Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Disney Photo Tips (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76758)

JuliaM 03-27-2014 08:34 AM

Disney Photo Tips

I just planned a trip to Disney in November last night and I'm wondering what kind of tips some of you might have for picture taking. I know I'm a bit early but I like to start planning things in advance so. Thanks!

glumirk 03-27-2014 08:55 AM

We are going in November too, and I've been way too excited too. :)

JuliaM 03-27-2014 09:04 AM

It's a long time to wait. It's going to be our first trip there. We've done a couple of day trips in the past while visiting our cousin in Sarasota but never stayed in Disney.

What part of November are you going? We're going to be there in the middle of the month.

nesser1981 03-27-2014 11:38 AM

Get the photo pass, it's worth it if you'll be there for a few days.

Take the camera you feel comfortable taking. Don't miss your trip because you're taking pics. ;) I took my rebel with a kit lens and put on auto for both of our trips with our kids. The pictures may not be perfect, but I got what I wanted.

glumirk 03-27-2014 11:59 AM

We are looking at the week before or the week after Thanksgiving. I've been to Disneyland on a day trip, but this will be my first time in Florida. We've got 3 kids (they will be 5, 3, and 9 months), and my parents are joining us, so I'm sure we won't see much at all in our 3 days of tickets (we also hope to take a day visiting Harry Potter), but I just want the magic while they will believe it the most. I've been preparing by listening to the Capturing Magic podcast and am looking into getting a Photopass.

dana 03-27-2014 01:32 PM

it's great to book a character breakfast inside the park before it opens - then you can take a picture in front of the castle with no crowds around :)

PLM 03-27-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glumirk (Post 1062656150)
We are looking at the week before or the week after Thanksgiving. I've been to Disneyland on a day trip, but this will be my first time in Florida. We've got 3 kids (they will be 5, 3, and 9 months), and my parents are joining us, so I'm sure we won't see much at all in our 3 days of tickets (we also hope to take a day visiting Harry Potter), but I just want the magic while they will believe it the most. I've been preparing by listening to the Capturing Magic podcast and am looking into getting a Photopass.

Okay, I'm not from America, so I really have no idea. I would also say, enjoy the trip and take pictures when you can, but don't disturb yourself with wanting to take the perfect picture...

Glumirk, what do you mean by visting Harry Potter? Is there also something like an entertainment parc from it???? Sorry for my stupid question :o...

Nettio 03-27-2014 04:11 PM

As an alternative to buying the Photopass, most of the Photopass photographers will offer to take photos with your own camera as well. I found I got better photos this way since I could control the settings and they weren't all blasted by flash like theirs tended to be.

eranslow 03-27-2014 04:49 PM

If you get PhotoPass - don't forget that your photos expire a month later. I learned this the hard way :(

PurdueLiz 03-27-2014 09:26 PM

We were just there Oct/Nov of 2013. Someone else mentioned taking their DSLR with a kit lens. That's what I did as well and it worked great for me. It wasn't *too heavy* and I got some pretty good shots. If you can afford PhotoPass I would say go for it. That time of year is great though, the lines are so much shorter. Hubby and I kept telling the kids how lucky they were, there were some rides we practically walked right on.

JuliaM 03-28-2014 03:54 PM

We had the Memory Maker photo pass added on to the package. We so rarely remember to take pictures of ourselves, we thought it would be a great idea.

I just recently bought a new camera - Sony Alpha 58. In addition to the kit lens, I also got a 50-300mm lens which I do plan on taking with me...and probably will use it more often. Part of vacation for me is taking really great pictures. I was looking at photos on this site last night - http://tombricker.smugmug.com/ and wishing I could get pics that good. Of course, I'm not going to be bringing a tripod with me, I don't have quite the assortment of lenses that were used, etc. Hey, I can dream, though, right.

scrap2day 03-28-2014 07:30 PM

I'm late to the party but I just wanted to say that I loved the photopass and would get it again. Glad to see that you added it. You'll be happy to have photos of the two of you together. Have fun.

And don't forget to ask the photographer about Magic Shots.