Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Halloween candy...what did you hand out? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74884)

Tracyfish 10-31-2013 04:35 PM

Halloween candy...what did you hand out?

Just curious...I got the assortment bag of Reese's, Kit Kat, Hershey's and Almond Joy because it was on sale Buy 2 Get 1 free. (2 bags for T-o-T'ers and 1 bag for us :D)

We go to my inlaws neighborhood party so everyone brings a bag or two to the party and we combine them all. It makes me feel like I don't have to buy a ton.

What kind do you hand out? Do you get a lot of kids coming to your door?

lauren grier 10-31-2013 04:43 PM

No one's shown up yet but it's only 5. Bf's mom gave us a bag of chocolate (Gag) to hand out. At least I know I won't eat that before the kiddies show up and bonus i didn't have to buy anything haha :p We're going tot'ing at 6:30 so we might miss most of the kids anyway.

nikkiARNGwife 10-31-2013 04:52 PM

I got 4 huge bags of different assortments (reeses, rolos, whoppers, hershey bars, sweet tarts, lifesavers tootsie pops etc) b/c we were supposed to have Trunk or Treat at my church tonight but the tornado watch and torrential rain has all that cancelled so I now have pounds of candy and no one to give it to. We live in a really rural area way off the road so I doubt we'll have any trick or treaters.

MamaBee 10-31-2013 05:01 PM

with J's newly identified allergies... we have the big ol' bag of tootsie rolls mixture with dots and tootsie pops... and a small bag of twixx just for me. :o But it's raining here, so probably won't have many... it just started (at 4) and goes to 8pm.

KristinCB 10-31-2013 05:12 PM

I'm handing out the stash of candy I bought when I did my feature designer video *lol*

Lizzy257 10-31-2013 05:28 PM

We went to my mom's so the kids could trick or treat with their cousins, so we missed any kids that came here :D. We had two kids come to the door after the kids had gone to bed, and I had nothing ready so I just grabbed a handful of candy from my kids bags :D

Lyd 10-31-2013 05:29 PM

It's only 3:45 here, so we haven't handed anything out yet, but I got a combo bag that sounds a lot like the one you have Tracy. I figure I've got a couple more hours before any kids start showing.

nun69 10-31-2013 05:42 PM

nothing here yeat either...only 250 pm ......but the weather is kind of crappy, but that won't stop my kids from going out...I bought reeses, M&M's, warheads, smarties, jolly rancehers, bubblegum, and some other assorted stuff...I also picked up a bag of peppermint patties for me :) and a bag of lemonheads for the kids stockings :)

marlathrall 10-31-2013 05:47 PM

Well, I bought myself a bag of Reese's for my tractor. We are still on harvest so I will be stuck here until about 11 PM! I'm growing tired of it. Lol.

KristinCB 10-31-2013 05:48 PM

so weird! Sounds like so many have bad weather but this is the nicest halloween i can remember here! :O

MissKim 10-31-2013 05:58 PM

I'm seriously considering keeping all the lights off and eating all the Reese's and Snickers for myself. I have a migraine and it was a rough day at school. Stormy weather for several days + Halloween = not a great day for teachers.

glumirk 10-31-2013 07:42 PM

We went trick or treating from 6-7, and it's almost 8 and no trick or treaters. Our neighbors said we missed 3 kids while we were out. We didn't buy candy this year and were just planning on handing out what the kids got at Trunk or Treat at the church last night. DH likes to pass out peanuts, but we went from no peanut allergies at the church to 4, so we will have to do something else next year.

mariewilcox 10-31-2013 07:43 PM

Nothing - the curse or advantage (depending on how you look at it ;) ) of having a driveway 1/4 mile up from the main road :D

Beebo 10-31-2013 08:12 PM

A bag of Tootsie Rolls and Crabby Patties here. Have only had a few t-o-t because it's raining out. DH and Lori took Adrienne to her Daddy's then on to the church for trunk a treating inside.

maryinaz 10-31-2013 08:51 PM

Every year the kids in our neighborhood get older and older and we get less and less trick-or-treaters. It's perfect weather out too - not too hot. But I doubt we get many.

We have Kit-Kats, Hershey's bars, Twizzlers, Starburst and a bunch of other stuff.

YepBrook 10-31-2013 09:42 PM

We didn't buy any candy (again) this year because we live in a community where it's mostly retired/single people and there aren't many kids. We headed out to my parents neighborhood as usual to go T-o-T'ing. I have to say, I love when people hand out chocolate (Milky Way and Almond Joy are my faves). ;) My kids got so excited at someone's house who handed out mini bags of lays brand chips. :)

lovely1m 10-31-2013 09:52 PM

We handed out bags of Goldfish to the younger kids and full size Airheads for the older ones. Nicholas picked them out and said they were the right things to get. They both seemed to be big hits. We had quite a few, I didn't keep track.

britaneejean 10-31-2013 10:58 PM

we did the tootsie/pops/dots mixed bag. we also added the ones that i won't let my little girls eat (gum, hard candy, etc) or that i knew they wouldn't ever choose lol! i didn't want the leftovers!

origami 11-01-2013 12:51 AM

Hershey's Mini's and Twix Mini's and Milky Ways Mini's We didn't come close to running out. We took what was left over to my daughter's choir practice tonight.

NeverendingJen 11-01-2013 09:47 AM

M&M's, Skittles, Starburst, and Snickers...and we didn't even get through 1/4 of the bag. and I had more bags.