Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Lurking Question...... (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61643)

Kjersti 03-01-2012 03:38 PM

Random Lurking Question......

How long did you lurk around the SSD blog, shop, and forums before you posted a layout?

For me it was a full YEAR.

winipeg1 03-01-2012 03:43 PM

just over a year- joined in Jan 2010 my first post was March 2011 :o

Amber Dixon 03-01-2012 03:45 PM

I joined in 2008 when I guest CT'd for Krystal Hartley and posted my first layout during that time. I didn't make any forum posts or additional gallery posts until just last month though (Feb 2012!) I have spent a lot of time browsing the gallery and forum and buying things in the shope between then and now though. So I guess to actually answer your question, I lurked for over three years!

jessica31876 03-01-2012 03:58 PM

oh I was here for that stand up and scrap (I think that was what it was called?). Then I did the digi-scrap race thing where there was a challenge here. I did not join until after that and I think that was 2008ish? I did not start posting regularly though until a few months after I joined

iScrap 03-01-2012 04:02 PM

I lurked for about 3 years. I was always a shopper, but never active in any forums or communities. One of my friends talked me into doing CT stuff, so I hopped around some, but nothing fit right. I love it here, though. Everyone just seems to have fun and support each other. That's worth sticking around for :)

Gemma 03-01-2012 04:15 PM

I joined in Jan 2010 and I posted a page pretty quickly after I joined

I didn't realise there was forums/gallery when I used to shop earlier than that but I jumped in as soon as I found it! :)

SeattleSheri 03-01-2012 04:22 PM

I pretty much jumped right in!

mummytothree 03-01-2012 04:26 PM

Well I joined La's team in December 2007 and only hung out in her forum ( I was about to birth baby #4 and then I was quite busy) and just posted my pages with her stuff in the gallery! Then in March of 2008 I started doing the challenges and hanging in the main forum!!!

kim21673 03-01-2012 04:50 PM

I lurked for a few months before I posted in the gallery and forums and then I decided that I sucked so I didn't post another layout for quite a while! LOL

kristijoy 03-01-2012 04:53 PM

I think for me it was only a few weeks...I discovered that awesome Portfolio!!

lizzyfizzy 03-01-2012 05:26 PM

back in the spring of 2008, i dove right in. said hello and then within a week i made my first ever digital layout. pretty fun stuff!

webseitler 03-01-2012 05:54 PM

I am still lurking. Look at my post count! :D I come here to check on CT stuff... and stay for the conversation. Have been ever since KH arrived.

Before that... I lurked and never posted. I was always too scared that someone would say "Why is she posting here?" But after four years, I have so many friends here in this community who also randomly stop by that I feel a lot better saying hi every now and again. :)

LJSDesigns 03-01-2012 06:15 PM

It feels like I have lurked forever. I've shopped here for a good long while, and in 2010 I joined the community, but I didn't really start posting until January of this year. Then I jumped in with both feet. :)

Sherri Tierney 03-01-2012 08:06 PM

My join date is 3/27/10. I lurked for long before that, like since SSD opened. I started posting (in the forums and gallery) in February. That's a lotta lurking when you consider the, umm... 6 years since SSD opened. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by webseitler (Post 945990)
I am still lurking. Look at my post count! :D I come here to check on CT stuff... and say for the conversation. Have been ever since KH arrived.

Before that... I lurked and never posted. I was always too scared that someone would say "Why is she posting here?" But after four years, I have so many friends here in this community who also randomly stop by that I feel a lot better saying hi every now and again. :)

I didn't post in the forums for the same reason. Well, maybe not exactly the same but I still felt like I shouldn't be posting here because I was a designer elsewhere and I've always felt strongly about being loyal to the stores you are in, the forums and all. I spent like 5 years posting pretty much daily at Elemental Scraps and then felt lost when they closed and I lost my digital home.

I'll also admit that I didn't post here because long ago the old owner of ES created some drama with some gals here and though I didn't condone any of it, and was not directly a part of any of it, I was on the ES admin team at the time and kind of felt like people here may be looking poorly at me because of the stuff this person did. Said person is no longer part of the community and its been years since I've had any contact with her.

I decided this time that since I am on hiatus from designing and wearing my scrapper hat right now that its a good time to jump in. So many people I know post here (lots of my old co-designers from other stores and even several gals who used to be on my CT, etc.) so it feels familiar. :)

rach3975 03-01-2012 09:15 PM

A very long time! I first visited on opening day, and I think the gallery wasn't even open to customers at that point. At that time my digi home was Scrapbook Bytes, and I wasn't looking to get that involved in a 2nd community. Over time my digi home became DST, but I still shopped and sometimes lurked here. Eventually the feel and type of LOs over at DST changed, and I was looking for a new home with great challenges, friendly people, and a gallery where my paper-style layouts would fit in. Enter SSD. My forum join date is Dec. 2007 and my first LO seems to have been in spring 2008. (I would have sworn it was earlier, but I guess the gallery doesn't lie.)

Kjersti 03-01-2012 10:55 PM

I can't believe that it took me a year....I have so many sweet friends here now. I wish I would have jumped in sooner!!

So....if you're lurking out there.....START POSTING.....WE'D LOVE TO HAVE YOU!

Paula 03-02-2012 03:27 PM

I didn't lurk, I jumped right in. At the time I joined, you could do the challenges and not have to use SSD stuff. But, I was really glad when they changed that because I only shop here and one other place. :)

mrshobbes 03-02-2012 08:18 PM

Uuuuh, I joined in 2008. I only started chatting "regularly" January last year, lol.

littlemissca 03-02-2012 08:24 PM

Umm, well, too long!
I loved the look of digital scrap booking pages but never had the "stuff" so I would admire from a far!
I am so very glad I joined though...you are all really friendly!

SweetMelissa 03-02-2012 08:25 PM

A couple of months.

NatalieKW 03-02-2012 08:25 PM

Let's see...I joined in Nov. 2009 and uploaded my first layout in Dec. 2009. I didn't become talkative in the forums though until Spring of last year, probably. I posted some, but not too much.

NeverendingJen 03-03-2012 12:11 AM

forever, lol.

Mari Koegelenberg 03-03-2012 01:17 PM

umm still lurking! lol

dailydwellin 03-03-2012 01:25 PM

A LONG time...I'll have to go back to look at my join date. Okay, my join date was May 2011, so it hasn't been an entire year, yet...not as bad as I thought. I absolutely LOVE the designers here, and have done the challenges on my own, but I just started posting in the forum and gallery regularly this year.

alabau 03-03-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webseitler (Post 945990)
I am still lurking. Look at my post count! :D
... I was always too scared that someone would say "Why is she posting here?":)

This is SO me! I've been a bit more active lately, but still feel a bit awkward posting (naturally very shy/introverted in real life). I'm loving the little bits and pieces I'm learning about everyone though, and have had several community members welcome me with open arms, so that's always a nice feeling... :wub: