Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Qotd: What (Christmas) gift do you enjoy giving and receiving? (12/14) (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88083)

Saar 12-14-2017 04:44 AM

Qotd: What (Christmas) gift do you enjoy giving and receiving? (12/14)

What (Christmas) gift do you enjoy giving?
And what gift would you love to get from someone else?

I used to make calendars for my entire family. I did that for years.
The first year I made them, nobody expected a gift like that. The look on their faces was priceless. I enjoyed creating the calendars and giving them to the people I love.

aurian 12-14-2017 06:36 AM

I love baking for others as gift, and also receiving homemade baked goods too. There's just something so feel-good about knowing someone has made something for you personally. :)

LynnZant 12-14-2017 08:11 AM

I used to love giving toys (esp. Legos) to my girls and getting hand made gifts from them, but they are too old for that now.

karlimarie 12-14-2017 12:15 PM

I love giving handmade, personal, thoughtful gifts. Interestingly, I prefer to get gift cards. Haha

KristinCB 12-14-2017 12:26 PM

For giving.. I'm not really sure! I usually get excited if I find something unique and perfect for someone but that doesn't always happen.

For receiving my absolute favourite is seeing what Lucas picks out for me at the holiday gift shop they have at school. I look forward to seeing what he chose to buy every year. Lily isn't in elementary school anymore but I loved it when she shopped there too.

oscaralley 12-14-2017 02:43 PM

I love making gifts for friends. I make ornaments and mugs for customers. I also love receiving handmade gifts. I think my boys are making me something for Christmas. One is a welder and the other is an engineer, so I'm excited to see what they come up with. :)

carrie1977 12-14-2017 03:54 PM

I love to make things with my essential oils to give to people. This year I'll be doing some sugar scrubs and I'm going to try to make some bath bombs, too.

Receiving...usually whatever my kids happen to make. Cole made something at school that he's already wrapped for Matt and I. Can't wait to see what it is.

rach3975 12-14-2017 10:23 PM

Gift cards. I like to give them and get them. I know some people have a philosophical objection to them, but I have enough 'stuff' and so do most people I know. I don't need or want more things that I have to find a place for, especially because they're inevitably not things I would have chosen for myself. A coworker gave me an SSD gift card this summer. Best coworker present ever! Of course I also love handmade gifts from my kids, but they're outgrowing those. :( I make calendars for my family, too. I grumble about it in private because they're time consuming, but I always love the final product as much as the rest of the family does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk