Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Amber Shaw Gone but Not Forgotten (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90836)

Kiana 05-21-2019 05:45 PM

Amber Shaw Gone but Not Forgotten

I must have been feeling this was close....almost 1 year since the passing of such a beautiful soul.

She's been popping up in my thoughts, and I even scrapped with one of her kits yesterday night.

Sending hugs to everyone here that knew her better than I did. I know we all miss her. Please say a prayer for the family and children she left behind during this weekend as I'm sure they'll need some extra strength. :wub::wub::wub:

Neverland Scraps 05-21-2019 06:31 PM

I know you aren't getting the beautiful collaboration that the designers created for Amber's GoFundMe, but it's still active and receiving donations
https://www.gofundme.com/5lodx4o

I think of Amber all the time. While I didn't know her like many here, I knew her talent and have watched her grow/blossom in this business. It was amazing to see her as an up and coming designer to this amazing talent that has passed a year ago. :( Her family is always on my heart and often in our prayers. She touched so many with her kindness and talent! :wub:

KingsQueen82 05-21-2019 06:38 PM

I think of Amber every single day. I miss her so much and often think that if I miss her this much then I can't begin to imagine how much her children, other family and closer friends do. :(

Kiana 05-21-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062960952)
I know you aren't getting the beautiful collaboration that the designers created for Amber's GoFundMe, but it's still active and receiving donations
https://www.gofundme.com/5lodx4o

I think of Amber all the time. While I didn't know her like many here, I knew her talent and have watched her grow/blossom in this business. It was amazing to see her as an up and coming designer to this amazing talent that has passed a year ago. :( Her family is always on my heart and often in our prayers. She touched so many with her kindness and talent! :wub:

:wub::wub::wub:

hollyxann 05-21-2019 09:09 PM

I was actually just thinking about her while I was going through kits on my computer. I miss her designs :( I miss her infectious smile.
I knew it was getting close to being a year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SeattleSheri 05-21-2019 09:14 PM

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

scrappurple 05-21-2019 09:18 PM

I miss Eva K too. :( Just so sudden ...

nietis 05-21-2019 09:26 PM

I am thinking of her more often than not, praying that her loved ones are doing well.

KristinCB 05-21-2019 09:33 PM

it still doesn't even feel real to me :(

carrie1977 05-21-2019 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinCB (Post 1062960981)
it still doesn't even feel real to me :(

Same. :crying:

Saar 05-22-2019 02:47 AM

I think about her all the time. And since the beginning of May, I think about her even more. Like others said, it still feels so unreal.

wendyp 05-22-2019 06:19 AM

I think a lot about her too. I had to swallow when it was her birthday and her picture was on top of my newsfeed on FB. Happy I have her notebook, a little piece of her where even my kids know from who it is and what happened.

And like Kristen it still doesn't feel real

LynnZant 05-22-2019 07:01 AM

I still use her kits with Flergs a lot, so I think of her and her family often. Big hugs to all of you who knew her well.

Leablahblah 05-22-2019 03:38 PM

I can't believe it's been almost a year.

bcgal00 05-22-2019 04:54 PM

It's so sad to remember. I didn't know her personally but have a number of her kits from Scrap Orchard and Pixels and Co. I have one her old scrapstacks too. What a tribute to the wonderful person she must have been to be so prevalent in everyone's thoughts now.

craftytam 05-22-2019 09:59 PM

Amber touched so many lives, and in a way lives on in her creations each time we use her kits. I've thought about her family and pray that they are doing well. This past year went by so quickly.

eve11ne 05-23-2019 02:13 AM

I miss her... :crying: and her kits :wub:

cherrygutz 05-23-2019 06:43 PM

Same here. Whenever I open my kits folder I see her kits on top...

scrappinnewbie 05-23-2019 08:29 PM

I think of Amber almost daily. When I open FB on my desktop, I see her beautiful face. We did a lot of messaging so I find myself re-reading our conversations and sobbing. She was such an amazing woman.

She has been heavy on my heart this month. I still can't believe she is gone. I love her designs, but miss our friendship more.

I am glad this post was started. She made such an impact on people. She is gone, but more definitely never forgotten.

mariewilcox 05-24-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappurple (Post 1062960974)
I miss Eva K too. :( Just so sudden ...

Me too - I loved working on her CT and she was such a wonderful person - 2 souls gone long before they should have been :crying: