Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bamboo Fun by Wacom (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5154)

snappy2003 12-12-2007 08:31 PM

Bamboo Fun by Wacom

I bought myself an early Christmas present with my Christmas bonus from work, the new Bamboo Fun digital drawing pad by Wacom. I LOVE it! It's so much fun.

Anyone else have it? Any cool tips to share?

Dawn in ky

Julie Billingsley 12-12-2007 08:33 PM

what makes it different from a regular wacom? I use a wacom, but don't know the differences.

joelsgirl 12-12-2007 09:14 PM

I really want one, not that I design or anything, just because it seems like a cool thing to have. ;)

Show us what you've done with it!

ditzyscrap 12-12-2007 09:15 PM

Julie, the surface of it is supposed to feel more like writing on a real paper with a pen, as opposed to the slippery feel that the older Wacoms have. I've had mine for almost 2 years, the pen really needs to be replaced. It's $25 to get a new pen...so I'm trying to decide if I should just upgrade to the new Bamboo...

juliemarie 12-12-2007 09:16 PM

I'm hoping to get one... it's on my christmas list.

Enjoy :)

MamaK 12-12-2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 61021)
I really want one, not that I design or anything, just because it seems like a cool thing to have. ;)

haha this sounds just like me! :thumbup:
thanks for that info bree, I had been wondering also.

ditzyscrap 12-12-2007 09:26 PM

Kellie, you don't need it just to design. I wasn't designing when I got mine (I was retired at the time, lol). I use it in place of a mouse, so I do EVERYTHING with it. It's just a lot more comfortable and controllable for me than a mouse. I can't live without my Wacom anymore! When my pen broke last year I thought I was going to go insane...I had to use a mouse for nearly a month before I got the pen fixed. LOL!

Julie Billingsley 12-12-2007 10:15 PM

Bree, like you, I now use my Wacom for everything... never use a mouse at all. (Thanks Shawna Clingerman for teaching me how :D ) And I don't design. The Wacom seems fine to me, I really love it. I've only had it a year, so I hope I can be happy with it for another year at least! But I do think I already need a new tip for the pen. I actually wish I had a better pen... like fatter. Maybe I'll check into that.

Robin Carlton 12-12-2007 10:21 PM

I have the new Bamboo Fun and I LOOOOVE it too, it feels just like writing on paper and I think that's a huge improvement in terms of control of the pen, etc. I think it's a must have especially if you doodle or write at all. It ROCKS!

R

Leah 12-12-2007 11:01 PM

I'm asking for one for Christmas too - but when I told DH he looked at me like I was crazy (he has no idea what a graphics tablet is - lol)!!

Where is the best place to buy one?

tracey 12-12-2007 11:30 PM

I picked up one a few weeks ago, I still haven't taken the time to mess with it really, so right now its just sitting here collecting dust. lol. I am thinking I will sit down after the holidays and figure out what all it can be used for. Basically I was thinkin like Kellie & MamaK....seemed like a cool thing to have! :D

cvharris 12-13-2007 01:39 AM

Hi,

I'm Carolee, new to this board, and just jumping into the convo about the Bamboo fun. It is on my wishlist this year, too, and the best price I found online is at Costco.

BrattyMeg 12-13-2007 01:40 AM

Welcome Carolee!!

I want a tablet too..NI why but I do lol

nmartin1 12-13-2007 05:08 AM

I'm hoping for a Bamboo fun as well - I'd love to do doodles and such

Nettio 12-13-2007 12:15 PM

I must be the odd one out because I've had my tablet for over a year and I never ever use it. Does anyone use them with laptops? Or using keyboard shortcuts? I just found it to be a huge pain to switch between the tablet and the laptop but then I don't like using a mouse either. I just do everything with the track pad.

ditzyscrap 12-13-2007 12:17 PM

Lynnette...when I get my laptop, I'm planning on hooking up my Wacom. It works just like the mouse/trackpad, so you can use it with keyboard shortcuts, no problem. Personally, I hate trackpads, lol...can never get them to do what I want...so I'll be having my Wacom hooked up most of the time, unless we're travelling in the car or whatever, lol!

Amber1279 12-13-2007 01:02 PM

I was going to ask about the ease of use with a laptop as well. I LOVE my laptop & do all my scrapping on it while I am sitting in bed. I am worried that the tablet would just be an inconvience. What do you all think?

Nettio 12-13-2007 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber1279 (Post 61189)
I was going to ask about the ease of use with a laptop as well. I LOVE my laptop & do all my scrapping on it while I am sitting in bed. I am worried that the tablet would just be an inconvience. What do you all think?

Well for me it definitely was, lol. I had the same issue as when I got the tablet we were living overseas and I didn't have any kind of desk so I scrapped while sitting on the couch. I could never figure a way to balance both the laptop and the tablet so I'd end up having to set the laptop on the coffee table. Well that meant that every time I wanted to use shortcuts (which is literally almost all the time) I had to lean over to do them. It just found it a huge pain. I know other people love theirs though so maybe someone else has a system that works? I don't know. :unsure:

Julie Billingsley 12-13-2007 01:35 PM

I use my Wacom with my laptop all the time. In fact, that is all I use. I was pretty intimated by my Wacom at first, but I was at a digi-scrap retreat and several people were using the Wacom with their laptops, so I gave it a try. And now I love it. I don't use the mouse that came with it either, just the pen. I have carpal tunnel and have had one unsuccessful surgery on my right hand... so this actually helps me by not mousing anymore.

Julie Billingsley 12-13-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber1279 (Post 61189)

I am normally at a raisable coffee table, but I've seen 3 people use their tablet and laptop on a large lap desk. I've been meaning to search for one. If I find one I'll let ya know.