Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hybrid Chatter (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   How/Where to print Pocket Scrapbooking Cards (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79082)

meejay 10-10-2014 11:27 PM

How/Where to print Pocket Scrapbooking Cards

I'm doing a smaller 6x8 Pocket Scrapbook and I have several digital pocket cards I want to print. I've tried printing at home and I'm just not happy with how they look. I've tried a few different papers and printers too.

Does anyone have them printed at somewhere like an Office Depot? Does that work? What about at Persnickety?

Also, can a Silhouette cut them out? I could print from home (if I figured out how to do it that I like) then it can cut it?

Help! LOL

kristijoy 10-10-2014 11:49 PM

Would they fit on 4x6 prints? Lots of places run 4x6 print sales (Like Walgreens) all the time. When I did 'hybrid' I used to print a lot of items on 4x6 prints, and trim or cut them to size.

rach3975 10-11-2014 08:45 AM

I did my Project Life in paper for a little while, and I tried printing at a few places. Maybe I'm just picky, but Persnickety was the only place I really liked the photo quality. I also tried Walmart, Shutterfly, and a local photo printer. (I already knew I didn't like the photo printing at the CVS and Target here.) Walmart was the second best, and if I just wanted a few prints made I would get them there. I don't know if all Walmarts have the same print quality, though.

Nettio 10-11-2014 09:59 AM

I've printed PL cards at Persnickety Prints in the past using their Project Life 3x4 & 4x6 cardstock options. The color and quality was awesome and I liked that I didn't have to trim them at all. The only thing I didn't like was it wasn't a true cardstock so it still had a slick coating on it which made journaling on the cards a no go. I'm sure with the right pen (Slick Writer maybe?) it could work, but being left handed I'm super touchy about pens or else I end up with a smudgy mess.

All that is to say the quality was great but I'd probably only use them for decorative PL cards .

rach3975 10-11-2014 10:06 AM

Good point, Lynette! I typed my journaling before printing, so I didn't think about that.

meejay 10-12-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nettio (Post 1062707445)
I've printed PL cards at Persnickety Prints in the past using their Project Life 3x4 & 4x6 cardstock options. The color and quality was awesome and I liked that I didn't have to trim them at all. The only thing I didn't like was it wasn't a true cardstock so it still had a slick coating on it which made journaling on the cards a no go. I'm sure with the right pen (Slick Writer maybe?) it could work, but being left handed I'm super touchy about pens or else I end up with a smudgy mess.

All that is to say the quality was great but I'd probably only use them for decorative PL cards .

Thanks for the tip! I'm left handed too, I always streak my writing. And I've never heard of a slick writer, I will have to check that out. Most of my pens are a uni-ball, I wonder if that is similar.

Thanks everyone! Looks like I need to give Persnickity a try. I also found this older thread that mentioned the Epson Presentation Paper so I picked up some of that from Amazon this weekend.

Here's that thread: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ht=print+cards

kim21673 11-04-2014 12:42 AM

I have either printed at home or have printed cards at Office Depot when I had tons to print out. I was very happy with how they turned out there.

AnniePie 12-03-2014 10:33 PM

I use matte presentation paper (epson brand) with my epson. I like it. I use this for print n cut too

staciahall 12-10-2014 05:53 PM

Slick Writers are awesome when writing on photos and glossy type papers. They come in several colors, too.

ss486 12-11-2014 11:59 PM

You can do it!