Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NSBR: Baby Teeth Poll (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22324)

iJenny 01-18-2009 09:33 PM

NSBR: Baby Teeth Poll

Cameron is almost 7 years old and is losing teeth left-andight. I've been keeping his lost teeth in a little tooth container thingy and it just occurred to me that its sorta disgusting. WHY am I keeping them? My mom kept my baby teeth (at least a few) and I have ZERO desire for them personally.

So, what do you think I should do? Keep them? Or toss them after the tooth fairy makes her rounds?

What do you do? (see poll)

MelissaL88 01-18-2009 09:35 PM

OK...waiting for the poll LOL!

We have kept all the teeth. I'm not really sure what we're gonna do with them, but we have them never-the-less.

kscwgirl 01-18-2009 09:45 PM

we're keeping them. My mom still has all of mine in her jewelry box.

ColleenSwerb 01-18-2009 10:12 PM

I voted for throw them out. Cuz....ick. :p I don't want any of my teeth, I see no reason to keep the kids.

mummytothree 01-18-2009 10:27 PM

See I'm the exact opposite....I'm so sad my mom never kept mine...I would have loved to have them now that I'm grown up!!

I have all my kids teeth in their own little silk bags in my jewlery case, if they want them when they grow up they can have them...if not I'll cherish them forever...in fact I'm getting a little teary eye thinking about throwing out my little girl's F.I.R.S.T (ever) tooth!!! :crying:

ZaCola3 01-18-2009 10:31 PM

Ewww...My mom didn't keep mine and I don't wish I had them.
I have the three Zak had pulled in his baby book...but other than that...I haven't kept them.

tuneskids 01-18-2009 11:01 PM

I have Cody's & Jenna's ... Xander is about to lose his first one (at 6.5 years old - way later than the first two!) and I will more than likely keep his and Quinten's as well. They are in their own containers in my jewelry box.

jessica31876 01-19-2009 01:58 AM

I chose the last. I dont think they were nasty it just isnt something I wanted to keep. I wrote in their books as they got/lost each tooth and I kept other things and have some photos to document their lost teeth and felt like that was enough. I guess it is just something each parent has to decide as their child starts losing teeth. We did do tooth fairy but after the "tooth fairy" got the tooth it was thrown away

LeeAndra 01-19-2009 11:56 AM

I'm all abt keeping memorabilia, but teeth is definitely not one of them. Yuck.

To me, it's abt as gross as keeping your DD's first used tampon or baby's first diaper. It's not like they're going to be able to reuse them down the road.

If God wanted you to keep them, He'd keep them in their heads!! :p

ditzyscrap 01-19-2009 12:00 PM

My mom kept a few of mine in my baby book, but they're nasty, lol. I won't be keeping my kids' teeth.