Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just about to get in the car to take my baby boy to Recruitment school *sniff sniff (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90288)

Kitartas 02-10-2019 05:43 PM

Just about to get in the car to take my baby boy to Recruitment school *sniff sniff

Not sure what you call it in the US but it's boot camp/basic training for the Navy

He'll be gone for 3 months, 3 states away

Kiana 02-10-2019 05:49 PM

Awww be strong momma!!! Give him lots of hugs!

Neverland Scraps 02-10-2019 05:54 PM

Oh no!!! It's a rough time for sure, I can't imagine as a mother dropping your son off at Recruitment School. As a wife of a soldier, immerse yourself with other mothers (speaking for you of course), who have children in the military. They can be a huge source of comfort and encouragement when you need it, as can you be for them! It's a huge change, but the rewards are so amazing when you see them in their uniform and proud of their service to their country! Sadly, it's a long road ahead for both of you, send him letters (when you get his address), but don't expect him to call or write home because they keep them very busy!

And as always, if you need someone to vent, we are all here for you!! Good luck to your son. Praying for him during these next few months! :wub:

Kitartas 02-10-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062946500)
Oh no!!! It's a rough time for sure, I can't imagine as a mother dropping your son off at Recruitment School. As a wife of a soldier, immerse yourself with other mothers (speaking for you of course), who have children in the military. They can be a huge source of comfort and encouragement when you need it, as can you be for them! It's a huge change, but the rewards are so amazing when you see them in their uniform and proud of their service to their country! Sadly, it's a long road ahead for both of you, send him letters (when you get his address), but don't expect him to call or write home because they keep them very busy!

And as always, if you need someone to vent, we are all here for you!! Good luck to your son. Praying for him during these next few months! :wub:

Thanks Wendy for your words of support and prayers. I’m freaking out but already as proud as I could ever be, he has wanted this since he was 8 - this is literally his dream come true. They get their phones on weekends from week 4 onwards (with good behavior of course) but knowing the way he is he will be focused on what he is doing and won’t be too worried about calling us. his girlfriend is busting to ask someone whether we can send packages

He’s the one in my gallery that I just scrapped his 13th birthday (I’m a bit behind lol)

Neverland Scraps 02-10-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitartas (Post 1062946506)
Thanks Wendy for your words of support and prayers. I’m freaking out but already as proud as I could ever be, he has wanted this since he was 8 - this is literally his dream come true. They get their phones on weekends from week 4 onwards (with good behavior of course) but knowing the way he is he will be focused on what he is doing and won’t be too worried about calling us. his girlfriend is busting to ask someone whether we can send packages

He’s the one in my gallery that I just scrapped his 13th birthday (I’m a bit behind lol)

when my husband did basic training, he wasn't allowed packages but letters. They also hold them for good behavior and for extra work. We wrote to him all the time while he was in Basic, but he never once wrote back. He did call the first few days with his address, but then we never heard back from him until a week before he graduated to tell us the date of graduation. It was a stressful time of not talking to him, but honestly looking back, it compared to nothing like when he was deployed! You know he's safe there, doing what he's always dreamed of doing! :wub:

carrie1977 02-10-2019 07:19 PM

Sending you hugs, mama!

rach3975 02-10-2019 11:02 PM

I hope the 3 months passes quickly! (And that he loves it and checks in sometimes!)

mrsashbaugh 02-10-2019 11:08 PM

Congrats to your son making it to his dream! Big hugs to you mama and I love Wendy's advice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk