Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   nook - a little warning (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59594)

sczos911 12-14-2011 12:41 PM

nook - a little warning

If you own a nook & you have a B&N account and you apply gift cards to your account, please keep all gift cards once you apply them to your account. Log in and check your gift card balances and make sure you have all the money you put in there.

I got burned.

I have $50 missing out of my account. No proof that I put the GC into my account. And B&N "found" remaining balances on my account that were from different gift cards that they'll refund me - it is less than $3.00. Funny thing is - these cards are not showing under my account. And there is no way to retrieve them. Just *poof* gone.

I will tell you that once my nook no longer works, I'll be switching to a Kindle. :)

Libby Pritchett 12-14-2011 12:44 PM

Oh Steph! How frustrating. That would make me absolutely sick. So much for customer service!

KimberlyMorris 12-14-2011 12:45 PM

That is awful!

jessica31876 12-14-2011 12:55 PM

That sucks. I had a similar issue with a cell phone I prepaid and they wanted to argue about whether I had a credit. I proved with bank records what I had paid for so they had no choice but to credit my time. They told me originally oh it must have been a computer glitch sorry. But my credit was 6 months at 45+tax

Wanted to add is it possible that the person who gave you the card might have paid with credit card so you could get proof of the card. B&N should be able to tell what the card number was with a receipt and possibly credit you that way

HeatherKS 12-14-2011 01:00 PM

That stinks! :(

sczos911 12-14-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessica31876 (Post 911240)
Wanted to add is it possible that the person who gave you the card might have paid with credit card so you could get proof of the card. B&N should be able to tell what the card number was with a receipt and possibly credit you that way

I contacted them & they do not have the card number either. It was a company. I took a survey & got the card. :(

jessica31876 12-14-2011 01:14 PM

ugh that does suck. Maybe it will turn up somewhere then. Id be kinda mad too. Makes me nervous when I get my nook

mummytothree 12-14-2011 01:24 PM

Oh no!!!! What terrible customer service!!! :( I'm so sorry Steph!!! :hugs:

taracotta7 12-14-2011 02:19 PM

I am so sorry! That is horrible! I am glad to know though because I was planning on getting my sister a B&N GC for christmas. I will make sure to pay with a credit card and give her the receipt for proof.

heathergw 12-14-2011 02:22 PM

Oh, that's awful Steph :( so sorry!!!!