Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New discoveries (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84425)

kendallt 04-20-2016 08:33 AM

New discoveries

You know how something will be around forever, but for whatever reason, you're just now trying/finding out about it? I'm completely OBSESSED with salsa verde. Like, it's the only thing I want to eat allll the time! :w00t: Do you have any "new to you" discoveries to share?

LeeAndra 04-20-2016 09:12 AM

In between current shows, I've been watching 'Chuck.' I never watched it when it was actually on air.

I :wub: Chuck & Morgan SO MUCH.

Libby Pritchett 04-20-2016 09:15 AM

I *loved* Chuck! We just watched it on Netflix last year, and I was SO sad when we finished it!

BrattyMeg 04-20-2016 10:13 AM

LOVED Chuck and Salsa Verde haha

My new thing is avocados....i know i know been around forever but I just started eating them a few months ago and i wanna smear it on everything!

kendallt 04-20-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat (Post 1062817535)
My new thing is avocados....i know i know been around forever but I just started eating them a few months ago and i wanna smear it on everything!

OMGosh! I just discovered avocados recently myself! Whyyyy did it take me so long? :D

Valgal 04-20-2016 12:02 PM

You just discovered avocados?????

Food wise, I started eating goat cheese on my salad last summer and I wanted to cry because I've missed out on so many years of this amazing food.

Other discoveries, I took a condensed Myers Briggs personality test last month and got the same results that I got about 2 years ago from a different one. INFJ. Did some looking into it and all my weirdo things about myself that always make me think something is wrong with me and it turns out it is just my personality. Who knew? It's like someone just wrote a story of my life, lol! I am now obsessed with personality blogs/books/talks.

kendallt 04-20-2016 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valgal (Post 1062817559)
You just discovered avocados????

I know, right?! For some reason, I always had it in my head that they were nasty. And then I tried them. :p

KristinCB 04-20-2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valgal (Post 1062817559)
Other discoveries, I took a condensed Myers Briggs personality test last month and got the same results that I got about 2 years ago from a different one. INFJ. Did some looking into it and all my weirdo things about myself that always make me think something is wrong with me and it turns out it is just my personality. Who knew? It's like someone just wrote a story of my life, lol! I am now obsessed with personality blogs/books/talks.

I'm fascinated with myers briggs tests!! i'm INFP

Sweeet 04-20-2016 03:45 PM

Fried Pickles or mushrooms....OMG ever since I tried them, I'm hooked! If I see they're offered at a restaurant, I GOTTA have 'em......and lastly, alligator. Yep.....it's amaaaaaaaayzing!

Valgal 04-20-2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinCB (Post 1062817573)
I'm fascinated with myers briggs tests!! i'm INFP

Isn't it neat? I want to pick this up https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/..._Understand_Me

YepBrook 04-20-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweeet (Post 1062817587)
Fried Pickles or mushrooms....OMG ever since I tried them, I'm hooked! If I see they're offered at a restaurant, I GOTTA have 'em......and lastly, alligator. Yep.....it's amaaaaaaaayzing!

Oh my gosh, YES, fried pickles! They are so good, i never thought to order them before. So glad my friend did. And the place I first tried them had a spicy dipping sauce that made them even more amazing!

jak 04-20-2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendallt (Post 1062817566)
I know, right?! For some reason, I always had it in my head that they were nasty. And then I tried them. :p

I still think they're nasty!! I have tried soooo many times to try to like them, but I just can't. I think its the mushy texture rather than the taste.

joelsgirl 04-20-2016 07:58 PM

Yes to fried pickles and avacado and Chuck! If you like avacado, this is a great recipe: Tuna Stuffed Avacado.

I've recently discovered The Wingfeather Saga. The author said he wanted to create a story in the spirit of The Lord of the Rings and The Princess Bride. The first book is a little slow at first, but after I finished the second one, I bought the next two immediately and finished them in a few days. Page-turning, nail biting, fun adventure books. I am reading them to my kids, but I'm the biggest fan.

KristinCB 04-20-2016 08:13 PM

I recently found the love for avocado too!!

That looks like a great book, val!!

nietis 04-20-2016 08:19 PM

You girls are missing out a lotttttt! I love avocados ever since I was little. Try juicing them, put some chocolate sauce in them, yummy! :p

LeeAndra 04-20-2016 08:38 PM

I love AP, Kellie. :wub: :wub: :wub:

One of my all-time favorite albums ever is his (& this is my favorite song on it):

Nothing to Say

He came to our college to perform back in 1999, I think, and then I saw him again in 2005.

bcgal00 04-21-2016 12:53 AM

I love salsa verde...especially on eggs. I discovered it last summer.

hollyxann 04-21-2016 01:00 AM

I love all things Mexican food lol Bring on the avocados, salsa verde, and guacamole! I've always loved fried pickles!

I've noticed that as I get older my tastes have changed and I like more things now than I did before.

lovely1m 04-21-2016 09:49 AM

I still hate avacados, too, they totally fit what I eat so I keep trying, but nope, don't like them.

I was recently obsessed with Parks & Rec. It's so funny, I should have watched it a long time ago.

carrie1977 04-21-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollyxann (Post 1062817685)
I love all things Mexican food lol Bring on the avocados, salsa verde, and guacamole! I've always loved fried pickles!

I've noticed that as I get older my tastes have changed and I like more things now than I did before.

Totally this!!

I'm obsessed with Wholly Guacamole products...these are my faves:

I use this as a dip for my carrots...I also mix this with hard-boiled eggs to make egg salad instead of mayo...
http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce0...d733c75.v2.jpg

I mix this with chicken and brown rice....yummy...
http://eatwholly.com/wp-content/uplo...cado-verde.png

Jennifer 04-21-2016 11:03 AM

Feta cheese. I'm obsessed.