Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Forum & Gallery Guidelines - Please Read (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314)

Robin Carlton 02-02-2007 04:10 PM

Forum & Gallery Guidelines - Please Read

Welcome to Sweet Shoppe Designs! Here at the Sweet Shoppe we want to create a warm, friendly and open environment! Before you jump in, take some time to read our forum guidelines. They're short and sweet and should be easy enough for everyone to follow!

While at Sweet Shoppe Designs we welcome you to discuss all things related to Digital Scrapbooking! Whether it is the latest trends, publication calls, TOOTS, favorite designers, sales, etc - like you, we too are interested in what’s going on in the digital community! If there is something that you think is absolutely fabulous, chances are a lot of other people will think so too, so please dont feel like you can’t share here because we welcome it! The only thing we ask is that you do your sharing in a respectful manner. Please do not post enabling threads or threads seeking products being sold at another site. Incidental conversation about a great sale is one thing, coming and posting a graphic advertising your site's sale or threads looking to drive business to another store, is quite another. A simple designer name and where you can find their work will suffice, please do not post links to other sites.

Are you a proud member of a particular designer’s creative team? Go ahead and show that team blinkie off with pride! We're scrappers too and we know how much fun being on someone's creative team is and that most of us think of our creative teams as an accomplishment we want to be able to talk about!

Please refrain from using profane and vulgar language and treat your fellow scrappers with respect. We want to create a warm and friendly environment and expect each and every one of our members to contribute towards making it so.

Regarding our new gallery, we are very excited to now have an uploadable member gallery and can't wait for you to share your pages with us. We'd really like for our gallery to be a place for the Sweet Shoppe community to come together and get involved in our challenges, share their pages with us and most importantly, we want our gallery to be a constant source of inspiration on how to use Sweet Shoppe Products.

Keeping that ideal in mind, we'd like to ask that you only post layouts on which you've used some Sweet Shoppe products. At this time, we do not have any specifics on the amount of SSD stuff we require on a page but we do hope you won't take advantage of our loose guidelines to post your layouts where a button is the only Sweet Shoppe product on the page. We sincerely hope that you can understand and respect our wishes for our gallery to be a product showcase of our designer's amazing work! If you are looking for a place to archive all of your pages or market for a creative team, we give our highest recommendation to the wonderful open galleries at Digi Shop Talk or My Scrapbook Art.

Please Note: Due to spam issues, new members to our community have limited posting rights. We kindly ask that you settle in with our community, come say hello HERE (just make a new thread to introduce yourself) and join in the fun. In no time, your access will be automatically increased so you can participate in all of our activities here at SSD.

We hope that you enjoy your time at Sweet Shoppe Designs...while you are here have a cupcake...or a taco!

Thanks so much!
Robin

Rona 02-02-2007 08:21 PM

Well said! :)

Is there a limit on the size and number of blinkies we can put on our siggys? Just wanted to make sure :)

Robin Carlton 02-02-2007 08:37 PM

Nah...use your best judgement and dont be obnoxious with 20 lines of blinkies and I think we'll be ok :D Have fun!!

Robin

nbelen 02-25-2007 09:48 AM

Hi Robin, just wanted to make sure before I post something, so for the challenges like the cookie decorating thing, can we post layouts with papers and designs of other designers? Sorry I'm a newbie in the digiscrap world and im sort of finding my way through :) Thanks!

Christy Lyle 02-25-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbelen (Post 8968)
Hi Robin, just wanted to make sure before I post something, so for the challenges like the cookie decorating thing, can we post layouts with papers and designs of other designers? Sorry I'm a newbie in the digiscrap world and im sort of finding my way through :) Thanks!

Yes! You're absolutely right! I'm looking forward to seeing your layouts :)

lilysmama 02-26-2007 07:10 PM

ok here's another question...as far as posting layouts with only ssd stuff - as long as there is some ssd stuff on the layout is it okay if there is stuff from other sites/designers, too? just wanting to clarify so i don't break any rules! :)

Hom74 02-26-2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilysmama (Post 9692)
ok here's another question...as far as posting layouts with only ssd stuff - as long as there is some ssd stuff on the layout is it okay if there is stuff from other sites/designers, too? just wanting to clarify so i don't break any rules! :)

Yep :)

rocalisa 03-19-2007 03:41 AM

Quick question - can anyone post in a designers gallery if a layout uses mainly their product, or is it only for their CT members?

Hom74 05-31-2007 03:03 AM

just a bump ;)

newfiemountiewife 07-29-2007 11:00 PM

I'm glad I peeked in here again to double check, I have some LOs I have done for other CTs, and stuff, but I think every one I do has about 25% Sweet Shoppe content LOL!

carola 08-04-2007 12:20 PM

Some of my layouts do not have SS content, but some do. Can I post all of them?

lauren grier 08-04-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carola (Post 33329)
Some of my layouts do not have SS content, but some do. Can I post all of them?

Hi! If you made your layouts for one of our challenges it is OK to upload if it does not contain any ssd products (be sure to upload to the correct gallery though! :) ) Otherwise, all other layouts must contain SSD products :) Thanks for asking!

Libby Pritchett 09-02-2007 10:52 AM

Just bumping this up as a reminder since we've got so many new folks posting! :)

lizzyfizzy 03-21-2008 11:39 PM

i'm new and i totally read this 9 months later.

*i, lizzy, do by swear to uphold the sweet shoppe code of honour in the forums and gallery.

amen.

armywife21b2004 06-05-2008 01:04 AM

What size are the LO's usually??

jorgies5 06-05-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armywife21b2004 (Post 139628)
What size are the LO's usually??

I usually post mine at 500 x 500.

armywife21b2004 06-05-2008 01:22 AM

Thanks so much hun! I appreciate the quick reply :)

meganmecrazy 06-24-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Quick question - can anyone post in a designers gallery if a layout uses mainly their product, or is it only for their CT members?
I was wondering the same thing!?

Robin Carlton 06-24-2008 05:56 PM

Megan,

You guys are welcome to post in the designer's gallery if your layout primarily showcases one of their kits! I would recommend that you guys do choose one gallery to upload to and not copy to 5 tho, it's just not neccessary to have so many copies in the gallery most of the time :)

HTH!
Robin

crystalbella77 07-05-2008 11:48 PM

Quick question! :)

Can I link to my DST gallery in my siggy? It's my full one, but I totally understand if I can't!!! :thumbup:

Paula 07-06-2008 02:01 AM

I do mine the Meg way! LOL

alabau 08-17-2008 02:30 PM

What's the best way to upload layouts? Meaning, all of mine are TOO big (file size) but by the time I shrink the dimensions down enough that it's under 150k, you can hardly see them... (Sorry, I'm new here.) Thanks! :)

Darcy Baldwin 08-17-2008 02:37 PM

Depending on your photo editing program, size your layout to 600x600 or 500x500 and use the "save for web" feature under File>Save For Web (primarily Photoshop programs, but I believe PSP programs have something similar). You can then slide the size bar along til you get it to just under 150kb. The other thing to make sure of is that you have flattened your layout first. If you're using a layered layout, they are huge.

alabau 08-17-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin (Post 204210)
Depending on your photo editing program, size your layout to 600x600 or 500x500 and use the "save for web" feature under File>Save For Web (primarily Photoshop programs, but I believe PSP programs have something similar). You can then slide the size bar along til you get it to just under 150kb. The other thing to make sure of is that you have flattened your layout first. If you're using a layered layout, they are huge.

Thank you SO much, Darcy! I'm learning so much these days... it's really fun! :)

fourluvbugs 09-05-2008 04:23 PM

I'm a newbie and just posted my first lo ever -- I've been browsing the work of others here for awhile, but never made one of my own. Now I know I was to read the rules ahead of time, but I was so excited that I made something I was proud of that I didn't realize I was supposed to use things I'd purchased here until afterwards. I realize now that I screwed up. Should I take it down?

jorgies5 09-05-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourluvbugs (Post 223094)
I'm a newbie and just posted my first lo ever -- I've been browsing the work of others here for awhile, but never made one of my own. Now I know I was to read the rules ahead of time, but I was so excited that I made something I was proud of that I didn't realize I was supposed to use things I'd purchased here until afterwards. I realize now that I screwed up. Should I take it down?

It is a beautiful layout, but yes, if it doesn't use Sweet Shoppe products OR it is not for one of our challenges, you will need to delete it. (At least it will make us feel better if you delete it.) I know we all feel bad when we have to delete layouts that don't comply to the guidelines.

fourluvbugs 09-05-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgies5 (Post 223110)
It is a beautiful layout, but yes, if it doesn't use Sweet Shoppe products OR it is not for one of our challenges, you will need to delete it. (At least it will make us feel better if you delete it.) I know we all feel bad when we have to delete layouts that don't comply to the guidelines.

OK -- done. Thanks for your quick reply.

HeatherStokes 09-13-2008 03:39 PM

I am so gald I read this before getting too excited and posting ALL of my layouts...lol

ShortCake 10-06-2008 02:01 PM

Oh boy, good thing I looked here. I don't have much of SSD stuff. :w00t:

livelys 01-04-2009 04:05 PM

A little more help please...

I am feeling so thick as I'm still having problems uploading my first LO. I've flatterened it and saved it as a.gif file, 500x500 pix, so that it is under 150kb, as suggested in a previous post by Darcey, but I still can't get it into my gallery.

What have I forgotten to do? :confused:...I know its probably something really obvious but I haven't a clue.

This is my first EVER (really!) page, and I'd love to add it for the Jan 1st scraplift challenge - so, help!

Sara x

ColleenSwerb 01-04-2009 07:03 PM

I don't think the gallery recognizes gif. Try saving it as a jpg under 150kb.

lizzyfizzy 01-30-2009 12:39 AM

lovemy4kids 02-08-2009 06:51 PM

Thought I should check here before posting in the gallery...

I just made a tote box using Heather's DIY Tote Box template, but I didn't use a SSD kit to decorate it. I'm guessing that I am not supposed to put it in my gallery here, but I thought I’d get that confirmed. (And if I can't, what a great excuse to make another one using a SSD kit. ;) )

Thanks! :)

ditzyscrap 02-08-2009 06:53 PM

Yes you can post it because you DID use a SSD product to create it. :) Same thing goes for my templates - even if you're layout uses other products, the basis is a SSD product. HTH!

kayde 02-21-2009 01:19 AM

Seems easy enough to follow those few guidelines. Just wanted to stop in and say I LOVE y'alls stuff!!!!

Siryn 03-01-2009 05:26 PM

I'm prolly just a moron, but I can't get any of my layouts uploaded. I've resized 'em to heck, but I still get file size errors. Is there a general guideline for sizes that I've overlooked?

AmyM 03-01-2009 05:48 PM

they have to be under 150kb :) You might try saving an extra copy at 72dpi and then using some sort of resize for web option, depends on the program you use to scrap.

Siryn 03-01-2009 05:52 PM

Ok, I'll try that - thank you!

Gloria 04-09-2009 12:48 PM

I stumbled across this site and WOW, your Cookie Decorating challenge wow'd me in a BIG way....I am a designer for Moo Two Designs so rarely buy kits, but do sometimes....and after being so inspired by your layouts in just that one challenge, I'm going to have to open up my checkbook and get some of that wonderful talent in my hard drive!

I LOVE your kits, your templates, your layouts, and will be posting here for sure...but for the record, I'm taking a little digi hiatus to get my life in order, plan the second wedding this year (dd married in February 2009 and ds to be married in September 2009) and work on some paper stuff.....but I will absolutely be here when I can.

Will you be posting designer tutorials? I love your style here and am interested in learning that...there is always soooooooooo much to learn!

Thanks for having me!

yossarian 05-18-2009 09:40 AM

Just wondering if it's okay to post my LO with Zoe's gold member kit for DST? It's the only kit I used but as it's not for sale here I didn't want to post it without checking. TIA ((hugs)) xxx

BrattyMeg 05-18-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yossarian (Post 452605)
Just wondering if it's okay to post my LO with Zoe's gold member kit for DST? It's the only kit I used but as it's not for sale here I didn't want to post it without checking. TIA ((hugs)) xxx

Pretty sure that's fine :)

yossarian 05-18-2009 12:46 PM

Thank you so much Meghan my gallery needs something new :) xxx

Sasha 08-07-2009 03:53 PM

Read & Agreed...cant wait to get started! :)

Debbs 08-29-2009 02:23 PM

sounds great!! I can't wait to look around a little :-) Thanks for having me!!

nylicia 10-24-2009 06:29 PM

I have been reading all the post questions and answers and just want to
do some clarification. Now if I post to the gallery I am to use some of ssd products, with the exceptions of challenges in which I can use other kits.
Now do I have this correct.

Aunti M 10-31-2009 04:09 PM

Tricks to Change Avatar?

I have been trying to change my avatar.
I get this error message: Upload of file failed.
I tried two different ones.
Both were within the size guidelines.
Any suggestions?? Tips? Tricks to try???

Aunti M 10-31-2009 04:12 PM

Hmmm... Now I see it worked...
even though it said it didn't?!?
It's Halloween.. Not April fools!?!?!! LOL!
Sorry.. Guess the 3rd time was a charm!!

Balinda 11-30-2009 08:33 PM

Read and Understoood...but that doesn't mean I won't eventually
screw it all up...so I will pass out the cookies to apologize for it now.:p

Nonnie917 01-04-2010 12:36 PM

I had to reead this because I have been away for over a year. Health issues prevented me from being on the computer. I don't know if I will get back to do layouts yet, but at least I can read the posts and maybe do some lifts.

Victoria Feemster 01-18-2010 12:58 PM

Could someone help me remember how to add my blinkies to my signature? Everything I tried is either not allowed or it just puts the text there. So I'm completely confused and feel DUMB! LOL Help please!