Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Not the original flavor combinations.... (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91071)

scrappinnewbie 07-15-2019 07:31 PM

Not the original flavor combinations....

So the girls reminded me that I said we would do a blind M&M taste test at one of their sleepovers. I said I would get lots of the regular and limited edition flavors and see how many they could ID. You know caramel, peanut butter, pretzel, raspberry, mint, white chocolate, hazelnut spread, coconut, the normal ones...etc...

It made me wonder... Have you found a limited edition flavor combination on any of release that you have really liked? Something you wish would be available all the time?

It could be M&M's, Potato Chips, Oreos, Coffee Creamer...etc...

Just curious.

Neverland Scraps 07-15-2019 07:37 PM

I'd like to say yes, but I'm so picky and don't like change that I don't even bother trying new things :crying:

nietis 07-16-2019 12:06 AM

We did try some limited edition flavors of oreos; green tea, hawthorn berry, char siu, rose and some other that I can't remember. I'd say I prefer the original ones and even those, we don't buy and eat them so often.

JennNtheBoys 07-16-2019 07:02 AM

I prefer the classics... regular and peanut. but I did enjoy the mint and coffee bean m&m's. I typically stay away from limited edition flavours though.... nothing I hate more than falling in love with a new snack and then it not being available the next time I am looking for it.

LynnZant 07-16-2019 07:25 AM

My DD tried white chocolate M&Ms this summer and loved them. Not sure if they are limited or not, but I haven't seen them around everywhere. She also like the Shamrock shakes from McD's.

JenniferJ 07-16-2019 08:26 AM

Don't know if this counts but I Love the Nacho Fries from Taco Bell and they only have them like once a year. That's why I hate trying things like that because if you find something you like........

craftytam 07-16-2019 12:04 PM

I like peanut, peanut butter, caramel & mint. Other than that, I guess I'm too picky to try. I bought jalapeno M&Ms for my kids to try (I was too scared. LOL!). The jalapeno did not pass the taste test! Nobody liked them! :p

Leablahblah 07-16-2019 03:15 PM

I really like the peanut butter M&M's but I think they make those regularly now.

carrie1977 07-18-2019 07:45 AM

I like to buy the Peppermint Oreos at Christmastime. I don't know if you've ever had Trader Joe's Peppermint JoJo's that come out at Christmastime. They are peppermint cookies like oreos, dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy. So, when I buy the Peppermint Oroes I make my own form of those cookies. Super easy and yummy and cheaper.

Sherri Tierney 07-19-2019 05:47 PM

Too many times! I hate trying limited edition things now because I find I do like a lot of things that I can't find later. :( Cranberry Twist, for example. It was a fall thing and I haven't found it in years.

scrappinnewbie 07-20-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062965439)
I like peanut, peanut butter, caramel & mint. Other than that, I guess I'm too picky to try. I bought jalapeno M&Ms for my kids to try (I was too scared. LOL!). The jalapeno did not pass the taste test! Nobody liked them! :p

They didn't pass the taste test at our house either. Nor did the Candy Corn or Pumpkin flavored ones.

scrappinnewbie 07-20-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie1977 (Post 1062965586)
I like to buy the Peppermint Oreos at Christmastime. I don't know if you've ever had Trader Joe's Peppermint JoJo's that come out at Christmastime. They are peppermint cookies like oreos, dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy. So, when I buy the Peppermint Oroes I make my own form of those cookies. Super easy and yummy and cheaper.

Great idea! We love the peppermint Oreos. Thanks for the suggestion.

craftytam 07-20-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinnewbie (Post 1062965764)
They didn't pass the taste test at our house either. Nor did the Candy Corn or Pumpkin flavored ones.

I've given up on trying new flavors! LOL! They usually aren't very good.

carrie1977 07-23-2019 10:46 AM

I bought some Oreos this weekend that are Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream flavored. So.Yummy.

bcgal00 07-23-2019 06:07 PM

I love pumpkin so every fall I stock up on Trader Joes pumpkin flavored coffee. I don't buy flavored coffee creamer anymore b/c of the sugar but I used to love the limited editions especially anything with caramel/gingerbread.

hwong 08-06-2019 03:54 AM

Rootbeer Float Oreos!
It was a limited summer flavor a couple years ago. The kids and I still cross our fingers every summer that they'll re-release it.
Shhhhh I might have stashed a box in my nightstand to enjoy all by myself those many years ago ;)

amy_hart 08-06-2019 10:29 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pumpkin pie and candy corn M&M's!

scrappinnewbie 08-06-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hwong (Post 1062967707)
Rootbeer Float Oreos!
It was a limited summer flavor a couple years ago. The kids and I still cross our fingers every summer that they'll re-release it.
Shhhhh I might have stashed a box in my nightstand to enjoy all by myself those many years ago ;)

I haven't heard of this favorite combo.... my girls would have LOVED this one. DH too. It is probably a good thing we missed it...lol

scrappinnewbie 08-06-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie1977 (Post 1062965899)
I bought some Oreos this weekend that are Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream flavored. So.Yummy.

I love all things mint. Just reading this makes my mouth water. I need to void seeing this combo or it might fall into my shopping card. Just sayin!