Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   QOTD DSD Style: What challenges do you like to most? (10/02) (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91426)

Saar 10-02-2019 12:33 AM

QOTD DSD Style: What challenges do you like to most? (10/02)

DSD usually includes a lot of fun challenges like scavenger hunts, scrap challenges, get to know each other challenges, ... some are easy, some are harder.
What kind of challenges do you like most and why? Do you like challenges that don't take a lot of time? Or do you like speed scraps?
Let me know. :wub:

tanyiadeskins 10-02-2019 08:20 AM

I have a love hate relationship with scraplifts because Im a template scrapper lol but that being said they also make me stretch my skills. I like when we do the one where you scraplift the person that posted before you, so it makes you get out of your comfort zone and also see someone elses gallery ya know?

I also really enjoy all of the social challenges where we post a lot like word games or photo games etc :wub:

I CANT WAIT! Im so ready to shop!

Neverland Scraps 10-02-2019 11:26 AM

I'm game for anything. While I'd like to say that I cleared my schedule for this weekend, I'm "single-parenting" it for a couple of weeks and I just couldn't free up my Saturday. I'm hoping we can get our stuff done and back at a reasonable timeframe as well as that the kiddos respect my scrapping time; that they aren't so demanding (like hey I want to go to the movies, the mall, etc).

This is silly and I know it. About the only thing I'm not fond of are the ones that don't have definitive answers, like guessing game. But that's only because I can't find the answers by myself to know if I'm right. That and I'm SO impatient that I have to wait until someone comes back with the correct answers. I always submit my answer and then I second-guess, worry that my answers are so wrong and won't count. When you know the answers are right, you know it counted and there's no worry/stress about it. That's me though, I overthink EVERYTHING! :mellow:

I really LOVE the sketch challenges, I think those are my favorite. A few years ago, SSD had them on their FB page and I stumbled upon them while browsing FB--they were my best and favorite activity that year!

LynnZant 10-02-2019 11:54 AM

Template challenges!

bcgal00 10-02-2019 12:36 PM

I love scraplifts! Or a recipe builder or template challenge. But, hey, it's all fun!!!

icindi 10-02-2019 02:44 PM

I enjoy them all, as long as I can get them done! If there's too many scrapping challenges that it stresses me out it takes some of the fun out of it!

tanyiadeskins 10-02-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnZant (Post 1062974088)
Template challenges!

omg yes the SSD Cookies!!! :wub:

StacyLynn 10-02-2019 07:08 PM

I'm game for just about anything!! Can't wait!! This will be my first time being able to play along I hope!!!! (only a few small commitments this weekend!!

stephc777 10-02-2019 08:13 PM

I liked the scavenger hunts and the word games. I would prefer not too many scrapping ones because I am so slow and often don't have long periods to spend on the computer over the weekend because my family is home.

aussiegirl 10-02-2019 09:30 PM

I would say any of the games. I don't do well on scrapping challenges during a weekend event like DSD because there is so much going on. I want to shop (if it's in the budget), and play games, and leave love and download my goodies. That doesn't leave a lot of time to scrap, because I'm afraid I'll miss a game which is a chance to win or earn a prize.

If I had to pick a scrapping challenge, my favorite is to combine 2 different templates! I love that one!

rach3975 10-02-2019 10:39 PM

I like scrapping challenges (especially templates, recipes, and speed scraps) that lead to completed pages and any non-scrapping challenges which can be completed quickly. Best case scenario is that I get 4-5 layouts done over the entire weekend, so there always end up being some great challenges that I just run out of time for. That's also why I skip the time consuming non-scrapping challenges like scavenger hunts--I'd never scrap anything if I tried to do it all!

chastml 10-03-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephc777 (Post 1062974162)
I liked the scavenger hunts and the word games. I would prefer not too many scrapping ones because I am so slow and often don't have long periods to spend on the computer over the weekend because my family is home.

I second everything Steph said!

Neverland Scraps 10-03-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiegirl (Post 1062974172)
I would say any of the games. I don't do well on scrapping challenges during a weekend event like DSD because there is so much going on. I want to shop (if it's in the budget), and play games, and leave love and download my goodies. That doesn't leave a lot of time to scrap, because I'm afraid I'll miss a game which is a chance to win or earn a prize.

If I had to pick a scrapping challenge, my favorite is to combine 2 different templates! I love that one!

Yes! That one is fun. Can be challenging, but oh so much fun!

Saar 10-04-2019 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icindi (Post 1062974121)
I enjoy them all, as long as I can get them done! If there's too many scrapping challenges that it stresses me out it takes some of the fun out of it!

I can totally relate to that!
All those challenges can get very overwhelming.

Saar 10-04-2019 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephc777 (Post 1062974162)

Scavenger hunts are my fave as well. :wub:

aurian 10-04-2019 07:48 AM

The sketch/template challenges are my favourites because I can complete them in my own time during DSD. Speed scraps I find a lot harder these days (4 young kids, and they no longer nap), but when I do get the time to actually complete one, there's such a thrill at completing a time-related goal!

The social games are good fun too. :)

ChristineF 10-04-2019 09:41 AM

Scrapping challenges because they make me work outside my comfort zone and teach myself something new. Also it helps me scrap when I’m it feeling like scrapping.

Leablahblah 10-04-2019 02:14 PM

I absolutely prefer challenges that don't involve a lot of time. I feel so overwhelmed when it's a scrap challenge because there is already the monthly challenges happening and it adds another dimension I don't want to think about.

Scrapping a page for example takes way too long unless it's a scraplift.

ellasspace 10-04-2019 02:18 PM

I like template and scraplift the best. I personally find hunts and word searches more time consuming.