to SSD!!
I can't wait to see your LOs in the gallery and get to know you in the forum :)

Thanks heaps Tammy I’m looking forward to sharing hehe

EmStafrace 02-12-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie1977 (Post 1062946946)
:w00t: Waving!! :w00t:
Happy to see you here!

CARRIE!!! Hello hunnie! It is a bit exciting to pop in here, I do lurk especially in the store, but here I am checking out some new scrappers to me and swooning at the gallery. I thought it high time to come out from under my rock hey! lol :thumbup:

stephc777 03-26-2019 09:11 PM

Hello - I am a real person =) I've been around for a while but am finally getting back into digital scrapbooking. Got 5 of the 18 challenges done for the passport - hoping to at least get to the 20% level this month. Baby steps!

Stephanie

Libby Pritchett 03-26-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephc777 (Post 1062953868)
Hello - I am a real person =) I've been around for a while but am finally getting back into digital scrapbooking. Got 5 of the 18 challenges done for the passport - hoping to at least get to the 20% level this month. Baby steps!

Stephanie

Hi there! Welcome!

I've changed your permissions, so you should be able to be more involved now! You may still notice some strange things until you have 10 posts due to some spam filters that we have in place. You can bump your post count up quickly by leaving some comments in the gallery.

Please make yourself at home!

lm44west 04-15-2019 07:41 PM

Hi - I cannot post and am a user from awhile back

Hi,

I haven't been around in a few years and am just getting back into digital scrapbooking. I want to post to a challenge and do not have any rights. Since I am not a new user, how do I get permissions?

Thanks,
Mary

Libby Pritchett 04-15-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lm44west (Post 1062955904)
Hi,

I haven't been around in a few years and am just getting back into digital scrapbooking. I want to post to a challenge and do not have any rights. Since I am not a new user, how do I get permissions?

Thanks,
Mary

Hi Mary! Welcome back! I did change your permissions, but you may notice that you don't really have full freedom until you have 10 posts (we have some sam filters in place). You can easily bump your count up by leaving some comments in the gallery! :)

AmyWillyard 04-25-2019 04:12 PM

I am a real person :) I took a break from digital scrapbooking in 2008 - busy raising kiddos and working and didn't take time for me. My kids are older, I have a different husband and now I'm BACK to capturing more of our memories and am going to start by doing a massive catch-up - I'm so behind and am going to embrace simplicity and pocket pages from 2008 to now. Thank you for allowing me to join your community!

Libby Pritchett 04-26-2019 07:02 AM

Hi Amy! Welcome back to digi! So happy to have you joining us! I've changed your membership settings, but you may still notice some weird stuff until you reach 10 posts due to some spam filters that are in place. You can reach that magic number of 10 quickly by leaving some love in the gallery!

Again, welcome to Sweet Shoppe! We're glad to have you!

scrapchyck 05-02-2019 01:06 AM

Hi there! I'm Becky...used to go by webchyck back in the day, but don't have the same email address anymore, so I'm starting over with scrapchyck! Some of you may remember me from my SBG days...yikes, it was a long time ago (like 9 years!)...where I was part of the Studio Crew. Trying to get back into the hobby I have missed so much, and since I knew Studio Flergs was here and recognized several other designers from way-back-when, thought I would start here! The shoppe does not disappoint! Not that I NEED a single thing...my stash is so extensive from all the years spent on a creative team...but who can resist??? So many new trends! I especially love how kit themes have branched out so much! So fun! Looking forward to iNSD...so many fond memories of weekends celebrating our craft in the past. And shopping! Always shopping!

Libby Pritchett 05-02-2019 07:50 PM

Hi Becky! We're so glad you're here and jumping back in to digi! Feel free to make yourself at home. I've changed your forum permissions, but you may still notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts. We have spam filters in place, but those will go away on their own. A quick way to bump your post count up is to leave some love in the gallery!

Welcome to SSD!

scrapchyck 05-02-2019 09:03 PM

Thanks, Libby!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett (Post 1062957686)
Hi Becky! We're so glad you're here and jumping back in to digi! Feel free to make yourself at home. I've changed your forum permissions, but you may still notice some weird stuff until you have 10 posts. We have spam filters in place, but those will go away on their own. A quick way to bump your post count up is to leave some love in the gallery!

Welcome to SSD!

Kolohigirl 05-04-2019 03:13 PM

New....kinda

Hi Ladies,
Its been a while since I participated. I typically just buy supplies. Thought I would join in the fun this year, but my user id is having rights issues. Once that is fixed I can do more of my bingo.

Libby Pritchett 05-04-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolohigirl (Post 1062958490)
Hi Ladies,
Its been a while since I participated. I typically just buy supplies. Thought I would join in the fun this year, but my user id is having rights issues. Once that is fixed I can do more of my bingo.

Welcome! I've got your permissions changed, but you still may notice some restrictions until you reach 10 posts. The quickest way to bump that post count up is just to head to the gallery and comment on a few layouts. :)

Glad you're joining us!

Kolohigirl 05-06-2019 12:50 AM

User Issues

Robin,
Could you look at my rights. I've been trying to play along with Bingo, and other games. No matter what I try, I cannot get an image to show up in my replies to the threads. I can do links, but not images. I've tried using the Insert image function on my message and it looks like I'm formatting it the same way as I do for other vbulletin applications I've used, but I can't get it to work on your site.

Thanks,

Libby Pritchett 05-06-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolohigirl (Post 1062959159)
Robin,
Could you look at my rights. I've been trying to play along with Bingo, and other games. No matter what I try, I cannot get an image to show up in my replies to the threads. I can do links, but not images. I've tried using the Insert image function on my message and it looks like I'm formatting it the same way as I do for other vbulletin applications I've used, but I can't get it to work on your site.

Thanks,

It looks like you should be good to go. If you've had fewer than 10 posts, that could've been causing your issue. But your settings are all fine... are you still experiencing problems today?

Libby Pritchett 05-06-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolohigirl (Post 1062959159)
Robin,

Thanks,

Actually, I just looked at some of your edit history on your posts in the Bingo thread. It looks like you were posting the incorrect URL in the IMG bracket, and that was causing your issues. That's why it wasn't showing up as an image. The image code should end in ".jpg"

Here's a tutorial to show you which URL you should be copying. :)

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/t...-in-the-forum/