Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shutterfly question (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91867)

Leablahblah 01-04-2020 03:14 PM

Shutterfly question

When you purchase a photobook through Shutterfly do you have to order the book right away? or do they give you some time to upload your book? How long is the deadline?

JoCee 01-04-2020 04:53 PM

as far as I can remember, you can take your time. only order once you are completely happy with what you have.

StacyLynn 01-04-2020 05:11 PM

There is no time limit. Take as long as you want to make it. I make my books and let them sit in my account until I get a good coupon or sale.

rach3975 01-04-2020 08:13 PM

You can take as long as you want making or uploading it, but you can't purchase until it's complete and ready to order.

Shutterfly has very frequent sales, so if you're not ready to order during one sale just wait and there will be another. Unlimited pages offers happen less often but still a few times a year. Free books are unpredictable; I never know how long it will be until I get another one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

laurabobaura 01-04-2020 08:18 PM

what they said. you complete your project and then apply your coupon code and order.

aussiegirl 01-04-2020 09:27 PM

Yay for being ready (or almost ready) to print an album! :) Like the others have said, Shutterfly runs various sales. You can upload your layouts as you have time, and when you are ready, double check through your album (I have accidentally skipped a page before), and then place your order.

If it is for a sale, they sometimes run short and usually end on a Sunday if I remember right.

I wait until they have their flatrate sale. Then you can get up to 100 pages I believe, for one set price! BEST value! :)

Leablahblah 01-05-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiegirl (Post 1062983572)
Yay for being ready (or almost ready) to print an album! :) Like the others have said, Shutterfly runs various sales. You can upload your layouts as you have time, and when you are ready, double check through your album (I have accidentally skipped a page before), and then place your order.

If it is for a sale, they sometimes run short and usually end on a Sunday if I remember right.

I wait until they have their flatrate sale. Then you can get up to 100 pages I believe, for one set price! BEST value! :)

Well... huh... that's not exactly right! lol I am NOT ready to print an album. I mean I just did order an album I had been making for the past 8 months but I went through Photobook America and they had good sales during Black Friday.

But this time I have a $25 coupon for $25 min so basically I get something for free but I have no project ready to go! And it expires at the end of this month. That's why I was asking if I could purchase a photobook with it but then take my time to order it.

How often do they do their flatrate sales?

rach3975 01-06-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1062983622)
How often do they do their flatrate sales?

I don't know for sure, but I think last year they did one in January, one in late spring/early summer, and another a month or so later. There may have been a fall sale, too. So 3-4 times a year, but not evenly spaced around the year. I tend to do 2 books a year in the unlimited pages sales so I don't always pay attention if I'm not close to being ready to print.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

aussiegirl 01-07-2020 12:21 PM

It would be nice if their Flatrate sales were at specific times during the year...but they are hit or miss of when they have them! Just make sure you are signed up for e-mails, and whatever else you can do to get notice of their sales!

Leablahblah 01-07-2020 02:56 PM

ok! thanks ladies!

rach3975 01-07-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiegirl (Post 1062983712)
It would be nice if their Flatrate sales were at specific times during the year...but they are hit or miss of when they have them! Just make sure you are signed up for e-mails, and whatever else you can do to get notice of their sales!

Agreed! But I think there has been one in late January the last 2 years, so I'm hoping for that again this year.

lizziej 01-11-2020 08:33 PM

I will often get a coupon for a free 8x8 book with 20 pages in my Kohl's bill. Last night I was online at Kohl's, and just as I clicked the back arrow, I saw a code for what I was pretty sure was a free 8x8. I tried to go back and it was gone. I have also gotten coupons for a free 8x8 in a Joann's order.

Be sure to like them on Facebook. They often have coupons for free stuff and books, but they are good for only a few days.

Leablahblah 01-12-2020 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizziej (Post 1062984123)
I will often get a coupon for a free 8x8 book with 20 pages in my Kohl's bill. Last night I was online at Kohl's, and just as I clicked the back arrow, I saw a code for what I was pretty sure was a free 8x8. I tried to go back and it was gone. I have also gotten coupons for a free 8x8 in a Joann's order.

Be sure to like them on Facebook. They often have coupons for free stuff and books, but they are good for only a few days.

Thanks for the tip