Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Friday Five 03/24 (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96889)

bcgal00 03-24-2023 12:18 PM

Friday Five 03/24

I want to hear all about your "down time", how you relax.
  1. Do you schedule "me time" into your day or is it spontaneous, your routine is different every day?
  2. What is your favorite thing to do on a weekend?
  3. Is your "me time" spent scrapping or do you have other hobbies too?
  4. Do you find it difficult to find "me time", is your schedule very busy? If so, with what?
  5. What is your nightly routine, after dinner? Do you get to relax a bit?

bcgal00 03-24-2023 12:34 PM

1. Do you schedule "me time" into your day or is it spontaneous, your routine is different every day?

Generally, I head up to my scrap space in the morning, after watching the news, drinking a coffee or two, getting out to feed the birds and playing with the dogs. Then I have my "me time" on the 3rd floor where I am away from the noise of hubs' tv or videos blaring and I can quietly scrap, watch tv or youtube on my phone or read (although I've not read much). Sometimes I am on a photo walk so I'm not on the computer until I get back in the afternoon, and then I am loading and editing photos but might scrap a page while doing this.

2. What is your favorite thing to do on a weekend?

I've got a photographer friend who I go out with on photo walks some wkends. Otherwise, I'm generally home, saving the errands and shopping for weekdays when it is less busy on the roads and at the stores.

3. Is your "me time" spent scrapping or do you have other hobbies too?

I gave up my other hobbies once I became immersed in scrapping. Reading was the only hobby I continued but this last year I have really slacked off since we moved, I have only read a few books but I think I'll get back into it more again.

4. Do you find it difficult to find "me time", is your schedule very busy? If so, with what?

I don't find it difficult, per se, but I do always seem to have things to do to keep me busy. I make time for myself, I think that is important, and will slip away from the main part of the house to do my own thing. It's funny b/c when I quit working I thought I'd have endless days of nothing to do...not true at all. I seem to fill up my days as much as when I was working but now it is not stressful, it is not a job, a chore, it is just my varied life activities.

5. What is your nightly routine, after dinner? Do you get to relax a bit?

After I clean up, put on coffee for the morning, I head upstairs to get jammies on, I get on the computer for a bit and then come down to watch movies/tv shows with hubs for 2-3 hours. I play with the dogs on the floor while watching and then they eventually lay beside me on the floor and chill until bedtime. I like our quiet night time.

rach3975 03-25-2023 01:04 AM

Do you schedule "me time" into your day or is it spontaneous, your routine is different every day?
Although parts of my schedule differ by the day, Monday to Friday any time I get for myself is late at night, once everything else is done. Usually 9 or 10 pm. Weekends I try to get some during the day, too.

What is your favorite thing to do on a weekend?

If no one is complaining or being negative (a big ask with 3 teens), I love to spend time with my family. I'm not that picky about what we're doing as long as we're together. Other than that, I love having down time for scrapping, crocheting, or whatever else I want to do.

Is your "me time" spent scrapping or do you have other hobbies too?
For years it was nearly all spent scrapping (while listening to audiobooks). In the last year my homework and some family stuff have sapped all my mental energy, which means I'm reaching for mindless things like my crochet project or YouTube videos instead of scrapping. I'm hoping things will turn around this summer!

Do you find it difficult to find "me time", is your schedule very busy? If so, with what?
Yes! Family, grad school, work, lately soooo many appointments connected to the kids (doctors and other people for some health stuff my DD is dealing with, school appointments as we do some testing and decision making for my 17 year old son with disabilities)

What is your nightly routine, after dinner? Do you get to relax a bit?
By the time I clean the kitchen from dinner it's usually 8 or so. After that there are usually a few things on my must-do list, usually family related. Then I sit down at my computer, but I have to start by checking emails since I probably didn't get to those all day. By the time I get through any replies or other actions, it's 9 or 10 and I can have the rest of the evening to myself.

Stefanie 03-25-2023 02:06 AM

Do you schedule "me time" into your day or is it spontaneous, your routine is different every day? Because the kids are all adults now I don't need to collect them and do extra murals, so pretty much my time is my own. Grocery shopping, cooking etc.
What is your favorite thing to do on a weekend? I love little drives to new places, day trippin.
Is your "me time" spent scrapping or do you have other hobbies too? Scrapping, taking photos and sometimes a spot of crochet.
Do you find it difficult to find "me time", is your schedule very busy? If so, with what? Nope, not really.
What is your nightly routine, after dinner? Do you get to relax a bit? After supper it's doing dishes and watching tv and crocheting. Then getting ready for bed.

littlekiwi 03-25-2023 04:34 AM

Do you schedule "me time" into your day or is it spontaneous, your routine is different every day? different routine everyday depending on if I am home alone or not
What is your favorite thing to do on a weekend? scrap or sleep!
Is your "me time" spent scrapping or do you have other hobbies too? Just scrapping, can't afford anything else at the moment
Do you find it difficult to find "me time", is your schedule very busy? If so, with what? Yes & no, depends on the week. If I have a lot on with my job hunt then scrapping gets pushed back but at the moment its been pretty quiet on that front unfortunately
What is your nightly routine, after dinner? Do you get to relax a bit? Generally because I eat dinner quite late, I tend to just go to bed after I have scrolled a bit on social media or watched an episode or two of my fave reality shows

lovely1m 03-25-2023 12:19 PM

Do you schedule "me time" into your day or is it spontaneous, your routine is different every day?
No, I don't schedule it at all.
What is your favorite thing to do on a weekend? I like to wake up early, but lay in bed playing on my phone and relaxing for a bit. Then I get up and get ready and clean up the great room a bit while starting laundry. Then I sit down with my coffee & a book before I move on to some homework (I am in grad school). Then I browse the internet & watch TV. I usually have something family time or time with my kiddo planned during the weekend.
Is your "me time" spent scrapping or do you have other hobbies too? I also enjoy reading a lot.
Do you find it difficult to find "me time", is your schedule very busy? If so, with what? It is very busy, but I try to find some time to do what I want to make myself relax.
What is your nightly routine, after dinner? Do you get to relax a bit? After supper, I usually take my downtime then. I watch TV, chat with my family, and then shower and read in bed before going to sleep. I wake up at 5:30 am so I don't stay up too late.

AmieN1 03-25-2023 02:20 PM

I would say more spontaneous. I work 2 days a week- so those days don't have much extra time.

Winter- NOTHING- relax & movie/binging a series day
Summer- Lake house- relaxing on the beach & boat

Definitely scrapping but I do love to read, bake and do other crafty things

Do you find it difficult to find "me time", is your schedule very busy? If so, with what?
Yes- during most of the year. My kids are at busy ages with sports & activities and social lives. On my work days- sometimes my 'me' time is just grabbing Starbucks after work as a treat. On off days, I try to take 30 mins to sit in the hot tub with coffee in the mornings- that just MAKES my day & really helps my back/neck.

After cleanup, if no one has a game or somewhere to be, we like to watch some tv or play cards. Sometimes this is also when I sneak away to get some scrapping done. I also usually drink a cup of hot coffee or tea while hubby & I watch our shows after kids are in bed & house is quiet- we usually go to bed pretty late- around 11 or midnight so we can get that "us" time in just hanging out together.

JillW 03-25-2023 10:15 PM

Since retiring, I don't need to schedule "me time" - I can have that time whenever I want - lol - and it's the best feeling ever!

We don't do much at all on the weekends since we have all week to do things and stores, restaurants, etc are not as crowed during the week

I've gotten into making paper cards again, but scrapping takes up the biggest majority of my hobby time

Our schedule really isn't all too busy most of the time. Sometimes we do have something to do just about every day of the week, but those weeks are far and few between

After dinner I clean up the kitchen and then we watch the evening news. I usually scrap a little after that (while I stream a show on my laptop while hubby watches the TV) and then I take a bath before heading to bed

Kimberly27 03-25-2023 10:42 PM

Do you schedule "me time" into your day or is it spontaneous, your routine is different every day? My days are for me mostly...once I get everyone off to work and school. Occasionally, I have laundry or pick up or grocery shopping but mostly I have the day to myself...binge a show, scrapbook etc

What is your favorite thing to do on a weekend? Since I get up around 6 all week, my Saturday is for sleeping and laying around. We also use that time to run errands, big grocery shopping that I can't do (like Costco/Sams). Sundays are for church...I have to be there at 845 bc I am on the praise team and have practice then church starts at 930 for Life Groups and then worship at 1050. After church is lunch and a nap if I am lucky.
Is your "me time" spent scrapping or do you have other hobbies too? Scrapping, reading or watching tv

Do you find it difficult to find "me time", is your schedule very busy? If so, with what? Not really...I only have 1 kid to run everywhere and that isn't too much, the big kid is working and does he own thing usually. The youngest is at school from 730 to 530 bc of extra curriculars.

What is your nightly routine, after dinner? Do you get to relax a bit? This depends on the night. Monday, my youngest has gymnastics at 730, Wednesday is church 630 to 730 for youngest and I stay till 9 for Choir and Praise team...Rest of the nights we usually eat in front of the tv, clean as we go and chill. We are early to bed most nights by 10pm

SeattleSheri 03-25-2023 10:55 PM

1. Do you schedule "me time" into your day or is it spontaneous, your routine is different every day? My lifestyle doesn't really lend itself to scheduled me time, but I'm grateful when I get some!
  2. What is your favorite thing to do on a weekend? Not work ;)
  3. Is your "me time" spent scrapping or do you have other hobbies too? I also enjoy going to my kids' events and photography
  4. Do you find it difficult to find "me time", is your schedule very busy? If so, with what? On weekdays I'm in meetings starting from 6-8am to 2-4pm - which equates to about 10 meetings a day, in addition to whatever comes up as a mom to 3, etc ...
  5. What is your nightly routine, after dinner? Do you get to relax a bit? It really depends on the day

nietis 03-26-2023 08:58 AM

1. Do you schedule "me time" into your day or is it spontaneous, your routine is different every day? Now that we have a 2yo in our midst, things are different every day. But, I still try to have a me time after dinner, when everyone else is watching videos on other computers.
  2. What is your favorite thing to do on a weekend? Right now, sleeping in. Though it does not as often as I want it to be.
  3. Is your "me time" spent scrapping or do you have other hobbies too? At the moment, it is mostly scrapping. However, sometimes, I do watch K-drama.
  4. Do you find it difficult to find "me time", is your schedule very busy? If so, with what? Yes, it is very hard with a 2yo in our midst, as I have said. Things are always not a routine each day. But, this too shall pass and she'll grow older and things will settle.
  5. What is your nightly routine, after dinner? Do you get to relax a bit? If I can, I'd turn on my laptop to scrap or check SSD forum or watch an episode of k-drama.

cherrygutz 03-26-2023 02:15 PM

Most of the time, my "me time" is when my daughter is at school, my husband behind me working and I can scrap. But that's on weekdays.

I guess sleeping in. My husband lets me sleep in and I truly appreciate it.

I also read, crochet, I listen to podcast while doing the treadmil. But I think my "me time" is truly when I'm on the treadmil because I could spend an hour and a half or more on there while I listen to music, podcast or watch on my ipad.

Sometimes days were busy especially when my daughter has math homework and she and her dad is in the dining room doing it, I need to be there because they sometimes "fight" over pie and triangles and MDAS :D and I am the referee. So I will be like, "it's either Daddy will help you with Math or I will." And she'll be like, "umm no thank you, just Daddy." :D

Sometimes or most of the time, when life was really busy, I stay up late and relax, those late time is when I can truly relax.

After I clean up everything, tuck my daughter to bed, if there's no basketball (because I also watch it), my husband and I will watch a movie (or finish up a movie we started), then we'll pause it in the middle (that is if we're not really too interested on the movie) then we'll talk or use our phone. Sometimes I will go back to scrapping, taking advantage while my computer is not acting up.

StacyLynn 03-28-2023 02:13 PM

Some Me Time is scheduled, like walks, gym, exercise.... naptime for the littles is usually my scraptime.

I like to take big walks/hikes on the weekends.

I have other hobbies.... I like all crafts... but I have been doing a lot of quilting lately, which I enjoy so much that I told my oldest that when she moves out, her room will be my sewing room.

Week days can be crazy for me time. I could disappear after dinner but then hubby and I would not see each other all day. He gets up at 4:30 for work and I get up at 5 so I can exercise before work. I work 7-4:30ish and he gets home at 5:30, so we have some long days.

I try to walk or hit the gym some days, but others I try to sit with hubby ...he watches TV and I will scrap, crochet or sew in the living room with him.