Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Allergies and Anger Issues (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71852)

Beebo 03-24-2013 10:01 PM

Allergies and Anger Issues

Since we found out Adrienne is allergic to peanuts, eggs and potatoes Wednesday, she has not had an anger issue. She has not eaten anything with these 3 products in them.

jacinda 03-24-2013 10:35 PM

Yay! What great news! Who knew there'd be a correlation between the two huh. Good on you for having her tested. This will be a big point in your favour against those other family members who didn't want her tested/treated.

Jenn Barrette 03-24-2013 11:22 PM

That is awesome! So glad you are seeing an improvement so quickly!

We just found out this week that my oldest daughter's eczema flairs up when she drinks milk, so we are going to look into some allergy testing for her and see if there are any other things we need to change in her diet.

carrie1977 03-24-2013 11:26 PM

That's so great!

isaacsmom 03-25-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn Barrette (Post 1103786)
We just found out this week that my oldest daughter's eczema flairs up when she drinks milk, so we are going to look into some allergy testing for her and see if there are any other things we need to change in her diet.

Jenn -- my son has a milk intolerance and one of the first things we notice when he gets some milk/dairy by accident is these dry eczema like patches on his cheeks.

And, he also has behavior issues (as in increased angry outbursts and misbehavior) when he has milk. I am convinced there is a link between them. Or else perhaps the kids just don't feel good and they don't know how else to act and so they misbehave as a result.

yari 03-25-2013 11:26 AM

Wow this is something else, would never have guessed there was a correlation between the two. Glad to hear things are going well!

anneofalamo 03-25-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beebo (Post 1103783)
Since we found out Adrienne is allergic to peanuts, eggs and potatoes Wednesday, she has not had an anger issue. She has not eaten anything with these 3 products in them.

when you don't feel good and you don't realize it isn't the way you are suppose to feel sometimes you just get angry.
:hugs: yeah for her feeling good and keepin' the angry away. Now is a good time to help teach her tell you when she feels icky....

Penny Springmann 03-25-2013 02:38 PM

wow! That's great! :)

Dalis 03-25-2013 04:02 PM

That is such great news, and I am so impressed that you can see the difference in such amount of time.

lovely1m 03-25-2013 06:22 PM

Wow. That's amazing. I am happy for you all.

Paula 03-29-2013 11:58 AM

That is wonderful that you were able to identify the sources. Some people don't realize that allergies can do more than cause itchy eyes and runny noses. They can really affect a person's mood as well.

staciahall 03-29-2013 08:20 PM

Allergies can affect SO many things, really!

Glad you found the source and she is feeling better.