Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Christmas Gifts For Teachers & Classmates (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79519)

jaylensmom 11-24-2014 07:30 PM

Christmas Gifts For Teachers & Classmates

Ok this is another Christmas thread :thumbup: Do you give Christmas gifts to your children's classmates? If so, what do you give them? My son is in the 5th grade and has been at this school for 2 years. We did M&M's one year and Snowman Soup last year. I'm stumped...I don't do the Christmas-y (is that a word) pencils because heck we still have them from kindergarten in our house so I figure the kids won't use them. TIA!

rach3975 11-24-2014 10:49 PM

Hmmm...I don't think anyone gives their classmates holiday gifts here. I have a 5th grader, a 3rd grader, and a kindergartener, and among the 3 of them we've also got 9 years of preschool under our belt. In all those years, I can't remember any of them bringing home something that wasn't from their teacher or a close friend (who didn't give to everyone). Fun idea, though!

LeeAndra 11-24-2014 11:13 PM

Nope, they don't do that at DD's school to my knowledge. Sorry!

SeattleSheri 11-24-2014 11:49 PM

We haven't gotten gifts for other students in the past. We usually get teachers/after-school-providers $25 gift cards.

jacinda 11-24-2014 11:56 PM

My girls like to give Christmas cards to everyone in their class, but that's about it. We do get something for the teacher though.

ksbella 11-25-2014 01:42 AM

We did reindeer noses for my eldest when he was in Prep and for my twins when they were in Prep, however I don't think I'll do it this year, as we have 4 children in 4 different classes and its just going to be painful!!!

We do however do teacher and teacher aides gifts

kristijoy 11-25-2014 01:45 AM

We are going to give some homemade bath products (like bath salts...) to his teacher. No gifts to the kids.

mariewilcox 11-25-2014 07:10 AM

Never gave gifts to the kids for either one of mine over the past 22 years.

jaylensmom 11-25-2014 02:08 PM

Well that settles it no gifts for the kids :) This makes it much easier...gifts for teachers only. Now that I think of it he may have been the only a few (very few) that gave gifts for Christmas.

SmallMoments 11-25-2014 08:29 PM

Yeah Luke's a 5th grader and we've never given gifts to classmates. I've taught 2nd grade for 15 years and I've only had kids bring Christmas cards... and even then I think it's happened twice. :)

lovely1m 11-25-2014 10:32 PM

We gave gifts in daycare, but it was small and there was like 5 other kids. Nothing now. We give gift cards to the teachers for like $20.

Sherri Tierney 11-25-2014 10:48 PM

For the teachers I like to get together a box of school supplies... crayons, pencils, etc. This time of year things start to get worn out so new is always appreciated. :)

I bought a BUNCH of Bath and Body Works soaps on clearance. We are sending those with my middle school child for her teachers (7) and putting notes on them that say 'We wish you a germ free Christmas, we wish you a germ free Christmas, we wish you a germ free Christmas, and a soapy New Year' :)

My son's teacher we will buy a more personal gift for. I work at his school so his teacher is my co-worker as well as my friend and his teacher. She's pretty special. :)

For classmates we do small goody bags with little trinkets. We buy a gift for the classroom every year. A game, a Lego set, or something. I usually ask the teacher for recommendations. This year I bought a couple of $5 games from the Black Friday pre-sale. I will give them those and something my son decides upon.

My daughter (12) gives gifts to her friends. I found a good deal on Caboodles acrylic nail polish trays so she is giving them those and making them sashay scarves.

~Cindy~ 11-25-2014 11:06 PM

I'm doing this with colored pencils for Cole's teacher, a Christmas card, and maybe a gift card also.
http://www.shawnaclingerman.com/diyo...ting-file-too/

jaylensmom 11-26-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Cindy~ (Post 1062716065)
I'm doing this with colored pencils for Cole's teacher, a Christmas card, and maybe a gift card also.
http://www.shawnaclingerman.com/diyo...ting-file-too/

Those are too cute...I'll have to save that one for teacher appreciation week :thumbup:

jaylensmom 11-26-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney (Post 1062716060)
I bought a BUNCH of Bath and Body Works soaps on clearance. We are sending those with my middle school child for her teachers (7) and putting notes on them that say 'We wish you a germ free Christmas, we wish you a germ free Christmas, we wish you a germ free Christmas, and a soapy New Year' :)

That is too cute...I may have to steal it