Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   sooo um designer call?? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61275)

jessica31876 02-18-2012 09:40 AM

sooo um designer call??

So just curious who if anyone are you hoping to see join Sweet Shoppe as a new designer? I have one person in mind. She is already here in the community too but designs at another store. But you know don't want to give it away LOL. So tell me if you have any hopes for who it might be?

scrapmommaof3 02-18-2012 09:49 AM

I would love to see Jady Day Studio (Yari) here. That would be awesome!

hollyxann 02-18-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapmommaof3 (Post 938816)

:thumbup::thumbup::wub:

Lisa_mommy2Two 02-18-2012 09:51 AM

I'll second that!! Would love to see Yari here, her designs and style fit in perfectly. :)

cardinalskate 02-18-2012 09:52 AM

I thought Yari, too, but she JUST moved shoppes, so I doubt she's gonna.

I'd love to see NeeNee's temps here (Jeanye Labaya Designs).

Gemma 02-18-2012 09:52 AM

I can't wait to see who makes it!!! :D

jessica31876 02-18-2012 10:00 AM

See that is what I thought too. I so love her designs and is one of the few people I shop outside of SSD. OK so who else I would love...Crystal Livesay, Sara Gleason and the girl who does Busy Bee Designs? I do not know her name but love her templates. Not sure if SSD's looking for template designers or not. But right now that is all I can think of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalskate (Post 938820)
I thought Yari, too, but she JUST moved shoppes, so I doubt she's gonna.

Gemma 02-18-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessica31876 (Post 938827)
See that is what I thought too. I so love her designs and is one of the few people I shop outside of SSD. OK so who else I would love...Crystal Livesay, Sara Gleason and the girl who does Busy Bee Designs? I do not know her name but love her templates. Not sure if SSD's looking for template designers or not. But right now that is all I can think of.

She's called Sasha :) And I'm not just saying it as I'm on her team but she is awesome! :thumbup:

pewtertm 02-18-2012 10:04 AM

Yari
Kristin Aagard

TheHybridMess 02-18-2012 10:09 AM

Yari would be my first choice too... Also Kate Hadfield, Kristin Aagard and Kay Miller. Then I'd have all my favourites under one roof.

LJSDesigns 02-18-2012 10:14 AM

Kristin Aagard
Lyndsey Riches
Traci Stroud
Captivated Visions

Nettio 02-18-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHybridMess (Post 938834)
Yari would be my first choice too... Also Kate Hadfield, Kristin Aagard and Kay Miller. Then I'd have all my favourites under one roof.

Pretty sure Kay Miller was a designer here once before - back when I first became a Babe.

LJSDesigns 02-18-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nettio (Post 938838)
Pretty sure Kay Miller was a designer here once before - back when I first became a Babe.

I'm glad you said that, as I was thinking the same thing but wasn't certain. :)

jessica31876 02-18-2012 10:23 AM

I think I have every template she has ever made (even freebies) So um yea I pretty much love her designs :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemma (Post 938829)
She's called Sasha :) And I'm not just saying it as I'm on her team but she is awesome! :thumbup:

jessica31876 02-18-2012 10:24 AM

yep because I still have a kit she made with Traci Reed back then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nettio (Post 938838)

ayaandjudah 02-18-2012 10:26 AM

I'd love to see Secret Stash, Jady Day, Tracie Stroud and Captivated Visions

KimberlyMorris 02-18-2012 10:33 AM

Tracie Stroud for me

*Celeste* 02-18-2012 10:33 AM

sahlin studio would be awesome!

LJSDesigns 02-18-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayaandjudah (Post 938842)
I'd love to see Secret Stash, Jady Day, Tracie Stroud and Captivated Visions

I wasn't familiar with Secret Stash so had to go take a fast look. Liked what I saw. :)

LJSDesigns 02-18-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Celeste* (Post 938846)
sahlin studio would be awesome!

Definitely! Can't believe I forgot her. :)

heathergw 02-18-2012 10:36 AM

I have a huge list lol

Tracie Stroud
Captivated Visions
Ju Kneipp
Sahlin Studio
Allison Pennington
Sara Gleason
Fiddle-Dee-Dee
One Little Bird
Val Wibbens
Paislee Press
Creashens

I know I'm missing some, I'm away from my desk so those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head

TeriBeary 02-18-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapmommaof3 (Post 938816)

:thumbup:

Jengerbread88 02-18-2012 10:47 AM

Nettio, Alabau, JadyDay, and Lena! I'd love to see any or all of them come here...

taracotta7 02-18-2012 10:51 AM

I am just excited!!!!!! There are a few I would like to see and they have already been mentioned.

DeepGirl 02-18-2012 10:51 AM

I would love to see JDrag Designs... that girl makes sooo pretty kits!

Another favourite of mine is Agnes Biró.

Paula 02-18-2012 11:04 AM

Well, outside of the designers here, I only use stuff from CD Muckosky and Kate Hadfield, but they have pretty solid gigs at The Lily Pad.

calvinawalsh 02-18-2012 11:05 AM

I would love to see these designers here in my favorite shoppe:
--Kay Miller
--Jady Day Studios
--Nettio
--Fiddle-dee-dee

Darcy Baldwin 02-18-2012 11:08 AM

Well, I'll offer one piece of advice - if you have someone that you'd love to see here - be sure to encourage them to apply!!!!

iScrap 02-18-2012 11:13 AM

I just can't wait to see who joins the team here! So exciting!

calvinawalsh 02-18-2012 11:21 AM

Does anyone know how many new designers the Shoppe is going to take on?

Robin Carlton 02-18-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvinawalsh (Post 938886)
Does anyone know how many new designers the Shoppe is going to take on?

We don't know how many we're going to take. It all depends on who applies and who we really truly love. I agree 100% with Darcy though, if you'd love to see someone apply, be sure to encourage them to check us out or even contact me for more info.

abm234 02-18-2012 11:55 AM

Of all those people already mentioned the only one I've heard of is Jady Day and I think its because she has done a scoop with somebody else here. I don't have the energy or desire to shop elsewhere. I love my SSD!

SweetMelissa 02-18-2012 12:18 PM

Wait you mean there are other designers outside of SSD? I may have to get out more.. On second thought.. Naw.

I do know that whoever Robin adds will be a very talented & gifted designer (just like the rest of them :) ).

Ginger_79 02-18-2012 12:50 PM

Well, I agree Yari's and Kay's designs fit in here well, but as someone said they just joined other stores. There are a lot of the Lilypad girls I love, but I don't think it would be too smart a choice for most of them style-wise. The Orchard ladies are definitely closer in general feel of the kits.

However, what I am secretly hoping for is that it's someone I don't know yet. I know it's normal, that it might be someone I have seen around, but it would be more fun for me otherwise. Maybe that way I would discover some new designs I would miss otherwise.

scrappurple 02-18-2012 01:17 PM

Stolen Moments Designs ... :wub:

nun69 02-18-2012 01:27 PM

I would love to see:
Jay Day Studio
Kristin Agard
Kay MIller
Tabatha & Lena {Bella Gypsy Designs}
NeeNee {templates}
Nettio

SeattleSheri 02-18-2012 01:35 PM

Good luck to everyone that applies!! So exciting!!

kim21673 02-18-2012 01:39 PM

So excited to see who joins the design team! I would LOVE to see Jady Day Studios and Kristin Aagard here!!! They are two of my favorite designers outside of SSD!!!

laurabobaura 02-18-2012 01:47 PM

good luck to the girls (or guys?) that end up applying, just don't steal any of my Orchard Girls! ;)

pomi 02-18-2012 02:53 PM

Jady Day Studio
Kristin Aagard
Captivated Visions
Nikki Beaudreau

Andrea Gourley 02-18-2012 02:53 PM

My life would be complete if Mary Fran from Nitwit would come over

mummytothree 02-18-2012 03:02 PM

I don't shop outside SSD so I really don't know what else is "out there" but I'm so excited to see who joins. It's always exciting to be exposed to new goodies!!! :thumbup:

cardinalskate 02-18-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heathergw (Post 938854)
I have a huge list lol

Tracie Stroud
Captivated Visions
Ju Kneipp
Sahlin Studio
Allison Pennington
Sara Gleason
Fiddle-Dee-Dee
One Little Bird
Val Wibbens
Paislee Press
Creashens

Yes, and yes, and yes!! All of these!

heathergw 02-18-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginger_79 (Post 938918)
Well, I agree Yari's and Kay's designs fit in here well, but as someone said they just joined other stores. There are a lot of the Lilypad girls I love, but I don't think it would be too smart a choice for most of them style-wise. The Orchard ladies are definitely closer in general feel of the kits.

Personally, I'd really love to see something different style-wise actually, and broaden the community here, I'd love to see more shabby and vintage stuff like Sahlin Studio and Ju Kneipp and also some clean and simple styles like One Little Bird and Paislee Press... I'd also love some more worn and doodley stuff like Captivated Visions, Tracie Stroud, Val Wibbens... It would be fun to have some multi- media stuff here like the art journaling.

Robin Carlton 02-18-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heathergw (Post 938975)
Personally, I'd really love to see something different style-wise actually, and broaden the community here, I'd love to see more shabby and vintage stuff like Sahlin Studio and Ju Kneipp and also some clean and simple styles like One Little Bird and Paislee Press... I'd also love some more worn and doodley stuff like Captivated Visions, Tracie Stroud, Val Wibbens... It would be fun to have some multi- media stuff here like the art journaling.

For the record, I agree with you completely Heather! I'm really excited to see who takes the plunge and applies!

Ginger_79 02-18-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Yeah well, I think I bought from all of the above no matter where they are. :) I certainly would like them here as well. Especially as I love practically everything Krista and Jenn do together...
I just really love when my av shops bring in new faces. It's so much fun discovering new designs.

YepBrook 02-18-2012 04:10 PM

Valorie Wibbens
Sahlin Studio
Kristin Aagard
CD Muckosky
Kaye Winiecki
Kitty Designs

calvinawalsh 02-18-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

This would be a great idea (in my opinion) to add some different styles of kits. Personally, I would love someone who does kits with a more grownup slant versus kits that are great for kids but not really geared to grownups.

kscwgirl 02-18-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurabobaura (Post 938936)
good luck to the girls (or guys?) that end up applying, just don't steal any of my Orchard Girls! ;)

:D lol um if they apply, it's not stealing :p

I have no preference really for who comes over but I'm sure they will be awesome additions!!

kscwgirl 02-18-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

I totally agree with this. :)