Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you delete photos?? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77051)

melissakay143 04-16-2014 09:14 AM

Do you delete photos??

I know... GASP! Just the title scares me!! I have had my iPhone for 5 years and I am constantly running out of space because of my photos... When you sync your smart phones do you delete the pics or keep the whole slew of images? I find deleting them one by one to keep a couple is much wasted time I don't have / want to do. But I can't delete them all...!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catgoddess 04-16-2014 09:37 AM

I delete everything on my phone once I've put them on my hard drive and backed them up.

Tronesia 04-16-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catgoddess (Post 1062662778)
I delete everything on my phone once I've put them on my hard drive and backed them up.

This is what I do. My daughter takes so many photos, plus the ones I take and save from family, that I barely have room to do upgrades.

MamaBee 04-16-2014 09:47 AM

I use drop box so once the photos download from the phone to my laptop... I fill them and then delete them on the phone... but usually this happens months later and I'm getting messages that photos/videos can't be saved that I do a massive delete on the phone... :D

Darcy Baldwin 04-16-2014 09:52 AM

Once I get mine onto my computer and backed up, I delete. I'm big on deleting ...kits, photos, clutter.... ;)

NeverendingJen 04-16-2014 09:53 AM

Once I backup to computer and EHD(every week), I clear em off my phone.

mariewilcox 04-16-2014 10:00 AM

Yeah, I delete them no problem. I upload any that I want to keep and then they're gone.

SeattleSheri 04-16-2014 11:42 AM

I have a lot of photos on my phone, but they are all backed up on my HD, EHD and DVDS. I keep the photos on my phone that I want to be able to look at and remove the others.

adi&co. 04-16-2014 11:51 AM

my phone is junk (i don't have a smart phone) so any pics i take with it are just taken because i have nothing else and they're junk too. i never save them

Lyd 04-16-2014 12:07 PM

I keep some photos in my phone in case I'm ever with friends or relatives who want to see pics of my kids. But, mostly, once I've synced with my puter, I delete them from my phone.

rach3975 04-16-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaBee (Post 1062662782)
I use drop box so once the photos download from the phone to my laptop... I fill them and then delete them on the phone... but usually this happens months later and I'm getting messages that photos/videos can't be saved that I do a massive delete on the phone... :D

This is what I do, too. I also have a dropbox folder for my absolute favorites so that I have access to them on all my devices, but 99% of photos get removed with "delete all" when I get low on space.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

jk703 04-16-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catgoddess (Post 1062662778)

Me. I do keep the last few months of photos synced with my phone, so I can show family friends things if needed.

Gemma 04-16-2014 12:45 PM

I delete the older ones from my phone once they're saved on my laptop but I keep the newest 400 or so on my phone, I don't know why I keep that many lol.

JuliaM 04-16-2014 01:11 PM

I rarely use my the phone in my camera so it's really not an issue. That said, when I do use it, it's because I want to upload the photo right away to Facebook and once that's done, there's no reason to keep it on my phone.

Stacey42 04-16-2014 02:17 PM

I delete mine all the time. Especially since I have a habit of taking 2-3 in a row of the same thing to make sure I got a 'good' one. I pick the best and delete the others from my phone, Dropbox and from Lightroom should I import things before the deletion happened. Then every so often, I delete photos for space reasons. Right now I have 201photos on my phone (not including instagram & editing software pics, 201 is just the generic photos folder) and I need to purge about half them. Not for the phones sake but for my own. A part of my brain just keeps shouting "Why do you have 201 photos on your phone? When was the last time you looked at any but the most recent?" And that part sort of has a point. So I try to keep it under 100.

SweetMelissa 04-16-2014 03:39 PM

I usually delete them after I save a copy on my desktop/external hard drive. I keep my absolute favorites on my phone but I try to keep the number on my phone to around 100.

MissKim 04-16-2014 08:18 PM

I download them to my laptop every weekend (so I can do my PL layout). They get backed up to EHD every month or so and I have BlackBlaze so that's constantly updating. I delete almost everything off my phone except for photos I really love (like prom, vacation, etc.). I keep about 250 photos on my phone at any one time.

taracotta7 04-16-2014 08:35 PM

I only keep ones I REALLY love and delete the rest. I have no issues deleting. Once I have shared on FB or instagram, I delete almost always. The ones I love or the videos I want to keep, I back up on the computer and then delete on phone.

When I upload pictures from my camera to computer......I delete a lot of those and only keep the "good" ones. I know. I am crazy like that but I really can't stand having so many.

maryinaz 04-16-2014 09:15 PM

Backed up to computer via Dropbox. But I still have a ton on my phone. I only delete really bad ones because I never know when I'm going to want to do "oh hey, look at this..." ;)

nietis 04-17-2014 02:02 AM

Once I save it on the computer, I'll delete the ones I don't want on it. I still keep a lot of photos there, though, it can be something to distract my son from doing something that I don't want. He likes looking at photos or watching videos on my phone.