Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Forum & Gallery Guidelines - Please Read (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314)

ClaireG 03-02-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireG (Post 1063040456)
Hi - is it just me or is there an issue with the gallery description? I uploaded my layout this morning with a description and now it is not there :( and when I go an edit my photo to add the description it saves, but still won't sure, am I doing something wrong? This is the second time this has happened to me.

AHA, I think my journaling might have been too long and I went over a character limit?

craftytam 03-02-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireG (Post 1063040456)
Hi - is it just me or is there an issue with the gallery description? I uploaded my layout this morning with a description and now it is not there :( and when I go an edit my photo to add the description it saves, but still won't sure, am I doing something wrong? This is the second time this has happened to me.

The gallery will kick a description out if there are any "special characters" in it (for example - / ' "). Sometimes if you edit your description and take those out, it will accept the revised version (sometimes it won't). If it doesn't, you could add your description as a comment.
I hope this helps :)

ClaireG 03-03-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1063040460)
The gallery will kick a description out if there are any "special characters" in it (for example - / ' "). Sometimes if you edit your description and take those out, it will accept the revised version (sometimes it won't). If it doesn't, you could add your description as a comment.
I hope this helps :)

Thanks Tammy, I figured that out too late, how funny that in a year of posting it has only happened now!!

craftytam 03-03-2021 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireG (Post 1063040524)
Thanks Tammy, I figured that out too late, how funny that in a year of posting it has only happened now!!

You're welcome, Claire. It happens to all of us at one time or another :)

staceysmiley 04-25-2021 04:31 PM

Edit Gallery Description

Hi there,

Is there a way to edit the description of my first layout that I just posted? I missed the URL for the kit I used and I want to go back and add it.

Thanks,
Stacey Smiley :)

jacinda 04-25-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceysmiley (Post 1063045216)
Hi there,

Is there a way to edit the description of my first layout that I just posted? I missed the URL for the kit I used and I want to go back and add it.

Thanks,
Stacey Smiley :)

Hi Stacey

You could add it in the comment box below, or delete the image, and reupload new. See how that goes.

megscottstudio 09-15-2021 12:13 AM

Quick question.. Can I post a layout from a kit that was created by Studio Flergs and Amber Shaw? I have a lot of the BIM kits and not a lot of the RTM ones and am making a special calendar for my family. I love the kits so much but I don't want to offend anyone.

Ponytails 09-15-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megscottstudio (Post 1063064155)
Quick question.. Can I post a layout from a kit that was created by Studio Flergs and Amber Shaw? I have a lot of the BIM kits and not a lot of the RTM ones and am making a special calendar for my family. I love the kits so much but I don't want to offend anyone.

Yes, those ones are fine to use.

Leablahblah 09-15-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megscottstudio (Post 1063064155)

I also want to add there is a special gallery tribute to Amber so yes, please, post away!
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ry.php?cat=676

Cherylny 02-09-2022 02:51 AM

Dense Newbie here. How do I link my gallery LO to the forum? I tried c/p didn't work - just got a link; tried Imgur - it works, but when you click on on LO, it clicks back to Imgur. Help, please. :)

angiekey 02-09-2022 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherylny (Post 1063084899)
Dense Newbie here. How do I link my gallery LO to the forum? I tried c/p didn't work - just got a link; tried Imgur - it works, but when you click on on LO, it clicks back to Imgur. Help, please. :)

Welcome, Cheryl - we are so very glad you're here!

There's a post in the forum that covers exactly this question. You'll find it right here: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=82756

If you have any more challenges with it after reading that thread, just post a question over there and we'll be happy to help.

Again, welcome to the Sweet Shoppe!

Pachimac 02-09-2022 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angiekey (Post 1063084902)
Welcome, Cheryl - we are so very glad you're here!

There's a post in the forum that covers exactly this question. You'll find it right here: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=82756

If you have any more challenges with it after reading that thread, just post a question over there and we'll be happy to help.

Again, welcome to the Sweet Shoppe!

The video says private and you can't watch it.

Kiana 02-09-2022 03:23 PM

For linking your layout from the gallery you will have to do 2 steps.

Basically it's easier to use two tabs. One for your layout in the gallery and one for the post/thread.

1. Right click on the gallery layout and choose COPY IMAGE LOCATION
1a. Go to the thread, paste in between this code: [img][/img] so it would go between the opposing ] [ brackets with no spaces.
*** it will look like this [img] www.myimagelocation.com [/img] without the spaces

2. Copy the gallery URL in the address bar
2a. Highlight the full image text including the parts ([img][/img]) , once highlighted use the "WORLD" icon and in the pop up paste the url link, click ok.

Your layout will be pasted and linked to the gallery.

smwhite 03-09-2022 07:38 PM

Hi, I'm new and following a couple of your new designers! I'll look forward to meeting new friends!

bienejen 03-10-2022 10:09 AM

Welcome!

joshgirl 04-24-2022 02:03 PM

I was looking for the size of the picture to upload in the gallery but I luckily found it somewhere else in the forum.

mone 06-05-2022 07:56 AM

OMG my last LO here is from 2007. :blink:
where did the time fly???

After 15 years in which I only scrap very little, I've been fully involved again for a few weeks.
Now I know what I've been missing all these years.

there are a lot of pictures on my hard drive just waiting to be enchanted in Lo's.

I'm looking forward to lots of new inspiration, kits and challenges

mone 06-05-2022 08:44 AM

oh no, i'm sorry, i posted my post in the wrong section.

Unfortunately I can't edit my posts.
(also my contribution to this and challenge) not.
when will my limited access be lifted.
do I have to write someone for this ordoes it work automatically?

mone 06-05-2022 08:44 AM

oh no, i'm sorry, i posted my post in the wrong section.

Unfortunately I can't edit my posts.
(also my contribution to this and challenge) not.
when will my limited access be lifted.
do I have to write someone for this ordoes it work automatically?