Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   wanna get to know us better?? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65202)

emmasmommy 07-12-2012 10:29 PM

wanna get to know us better??

always wondered what some of your fave sweet shoppers are like in 'real life?' have some questions that you've been DYING to know the answers to? looking for a few extra portfolio points? :p
well....here's your chance

i'm nosy. i need to be able to place a face with a name, as well as a voice, and well, just a person's demeanor. soooo, brook and i were talking the other day and decided, we need to update the video list here at SSD.

to make things a little easier for y'all, i compiled a list of questions (thank you ms. traci reed for helping me out in that department) for everyone to answer so you don't feel as stupid talking to your webcam all alone. :D

our wonderful leader, robin, has agreed to give everyone who participates FIVE extra portfolio points. now, if that's not an incentive to do a goofy little video, i'm not sure what is! :wub:

so, without further adieu, here are the questions i have come up with
where do you live?
fav thing about where you live?
who makes up your family?
if you could have more or less kids, would you?
fav thing about your S/O?
what do you do or what did you do before you were a SAHM?
how long you've been scrapbooking?
your favorite thing about SSD?
hobbies aoutside of scrapping?
favorite books?
happiest/sadest time in your life....
morning or night?
celebrity crush?
fav ice cream?
nikon or canon?
mac or pc?
coffee or tea?
fav color? why?
if someone were to torture you with music, what would they play?
what's one thing most people don't know about you?

now, you can answer as many or as few of those questions as you like. as you'll see, most of us staff have answered all of them, but, i think we all like to talk :)

to get you inspired, i let the babes and designers have a little bit of a headstart, so, here are the videos that we have been watching all week. i hope you enjoy getting to know us a little better and i can't WAIT to see everyone elses! :wub:

Laura (and her constant companions)
Lydia
Brook (pt. 1) and Brook (pt. 2)
Lex
Rebecca
Tronesia
Tracy
Lizzy
Laurie
Jacinda
Shannon
Steph
The fabulous Krystal
KCB
the sessy ms. reed
Alisa
Kim
Nicole
Sally
Erin
Sara
Vanessa
Cooper and Keira
Terra
Sara (kscwgirl)
Robin
Tara
Amber
Jennifer
Mari
Heather
Jackie
Sherri
Stacey
NeverendingJen Pt. 1 and Pt. 2

Traci Reed 07-12-2012 10:42 PM

eeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Libby Pritchett 07-12-2012 10:57 PM

grrrr I'm such a slacker. LOL I promise I'll still do one!

hollyxann 07-12-2012 10:58 PM

lol Oh how I LOVE these!!!

Seriously y'all are so cute!

*and Krystal is so soft spoken. :) :wub:

eranslow 07-12-2012 11:03 PM

I had one - but I took it down... it was quite embarrassing! Not me - my boys! LOL :)

I'll hopefully get one up tomorrow - just need to straighten my hair and look all good for you guys :)

haydensmommy217 07-12-2012 11:04 PM

these are awesome i am so going to have to totally get my webcam out, i just gotta get the courage first lol

YepBrook 07-12-2012 11:07 PM

Awww, Erin!!! I loved yours it was SO great!!! Seriously was one of my faves. Your boys were adorable and wonderfully funny!

CA Dreamer 07-12-2012 11:17 PM

Yikes! OK. I didn't do it last time around and always felt like a loser about it, so I will figure out how to work my DS's video thing-a-ma-bob and do it this time!

marlathrall 07-12-2012 11:20 PM

I know what I will be doing in the next couple of days. :)

Sherri Tierney 07-12-2012 11:44 PM

These are fun. :) I can relate to each of you in some way. Kristin, my husband works at a printing company and I used to. He started in pre-press. :) I started out helping pressmen package stuff as it came off the press.

I think I might have to do one of these... gotta steal my daughter's ipod though. ;)

Tamie 07-13-2012 12:57 AM

Runs in the closet and shuts the door.

Sherri Tierney 07-13-2012 01:00 AM

I'm a long-winded dork. I went through answering the questions to myself and it took me 30 minutes to answer all the questions. So, I sat here talking to myself and realize I have to be be way more brief with my answers. LOL

mrshobbes 07-13-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney (Post 1010977)
I'm a long-winded dork. I went through answering the questions to myself and it took me 30 minutes to answer all the questions. So, I sat here talking to myself and realize I have to be be way more brief with my answers. LOL

Uh yeah, my first run was something like 20 mins, lol.

Incidentally--for those who don't have webcams--I didn't use a webcam. If you've got an iPhone, you can use the camera there. I love that I uploaded from my phone straight to YouTube :)

Tracyfish 07-13-2012 05:27 AM

Everyone should do this! Don't be shy!!!

emmasmommy 07-13-2012 05:56 AM

i agree. seriously. we're internet friends....we're ALL dorks in some way or another. embrace it. seriously.

Lindsay 07-13-2012 06:21 AM

No web cam, video cam or Iphone - I live in the stone age :) Can we play along by doing a layout? If not, I'll still do one anyway - sounds like fun!

kim21673 07-13-2012 06:27 AM

How fun! I don't even know how to use the camera on my computer but will figure it out!

krystalhartley 07-13-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsay (Post 1011011)
No web cam, video cam or Iphone - I live in the stone age :) Can we play along by doing a layout? If not, I'll still do one anyway - sounds like fun!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17...s/reaction.gif

I want to seeeeee you. :) :wub:

I hope everybody plays along. I was waaaayyyy out of my comfort zone, but I'm glad I did it. :thumbup:

ayaandjudah 07-13-2012 06:35 AM

I don't have a YouTube account. Can I email it to someone tom post here?

krystalhartley 07-13-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayaandjudah (Post 1011016)

Can you not set one up?
Photobucket is an option, too. I imagine there are other options, as well.

Stacey42 07-13-2012 06:54 AM

I did this last time, while visiting my folks, so I was able to find a quiet place other than the bathroom to do it. Not too sure I can manage that at home so I'm going to have scrub the bathtub and buy a new shower curtain before I do mine :)

ayaandjudah 07-13-2012 07:32 AM

I just recorded mine and I sound like the biggest idiot ever.

OK, how do I get it here, do I just post it or do I PM Laura the link?

misfitinmn 07-13-2012 07:38 AM

I'm gonna do it. Even though I hate my chins and my voice. :p

YepBrook 07-13-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayaandjudah (Post 1011016)

I didn't either... I just signed up for one! ;)

Quote:

kim21673 How fun! I don't even know how to use the camera on my computer but will figure it out!
LOL!! I didn't know how to use my webcam either... which is probably why my video kept cutting off. Sooooo annoying. I just plugged mine in and recorded straight from my webcam to YouTube. Here's a little how-to: http://support.google.com/youtube/bi...n&answer=57409

I hope you all do this!!! :wub:

YepBrook 07-13-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfitinmn (Post 1011033)
I'm gonna do it. Even though I hate my chins and my voice. :p

YAAAY! :D

emmasmommy 07-13-2012 07:55 AM

just post your linkie to your video here. i'll add them all to the beginning post eventually so that robin can see them all in one spot :)

i can't wait to see everyones!!!!

ayaandjudah 07-13-2012 08:20 AM

OMG, I look like a big lipped drag queen. I'm horrified.

here goes nothing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdDbNrTXo1I&feature=plcp

eranslow 07-13-2012 08:28 AM

Love it Alisa!! And you so don't sound like a man! And how cool that you know all the capitols - did you have to learn that for a class?

YepBrook 07-13-2012 08:29 AM

Yayyyy, Alisa!!!!! :D Mint chocolate chip is my second favorite ice cream. Yum. I am so impressed that you know the capitol of every country. I am SO bad at Geography. I wish I had that knowledge!

ayaandjudah 07-13-2012 08:32 AM

Erin, no, no need. I'm just a total geek who had a summer job that required me to supervise people who ran the place themselves. So many hours of nothing. Just decided to learn them.

I'm impressed you could all understand my accent. ;-)

krystalhartley 07-13-2012 08:39 AM

Oh Alisa! You are soooo cute! I loved your accent and don't think you sound like a man at all. And I love nerdy facts. :)

LibbysMommy 07-13-2012 08:44 AM

You're so cute Alisa!! Love your accent!! And I think it's so impressive that you know all the capitals!!! Wow!!

kim21673 07-13-2012 08:49 AM

Here's mine! Dorkiness and all!!!!

But there were NO fights while I took the video and only Derek interrupted and had to sit on my lap!! The other boys were watching TV in the other room!!

I am choosing NOT to replay this so I hope it's not that bad and I hope I answered the questions! LOL

After 25 outtakes and a lot of deleted videos....here I am! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4H6RpJQZNI

LibbysMommy 07-13-2012 09:01 AM

Kim I loved your video!! You seem like such an easy person to talk to!! Derek is SO adorable too!! And finally someone else who is afraid of worms like I am...I can't STAND them!!!

KristinCB 07-13-2012 09:04 AM

yayy!! you girls are awesome!!

krystalhartley 07-13-2012 09:15 AM

You are a kindred spirit, Kim. :wub:

Lyd 07-13-2012 10:22 AM

Loved those Alisa and Kim!

I really, really encourage the rest of you gals to do this - it is so fun getting to know everyone better.

And Erin - I LOVED your first video!!!

haydensmommy217 07-13-2012 10:42 AM

I will try to get one done either this weekend most likely Monday. I love watching all these awesome videos.

KristinCB 07-13-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltarbox (Post 1011105)

And Erin - I LOVED your first video!!!

Me too Erin!!! I thought you were awesome!! I even said to terra (my sister) "you will LOVE erin!" and then she went to look and your video wasn't there :(

kim21673 07-13-2012 11:14 AM

I just got done watching everyone's videos!! OMG!!! They are all so awesome!!!

lizzyfizzy 07-13-2012 12:08 PM

these are fabulous! everyone is seriously DARLING!!!

LRaeWoo 07-13-2012 12:20 PM

I LOVE this (& the extra five points doesn't hurt, either). Can't wait to watch all the videos. Only watched yours so far, Laura, and I really enjoyed getting to know you better. I'll do one before the month is up. Rushing to get ready for a vacay right now.

webseitler 07-13-2012 12:32 PM

Okay! It took several tries and I ended up banishing my kids to their rooms, but I did my video: http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/...ideo_00011.mp4

mariewilcox 07-13-2012 12:39 PM

Alisa - It was great! I also LOVE Nelson DeMille books! I could read Gold Coast once a year - LOL

Forgot to add that I have good friends who live in Hewlitt on Long Island :)

I'll try to get one done - I have a web cam on my laptop but not my desktop. I have no idea how to use it! I could also try to use my iPod but not sure how to use that for video either! Can you tell I'm old!?!?

KyRainbow 07-13-2012 12:40 PM

ok, I feel like a total loser in this video, but here it is, lol. Oh and apparently I make a weird clicking sound when I'm nervous and thinking, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co9dV0742SE

eranslow 07-13-2012 12:45 PM

Nicole - I hope I can still be your friend even though I like romance novels.... ;)

oh and I so need me a 9 yr old! LOL

webseitler 07-13-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eranslow (Post 1011162)
Nicole - I hope I can still be your friend even though I like romance novels.... ;)

oh and I so need me a 9 yr old! LOL

Ha ha! Just cause I don't like them doesn't mean we can't be friends... LOL! :hugs:

LibbysMommy 07-13-2012 01:00 PM

LOL!! Erin I was thinking the same thing about needing a 9 year old...I thought 'hmmmm...I need to have a talk with my 7 year old!!' ;)

Nicole you are so sweet!! You seem to be so easygoing and happy!! :)

Sally - love your video too!! So great to get to know you better!!

webseitler 07-13-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyRainbow (Post 1011155)
ok, I feel like a total loser in this video, but here it is, lol. Oh and apparently I make a weird clicking sound when I'm nervous and thinking, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co9dV0742SE

Dude. We all feel like total losers. Welcome to the club! :wub:

webseitler 07-13-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibbysMommy (Post 1011170)
LOL!! Erin I was thinking the same thing about needing a 9 year old...I thought 'hmmmm...I need to have a talk with my 7 year old!!' ;)

Nicole you are so sweet!! You seem to be so easygoing and happy!! :)

Sally - love your video too!! So great to get to know you better!!

Aww! Thanks! I just finished watching yours (trying to catch up and make sure that I've seen them all--LOL!). We have a lot in common! Except how could you NOT LIKE COFFEE?! :blink: