Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   When people change an avi... (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14822)

Jennifer 09-07-2008 12:30 AM

When people change an avi...

do you get confused??? Is it just me??? :confused: I think I "get to know" people so much by their avi pic and then their sig...not so much by the actual user name. Then I get all messed up!!! Everyone's changing and I'm confused...LOL @ me!!! AND...I just ordered a QT, so I'm going to be changing mine too. Will anyone still know me? (Do any of you know me, anyway???) Oh, so much to consider!!!

PS) It's late and I'm tired. Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this??? :p

ZaCola3 09-07-2008 12:34 AM

I get confused easily too...did I confuse you today?
LOL
Yes, and I know you...but your face is part of the reason you always stand out.

BrattyMeg 09-07-2008 12:35 AM

haha yah it gets me too sometimes lol

Tracie Stroud 09-07-2008 12:38 AM

Yes, I definitely do! lol

cheltzey 09-07-2008 12:39 AM

I feel exactly the same way! I love when people have pictures of their actual face because then it seems like I can really know THEM, and not a flair button. It just makes things a little more personal.

Having said that, my avie is a year old. It's probably time to change it. But then no one would know who I am!

Jennifer 09-07-2008 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZaCola3 (Post 224658)
LOL
Yes, and I know you...but your face is part of the reason you always stand out.

Yes, you confused me!!! Because I just loved that pic of you and I always noticed it! Luckily, your SN stands out, too, or I'd be outta luck! LOL!

gracielou 09-07-2008 12:45 AM

Yes! I personally like seeing peoples faces. Helps me connect and learn them better that way!

DawnMarch 09-07-2008 12:49 AM

I like to see faces too, and it takes me a minute to catch on when someone changes their avi.

Of course, I am easily confused. When they named the TOTM this month, I was like "who in the world is this Nikki Hawkins????" Then I clicked on her gallery and said "OOOOHHHH, you mean nikkiARNGwife!!" :D

**Holly** 09-07-2008 12:50 AM

Haha I switched back to my QT with all the QT talk today...so I prolly am one of those few that confused you too!

lovely1m 09-07-2008 12:50 AM

ITA, I get to know people from their avis, too.

Paula 09-07-2008 01:01 AM

I really prefer to see people's faces as well.

lizzyfizzy 09-07-2008 01:09 AM

i totally know what you mean! it's hilarious.

Christy Lyle 09-07-2008 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZaCola3 (Post 224658)

Yes you got me Shannon! LMAO!

breakingbrie 09-07-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnMarch (Post 224676)
Of course, I am easily confused. When they named the TOTM this month, I was like "who in the world is this Nikki Hawkins????" Then I clicked on her gallery and said "OOOOHHHH, you mean nikkiARNGwife!!" :D

:D me TOO! lol. I never used my own pic as an avi until I became active here and realized I liked seeing peoples faces for their avi! I just recently changed my pic out when I came across current avi pic(I looooooooove final fantasy) and loved the crop and the character is awesome and I had just watched the movie repeatedly, so I thought I'd change it up a bit. Every now and then you might see my girlies up there with me!

Nettio 09-07-2008 01:16 AM

Well I feel better knowing I'm not the only one! The QTs don't bother me as much but when everyone had flair as their pictures I was going crazy. :D I definitely prefer being able to see a face.

lizzyfizzy 09-07-2008 01:20 AM

oh ya! jennifer you missed the flair era didn't you? for like a month everyone would change their avie from flair to flair. i was uber-confused then!! lol!

Jennifer 09-07-2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy (Post 224718)
oh ya! jennifer you missed the flair era didn't you? for like a month everyone would change their avie from flair to flair. i was uber-confused then!! lol!

Thank goodness I missed it. I don't think I would have made it!!! LOL LOL! I would have a nervous breakdown trying to keep everyone straight! :unsure:

ZaCola3 09-07-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christy Lyle (Post 224709)
Yes you got me Shannon! LMAO!

LMBO-It's HS football season...I had to change it to support the Bombers...I will go back to being my gorgeous face soon enough...LOL

lizzyfizzy 09-07-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer (Post 224720)
Thank goodness I missed it. I don't think I would have made it!!! LOL LOL! I would have a nervous breakdown trying to keep everyone straight! :unsure:

we all almost did...it was amusing to say the least!! lol!

jessica31876 09-07-2008 01:40 AM

I do sometimes but there are some names I remember. But then there are some really similar names too and when I see them it takes me a minute to figure out which one it is

meems 09-07-2008 01:45 AM

I get confused when someone uses their face and then changes to a diff pic of themselves but it looks totally different.

I like my cupcake. It will stay. :p

lizzyfizzy 09-07-2008 01:50 AM

meems, i truely believe that you will forever be a cupcake...wholeheartedly.

btw...where you been, eh??

NettieB 09-07-2008 01:54 AM

Ok, lovelies, was going to wait until I lost some more weight and had my head shots re-done for work, but ((waving hello)) here I am!

lizzyfizzy 09-07-2008 02:00 AM

oh...yay! nettie...your gorgeous darling! love it!

meems 09-07-2008 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzyfizzy (Post 224758)
meems, i truely believe that you will forever be a cupcake...wholeheartedly.

btw...where you been, eh??

aww, thanks for noticing my absence.

First, it took me awhile to recover from my Netflix hangover of watching Friends DVDs. Not good to be old, I tell ya. Then I was just trying to have time away from the computer. Lasted about a day or 2. :unsure: But truly I am trying to lead more balanced life (that also lasted about a day).

oh, also reading Eclipse LOL.

lizzyfizzy 09-07-2008 02:11 AM

come on...being away from here is nonsense. :p i missed you!

amystoffel 09-07-2008 02:23 AM

I like faces too...but I got sick of seeing mine so much so I made a cute little avie. I try and remember peoples names though....

and yes...I know who you are :) super duper!

crystalbella77 09-07-2008 03:49 AM

YES! It totally confuses me!!!!! I updated mine everywhere with the newest pic of me...I don't know if anyone knows me or not though!! lol!

joelsgirl 09-07-2008 03:56 AM

I'm going the way of the QT soon, too, so memorize my face girls. With a seven dollar avie, you won't be seeing the real thing for a while. :)

joelsgirl 09-07-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meems (Post 224755)
I get confused when someone uses their face and then changes to a diff pic of themselves but it looks totally different.

I like my cupcake. It will stay. :p

{cough*Meghan*cough}

Julie Billingsley 09-07-2008 04:15 AM

Sorry girls! I'm keeping my megacute QT! :) Love her!

mrshobbes 09-07-2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 224791)
I'm going the way of the QT soon, too, so memorize my face girls. With a seven dollar avie, you won't be seeing the real thing for a while. :)

I got confused when I first saw your current avi, Kellie! Because weren't you more blonde in your last one? Then I saw this and if not for that same beaming smile I would've thought you were someone else, lol :p

joelsgirl 09-07-2008 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrshobbes (Post 224802)
I got confused when I first saw your current avi, Kellie! Because weren't you more blonde in your last one? Then I saw this and if not for that same beaming smile I would've thought you were someone else, lol :p

Weelllll, in my heart I *am* blond, but in reality, it's fadin away. Joel refuses to let me color it {he doesn't like anything fake, including fake flowers} though once it starts turning gray, he will no longer have a valid opinion. So it kinda depends on how I do my hair, how the sun is hitting it and how the filter I run on my photo effects it, lol. I like it better curly, but lately I can't get it to curl to save my life. :( But thanks for recognizing me anyway.

newfiemountiewife 09-07-2008 08:45 AM

I like people's faces, the flair thing totally confused me LOL.

I've been around long enough now, that all of us oldies, I know by name/screen name, but you noobs, I still need to get to know :D

LibbysMommy 09-07-2008 09:04 AM

I switched too, LOL!! I also get confused when people change their avis!!

lauren grier 09-07-2008 09:08 AM

what's worse.. is that I confuse MYSELF when I change MY avi. I saw a post -- by me-- and didn't realize it was me at first cause marky wasn't there anymore :D huge sign la needs more sleep.

mrsmbm 09-07-2008 10:09 AM

I switched my avi out, too...but in a good direction. From flair to ME! :)

schock77 09-07-2008 12:44 PM

I've got a QT on the way, but I was thinking she'll be in my siggy. I desperately need a new pic though (preferably one I don't take myself) because the one I've got is pretty bad.

But then again, I'm probably in that "unknown" category! :)

BTW Meems... I only know as Meems the cupcake, so I don't think it's the flair or QTs, but the frequent changing of flair or QT that is confusing. I like the cupcake... and whoever is "Delete cookies" with cookie monster I love that one... see names fall away for me with a face. :)

wildblueeyez 09-07-2008 12:51 PM

I'm just glad when NAMES are in siggies - because I can't keep names straight. and while I like seeing everyone, I'm don't have my face over there. go figure - it's that hateeveryphototakenphobia that I suffer from :blink:

My favorite is Teresa's "Lime in the da coco-nut" flair" gets me singing it every time I see it....LOL

schock77 09-07-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildblueeyez (Post 224965)
it's that hateeveryphototakenphobia that I suffer from :blink:

My favorite is Teresa's "Lime in the da coco-nut" flair" gets me singing it every time I see it....LOL

I have that condition as well! Ditto the song... I swear I have a constant soundtrack going in my brain!!!

LenaGardner 09-07-2008 12:58 PM

Fine. here's my face....sorta :)

My QT is knocked up and I'm not so I don't wear her anymore :p

meems 09-07-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 224793)
{cough*Meghan*cough}

:thumbdown:
bad Kellie.

wildblueeyez 09-07-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LenaBrandenburg (Post 224971)

My QT is knocked up and I'm not so I don't wear her anymore :p

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...aughingdog.gif

my3hens 09-07-2008 01:59 PM

I was thinking of changing mine back today :) Maybe I will do that. I get confused too but im way to easily confused LOL

scarletsierra 09-07-2008 02:00 PM

I get confused too. LOL.

I do like seeing everyone's beautiful faces. Though, I think I've always used my QT here...as an homage to La.

Everywhere else use my mug. Consider yourselves spared. :)

meems 09-07-2008 02:02 PM

also confusing when people use diff avies at diff sites, although I am guilty of this b/c I am too lazy to resize my cupcake down for some other sites.

scrappinsweetie 09-07-2008 02:54 PM

i need to update my pic. i am one that likes seeeing everyone's faces.

kscwgirl 09-07-2008 04:49 PM

I'm gonna be changing mine soon too... LOL

personally, I really enjoy the QT's.

stayawake 09-07-2008 05:00 PM

I TOTALLy get confused. I loved it when everyone had a QT, then came the flair, now everything is crazy!! LOL!

nun69 09-07-2008 05:25 PM

I get confused too, but since I never had a picture of myself, no ne knows what I look like anyway :p so for now I will keep my 2 littlest ones {Abby & Peyton} in as my avi until I get my new QT from La!!!! I try to associate names but am still usually lostl....

p.s. Lena, your preggo avi is so so cute!!!

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/i...02/27weeks.jpg