Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Long Awaited Vacation!! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91596)

aussiegirl 11-08-2019 10:17 AM

Long Awaited Vacation!!

Next week, we leave for our 1st Disney cruise, following by a visit to Universal Studios Orlando! We are so excited, but busy getting all the last minute details taken care of!

We aren't telling extended family, but will have plenty of memories to scrap when we get home! :)

Leablahblah 11-08-2019 11:31 AM

wow!! How wonderful!!!

Just curious... why aren't you telling extended family?

craftytam 11-08-2019 12:28 PM

I hope you have an amazing time, Dawn!! I can't wait to see your pages when you get home.

kendallt 11-08-2019 01:14 PM

Oh, how awesome!! Two things on my travel bucket list! Can't wait to see your photos when you return. :) Have an amazing time!

jacinda 11-08-2019 01:51 PM

How exciting! We'll be going to Universal Orlando in January. I'd love it if you could share your tips and tricks once you're back.

rach3975 11-08-2019 06:28 PM

That sounds like an amazing trip. I hope you have a fantastic time and take lots of photos.

cherrygutz 11-08-2019 07:51 PM

Wow, so exciting! It's on daughter's bucket list! Have fun!

bcgal00 11-08-2019 08:22 PM

That's exciting, have fun and you'll get so many wonderful photos to scrap when you return!

scrappinnewbie 11-08-2019 08:29 PM

Have a great time Dawn! We love Disney cruising! Are you guys participating in the fish extender gift exchange? My girls had a blast giving and getting little gifts.

Universal is also awesome. Enjoy!

joelsgirl 11-08-2019 09:33 PM

Have so much fun! I'm super curious, too, about why you are keeping it a secret. Will you keep it a secret afterwards, too?

nietis 11-09-2019 07:59 AM

Have a wonderful vacation, Dawn!

icindi 11-09-2019 11:17 AM

So exciting! Hoping for an amazing trip for you!

Saar 11-09-2019 12:27 PM

Enjoy your vacation! Have a great time!

Neverland Scraps 11-09-2019 03:27 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3oEjH...il44/giphy.gif

I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!
I'll miss you while you are gone, but the layouts and memories that you will be scrapping when you get back will be so much fun!!

Safe travels! :wub:

aussiegirl 11-09-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1062978098)
wow!! How wonderful!!!

Just curious... why aren't you telling extended family?

I will tell you all, since you are my digi family. My husband's mom is very judgemental. We are traveling with my husband's cousin and his family. They travel to Disney once a year and my MIL complains every time. Our thought, if they have the money, who are we to tell them what to do. We don't use credit cards, so we are paying cash for the full trip! But we don't want her (them) ruining our excitement over this trip with their negativity.

Will we tell them when we get home? I don't know. If they ask if we went on vacation or something comes up, we will tell them we went to Florida, but not the cruise portion.

aussiegirl 11-09-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacinda (Post 1062978119)
How exciting! We'll be going to Universal Orlando in January. I'd love it if you could share your tips and tricks once you're back.

OH definitely! I'll send you some PM's when we get back with any tips or hints from all my planning! :)

aussiegirl 11-09-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinnewbie (Post 1062978147)
Have a great time Dawn! We love Disney cruising! Are you guys participating in the fish extender gift exchange? My girls had a blast giving and getting little gifts.

Universal is also awesome. Enjoy!

This cruise is only a 3 night. Our girls got motion sickness when they were younger, so we want to start out small and see how they do! We didn't want sickness to ruin a full week long trip! If they do well, maybe we'll take another one!

We aren't doing the FE, just because of the short length of the trip. BUT, since it's a Merrytime Cruise, we are doing an Ornament exchange which will be fun! :)

scrappinnewbie 11-09-2019 08:08 PM

Ooo an ornament exchange sounds very fun!

I hope everyone does well on the trip with no motion sickness.

Have a great time!

Leablahblah 11-09-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiegirl (Post 1062978203)
I will tell you all, since you are my digi family. My husband's mom is very judgemental. We are traveling with my husband's cousin and his family. They travel to Disney once a year and my MIL complains every time. Our thought, if they have the money, who are we to tell them what to do. We don't use credit cards, so we are paying cash for the full trip! But we don't want her (them) ruining our excitement over this trip with their negativity.

Will we tell them when we get home? I don't know. If they ask if we went on vacation or something comes up, we will tell them we went to Florida, but not the cruise portion.

Makes sense! I would probably do the same thing. Negativity is what I avoid most of all.