Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's your favorite funny movie? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95535)

Cherylny 03-28-2022 02:09 PM

What's your favorite funny movie?

Do you have a favorite funny movie - one that makes you laugh no matter how many times you've seen it?

Cherylny 03-28-2022 02:10 PM

My daughter and I were talking about this recently and we both agreed that ours was "Liar, Liar" with Jim Carey. I laugh out loud every time I see it.

mirjam 03-28-2022 02:52 PM

Galaxy Quest is one of my favs!

Leablahblah 03-28-2022 03:10 PM

I can’t think of a movie right now but the tv show Family Guy is right up there for me.

stephc777 03-28-2022 03:35 PM

My husband and I just watched Free Guy on Netflix recently. First movie I've laughed really hard at in a while - I think it might have tickled our funny bone so much because we have a teen son who is a gamer. Can't think of a long time favorite comedy right now.

tanyiadeskins 03-28-2022 04:16 PM

Meet the Parent, Meet the Fockers, that line of movies, hilarious :D:D:D

I agree with Free Guy btw, that movie had me cackling and was honest, good-hearted laughter. It was the best movie in a way long time, for sure post COVID

Cherylny 03-28-2022 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirjam (Post 1063092750)

Ohhhhh, I haven't seen that one - thanks, Mirjam!!

Cherylny 03-28-2022 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1063092752)
I can’t think of a movie right now but the tv show Family Guy is right up there for me.

I have to agree with Family Guy - one of my all time faves, too.

Cherylny 03-28-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephc777 (Post 1063092756)
My husband and I just watched Free Guy on Netflix recently. First movie I've laughed really hard at in a while - I think it might have tickled our funny bone so much because we have a teen son who is a gamer. Can't think of a long time favorite comedy right now.

Another show that we'll have to check out! I love getting new ideas for funny movies/shows!

Cherylny 03-28-2022 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins (Post 1063092763)
Meet the Parent, Meet the Fockers, that line of movies, hilarious :D:D:D

I agree with Free Guy btw, that movie had me cackling and was honest, good-hearted laughter. It was the best movie in a way long time, for sure post COVID

OHHHHH it was a real toss up for me between Liar, Liar and Meet The Parents!! I saw them in the theater and almost fell out of my seat laughing.

Need to check out Free Guy!

farrijc 03-28-2022 05:59 PM

10 things I hate about you! It’s a teenage drama but so funny, and I love heath ledger.

Ponytails 03-28-2022 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirjam (Post 1063092750)

A classic! Love that one. I also love Anchorman for sheer laughs... even though it's also very stupid in places, but mostly the stupid bits are stupid-funny.

I just finished watching The Good Place on Netflix. I was so pleasantly surprised at how good it was! Funny and smart, and ok to watch with my 11 year old too. Really original, really funny!!!

angiekey 03-28-2022 07:00 PM

One plus two, plus one, plus one ...

Husbands should be like Kleenex: soft, strong, and disposable.

It's a matter of life after death. Now that he's dead, I have a life.

A double negative? You mean you have photographs?!?

To make a long story short (TOO LATE!) one of my favorite silly funny movies is Clue.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...21-08-Clue.jpg

Cherylny 03-28-2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farrijc (Post 1063092771)
10 things I hate about you! It’s a teenage drama but so funny, and I love heath ledger.

Ohhhhh, that's a good one, too! Very funny!

Cherylny 03-28-2022 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponytails (Post 1063092778)
A classic! Love that one. I also love Anchorman for sheer laughs... even though it's also very stupid in places, but mostly the stupid bits are stupid-funny.

I just finished watching The Good Place on Netflix. I was so pleasantly surprised at how good it was! Funny and smart, and ok to watch with my 11 year old too. Really original, really funny!!!

We'll have to check out The Good Place.

Karen_ 03-29-2022 09:12 AM

I still laugh every time I watch Christmas Vacation. Good old stupid humor. Lol. I also love to watch The Office when I need light hearted funny stuff.

bienejen 03-29-2022 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen_ (Post 1063092814)
I still laugh every time I watch Christmas Vacation. Good old stupid humor. Lol.

My kids claimed they had never watched it so I made them watch with me this last Christmas. I loved watching them get the jokes and laugh along with me. Definitely a family favorite growing up.

I also agree with Anchorman and most of Will Ferrell's movies (Old School!!!) . They're silly but often get me laughing so hard.

And Groundhog Day!

HavaDrPepper 03-29-2022 10:04 AM

Since I don't watch many movies I had to really think about this. I finally thought of one that still makes me laugh even 50 years later. Yep, from 1972.

"What's Up Doc" with Barbara Streisand and Ryan O'Neal. I even did a scene from this movie in a high school speech class. In my opinion, a classic.

Cherylny 03-29-2022 12:49 PM

Quote:

I still laugh every time I watch Christmas Vacation. Good old stupid humor. Lol. I also love to watch The Office when I need light hearted funny stuff.

Those are both classics, too. There are SO many great funny movies.

Cherylny 03-29-2022 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper (Post 1063092821)
Since I don't watch many movies I had to really think about this. I finally thought of one that still makes me laugh even 50 years later. Yep, from 1972.

"What's Up Doc" with Barbara Streisand and Ryan O'Neal. I even did a scene from this movie in a high school speech class. In my opinion, a classic.

Oh my gosh, I had totally forgotten about this! It's hilarious!!

Cherylny 03-29-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bienejen (Post 1063092818)
My kids claimed they had never watched it so I made them watch with me this last Christmas. I loved watching them get the jokes and laugh along with me. Definitely a family favorite growing up.

I also agree with Anchorman and most of Will Ferrell's movies (Old School!!!) . They're silly but often get me laughing so hard.

And Groundhog Day!

More great funny shows!! Groundhog Day and Anchorman are both hilarious!

Cherylny 03-29-2022 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angiekey (Post 1063092782)
One plus two, plus one, plus one ...

Husbands should be like Kleenex: soft, strong, and disposable.

It's a matter of life after death. Now that he's dead, I have a life.

A double negative? You mean you have photographs?!?

To make a long story short (TOO LATE!) one of my favorite silly funny movies is Clue.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...21-08-Clue.jpg

Oh wow these are great layouts!!!

Leablahblah 03-29-2022 01:46 PM

I just remembered two movies that made both my husband and I laugh pretty bad.

21 jump street

The Internship

Pachimac 03-29-2022 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherylny (Post 1063092746)
My daughter and I were talking about this recently and we both agreed that ours was "Liar, Liar" with Jim Carey. I laugh out loud every time I see it.

"...and SPEEDING!!!!!!!"

Pachimac 03-29-2022 03:33 PM

I nearly peed my pants laughing in "Noises Off". That movie was just one laugh after the other, and sometimes even shock laughs.

So the show that I have laughed the hardest in isn't even a movie. It's a TV Show from England called "Top Gear". They had an episode where the guys went camping in trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgRXi2svWPU

I laughed so hard that I popped a blood vessel in my eye. Seriously!!

I think it was because I grew up in a camping family and could relate to a lot of it!

Pachimac 03-29-2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

Oh man, when the cat bit the cord for the tree lights...or the squirrel...or just about everything Cousin Eddie says.

Kimberly27 03-29-2022 04:34 PM

We quote National Lampoon's Christmas vacation every day! Annoys my kids but now they join in with us.

The TV show Psych....my hubby can say dun dun dun..and my son will shout Muffins

Any thing with Adam Sandler is a hit to us. Monty Python was another, Jim Carey movies too. :) Allllrighty then!

sharonbertol 03-29-2022 04:53 PM

I say "Christmas Story" ("you'll shoot your eye out"
DH says Airplane (original)

Txcorey 03-29-2022 05:38 PM

I have several that I love. The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy is my favorite though. I literally laugh til I cry on that one. I also love Christmas Vacation, and several of the Will Ferrell movies including Step Brothers, The Campaign, Blades of Glory and Talledaga nights. These are just so ridiculous, but parts are hilarious, and some of the one liners are classic.

Pachimac 03-29-2022 06:52 PM

We just watched "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" with Melissa and I forgot how stupidly funny that was!! Especially Napoleon not wanting to leave the water park!

joelsgirl 03-29-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angiekey (Post 1063092782)

When I was in element school, we used to go to the movie store every Friday night and we each got to pick out a movie. For like three months straight, I chose clue every week. I still remember my mom trying to convince me to get a different movie, but I loved it so much.
So when my boys were both in elementary school, we streamed it because I couldn’t wait to show them the movie, and it was all kinds of not appropriate! The boys were shocked that I let them watch it, and I was shocked my mom let me watch it when I was their age, lol.

I watched Red Notice on Netflix recently, and it made me laugh so hard. It’s my new favorite movie.

As far as TV shows, we love Brooklyn Nine-Nine, modern family and community.

DawnMarch 03-30-2022 10:46 AM

I agree with Christmas Vacation and Galaxy Quest -- those are two of my favorites. But my most favorite is The Life of Brian from Monty Python.

bienejen 03-30-2022 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberly27 (Post 1063092853)
We quote National Lampoon's Christmas vacation every day! Annoys my kids but now they join in with us.

The TV show Psych....my hubby can say dun dun dun..and my son will shout Muffins

Yes! That was how I got the kids to watch Christmas Vacation - I quote it all the time and they saw a guy at Christmas wearing a sweater of Cousin Eddie emptying the tank and they didn't get it.

My youngest LOVES Psych! That's a great show we can watch any time and pick up on any episode.

jen104 03-30-2022 03:22 PM

Anything (everything) with John Candy ... especially Uncle Buck and The Great Outdoors. I think he's the funniest guy ever, so sad he died so young. More recent fav's - anything with Melissa McCarthy. She's so funny!

Cherylny 03-30-2022 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farrijc (Post 1063092771)

OH I LOVE that one, too!!!

Cherylny 03-30-2022 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1063092839)
I just remembered two movies that made both my husband and I laugh pretty bad.

21 jump street

The Internship

Good ONES!!

Cherylny 03-30-2022 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberly27 (Post 1063092853)

Any thing with Adam Sandler is a hit to us. Monty Python was another, Jim Carey movies too. :) Allllrighty then!

We do the same thing. LOL

Cherylny 03-30-2022 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 1063092870)
When I was in element school, we used to go to the movie store every Friday night and we each got to pick out a movie. For like three months straight, I chose clue every week. I still remember my mom trying to convince me to get a different movie, but I loved it so much.
So when my boys were both in elementary school, we streamed it because I couldn’t wait to show them the movie, and it was all kinds of not appropriate! The boys were shocked that I let them watch it, and I was shocked my mom let me watch it when I was their age, lol.

I watched Red Notice on Netflix recently, and it made me laugh so hard. It’s my new favorite movie.

As far as TV shows, we love Brooklyn Nine-Nine, modern family and community.

Oh my goodness, you just triggered a memory. I LOVE Beverly Hills Cop and couldn't wait to share it with my grandkids. Well, was I embarrassed because it was SO inappropriate. LOL

Cherylny 03-30-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnMarch (Post 1063092922)
I agree with Christmas Vacation and Galaxy Quest -- those are two of my favorites. But my most favorite is The Life of Brian from Monty Python.

Christmas Vacation - LOL!

Cherylny 03-30-2022 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bienejen (Post 1063092923)
Yes! That was how I got the kids to watch Christmas Vacation - I quote it all the time and they saw a guy at Christmas wearing a sweater of Cousin Eddie emptying the tank and they didn't get it.

My youngest LOVES Psych! That's a great show we can watch any time and pick up on any episode.

You guys are killing me!!!!!

Cherylny 03-30-2022 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen104 (Post 1063092933)
Anything (everything) with John Candy ... especially Uncle Buck and The Great Outdoors. I think he's the funniest guy ever, so sad he died so young. More recent fav's - anything with Melissa McCarthy. She's so funny!

OHMYGOSH John Candy was the best!!!

Cherylny 03-30-2022 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pachimac (Post 1063092864)
We just watched "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" with Melissa and I forgot how stupidly funny that was!! Especially Napoleon not wanting to leave the water park!

OH MY that is funny, Susie!!!

lizziej 03-31-2022 02:09 PM

Larry the Cable Guy movies, especially Jingle All the Way 2, Tooth Fairy 2, and Health Inspector. John Candy (gone too soon) movies run a close second, especially Uncle Buck.

I haven't seen Christmas Vacation in years! That is one hilarious movie! We saw Heat about a month ago for the first time - another hilarious movie!

Cherylny 03-31-2022 04:03 PM

Oh my gosh - thanks for all the ideas for movies to watch!

Cherylny 03-31-2022 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizziej (Post 1063093095)
Larry the Cable Guy movies, especially Jingle All the Way 2, Tooth Fairy 2, and Health Inspector. John Candy (gone too soon) movies run a close second, especially Uncle Buck.

I haven't seen Christmas Vacation in years! That is one hilarious movie! We saw Heat about a month ago for the first time - another hilarious movie!

Oh yes, all great funny movies!

keepscrappin 03-31-2022 10:53 PM

I haven't watched any comedies lately, but Home Alone is one that I always love and laugh and laugh at the things Kevin puts the thieves through.

lovely1m 04-04-2022 12:25 PM

Some of my favorite will watch a 1000 times funny movies are:
Clueless
Zombieland
Superbad
Forgetting Sara Marshall
Knocked Up
Elf
Mean Girls
Pitch Perfect

Cherylny 04-04-2022 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepscrappin (Post 1063093185)
I haven't watched any comedies lately, but Home Alone is one that I always love and laugh and laugh at the things Kevin puts the thieves through.

That's definitely a funny movie, Kayla.

Cherylny 04-04-2022 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovely1m (Post 1063093733)
Some of my favorite will watch a 1000 times funny movies are:
Clueless
Zombieland
Superbad
Forgetting Sara Marshall
Knocked Up
Elf
Mean Girls
Pitch Perfect

I've seen Clueless and Knocked Up oh, and Elf. Definitely funny movies!

ninigoesdigi 04-04-2022 05:59 PM

I know I love many but the first one that came to mind was Spy with Melissa McCarthy. She's just the best! Love her sass and sparkle.