Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bummed (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90899)

icindi 06-06-2019 11:15 AM

Bummed

I leave Saturday to chaperone my son's senior trip with a group of 7 teens, guys and girls. My friend was supposed to go with me but can't because her husband broke his ankle and had surgery today and he needs help here at home.
I am trying to psych myself up that I can still have fun even I end up going alone. If I have to stay at the house because all the kids don't leave at once I can sun on the deck, and it's closer to the bathroom and air conditioning, right? I am determined to have fun somehow!!! I am definitely taking my computer. Maybe I'll have a lot of scrapping time, that's something to look forward to! Sigh.

LJSDesigns 06-06-2019 01:37 PM

So sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I hope he heals quickly.

I hate it when plans go awry like that. It's so hard for me to mentally rearrange things and just go with the flow, so I understand how you are feeling.

Under the circumstances you described, I would take something good to read too. I love reading and never have enough time for it. If I were you, I would think about something you enjoy doing on your own that you don't usually have time for and bring the stuff for it with you. Maybe that is scrapping, but maybe there is something else as well.

I hope you do enjoy your time. :)

knittingbec 06-06-2019 09:46 PM

It stinks when plans change like that! Last fall, my good friend & I had plans to go see Hamilton-2nd time for both of us, but 1st time together. We usually see each other twice a year, but since I was moving out of the country, we were looking at this as "our last hurrah" for a while. We decided to splurge on great tickets, our texts almost always included Hamilton lyrics as well as a days-and-hours countdown.... two days before, her husband was rushed to the hospital and she had to cancel. I think we're still getting over it! ;)

I think you'll still find a way to enjoy yourself (trips with friends are great, but it's hard to catch up on reading or scrapbooking in the company of others) and as a bonus....I think the two of you deserve a special girls trip (without the teens, ha!) once her husband has recovered to make up for it!

icindi 06-06-2019 09:46 PM

Oh yes definitely bringing books!!! They’ve had a rough week and he’s very active so no weight on his foot for 6 weeks is going to be really tough. Me, I could relax and read or scrap but it’s hard for him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joelsgirl 06-07-2019 07:49 AM

Sorry your plans didn't work out, but a week away still sounds fun! And maybe you'll end up having some meaningful conversations with a kid or two; kids that age have a fun energy, right on the brink of adulthood.

bcgal00 06-07-2019 11:16 AM

Sorry to hear your friend can't make it. More scrapping time sounds great though. Maybe some quiet "me" time will be enjoyable.

craftytam 06-07-2019 02:03 PM

It's a bummer when big plans have to change. I'm sorry about that.
But, it sounds like you'll have some alone time to just do what you want. I'm glad you have things planned out, and I hope you have a wonderful time!

LynnZant 06-07-2019 02:05 PM

I wish you an uneventful trip with no emergencies since you will be on your own as a chaperone. Alone time can be fun too!

icindi 06-07-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knittingbec (Post 1062962381)
It stinks when plans change like that! Last fall, my good friend & I had plans to go see Hamilton-2nd time for both of us, but 1st time together. We usually see each other twice a year, but since I was moving out of the country, we were looking at this as "our last hurrah" for a while. We decided to splurge on great tickets, our texts almost always included Hamilton lyrics as well as a days-and-hours countdown.... two days before, her husband was rushed to the hospital and she had to cancel. I think we're still getting over it! ;)

Oh Rebecca, I don't think I'd be over that either!! Here's hoping you can do something else together ,even better than your Hamilton plans, someday!

icindi 06-07-2019 06:05 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. My friend decided she can go after all!! She got help for her dogs, and her husband got a scooter, so he can get around a little better now. Yay!!

LynnZant 06-07-2019 08:12 PM

Hurray! How fun!

knittingbec 06-08-2019 01:20 AM

Yay! You'll enjoy it even more since you almost lost the chance!

Sherri Tierney 06-09-2019 12:30 AM

How awesome that it appears to have worked out! Yay!