Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Qotd: Do you scrap chronologically (12/3) (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88007)

Saar 12-03-2017 03:01 AM

Qotd: Do you scrap chronologically (12/3)

Do you scrap chronologically?

I used to scrap chronologically, but I changed my strategy and now I don't anymore.
I participate in challenges and felt sometimes restricted because the photos I needed to scrap didn't meet the requirement of the challenge. Since I don't scrap chronologically anymore, I feel more 'free' and I like my pages more and more.

How about you?

KingsQueen82 12-03-2017 03:17 AM

No, I scrap whatever fits my mood or my CT kits at the moment. I agree with you regarding the "free" feeling however I feel like I can never print in photobooks b/c I dislike jumping around from year to year in the same book so I have to print single pages and rearrange all the time. I guess that's not the worst thing ever though b/c I'm always thumbing through pages and enjoying them over and over again as I re-organize! :)

KateD 12-03-2017 03:40 AM

I make both physical pocket pages and digital layouts. My digital pages are all over the place. I scrap what I feel like and then file them chronologically in the albums.

I do try to scrap the pocket page albums chronologically, although I tend to jump around quite a bit in those albums, too. Generally, I'll start a month and work through to the end of the month, then I may pick a month for a different year to work on. Although, I guess I usually scrap through the years chronologically, too, I just switch between years.

I'd jump around even when I was making physical pages in Creative Memories albums. I tried to scrap chronologically, but ended up with lots of albums with sticky notes on blank pages. Thank goodness for 3ing binders; they've made my scrappy life a lot easier! :)

renatasluis 12-03-2017 04:17 AM

Yes i do.
The only time that i don't is when i do a challenge.and using the challenge lo in an album.then i look wich photo fits the challenge

allyanne 12-03-2017 08:13 AM

I prefer to scrap chronologically, especially my Project Life pages, but I do often look back through my archives and choose photos to rescrap, or those I haven't scrapped before. I print photo books, and I try to stay pretty current. That said, I enjoy going back to older photos and seeing how little my son used to be. Also, my style has changed and skills have improved, so it's fun to re-do old pages.

karlimarie 12-03-2017 08:21 AM

I am working on a weekly album of my son’s first year, in real time. I’m also doing monthly review pages and monthly comparison photos that I’ll turn into a page at the end of the year. Apart from that, I scrap whatever I feel like. I like to scrap challenges, so I’ll oftenuse whatever pics fit the theme.

Saar 12-03-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyanne (Post 1062894181)
I prefer to scrap chronologically, especially my Project Life pages, but I do often look back through my archives and choose photos to rescrap, or those I haven't scrapped before. I print photo books, and I try to stay pretty current. That said, I enjoy going back to older photos and seeing how little my son used to be. Also, my style has changed and skills have improved, so it's fun to re-do old pages.

I print photo books as well. No single pages for me.
So it takes me longer to print an album now. But that's ok.

rach3975 12-03-2017 10:09 AM

I used to scrap traditional pages in whatever order I felt like and Project Life pages in order. But last year I switched to printing photo books, and I print those chronologically. So I basically work on one time period at a time. For example, right now I'm finishing up January to April 2017, and then I'll print a book of the first third of the year. Within January to April I skip around (and I'm up to July 2017 in Project Life), but I try to stick with that 4 month period unless a CT kit calls for different photos.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

tjscraps 12-03-2017 10:15 AM

I've never scrapped chronologically, I print single pages and put them in an album by year and surprisingly that works for me (I'm usually pretty type A about organization and things). I have a lot of photos that have never been scrapped, and a lot that have been scrapped 2,3,4 times. I do it for the creative outlet.

MamaBee 12-03-2017 10:25 AM

I wish! haha... I'm all over the place - depending on the kit that strikes my mood. I would love to be "caught" up enough so that I could print my photobooks. I haven't printed anything, outside of a some layouts of what happened in the last year for my son's birthday wall. I have hundreds of layouts that aren't printed. I used to print them single pages and put them in albums. It is becoming hard for find 8x8 ding albums.

I've always thought that if I get the project life pages done, the rest of my pages I do are just bonus! Well.. I'm still a few years behind on getting daily albums done. :o I just keep plugging away... :)

kristalund 12-03-2017 10:55 AM

No. I don't think I ever have.

LeeAndra 12-03-2017 12:48 PM

I don't scrap chronologically but I do print chronologically. If I don't have something scrapped within 3 years of it happening, I normally write it off as not as important as I thought it was and move on.

I still have 2 monthly pages for my son's first year to do (November and December 2014) that I will give myself the leeway to finish next year but otherwise everything before 2015 is scrapped or scrapped enough to be done.

Scrapping, for me, is storytelling so I do so chronologically so the story makes the most sense.

Kiana 12-03-2017 01:07 PM

No. I just scrap what I want. And there are some photos that I've scrapped 3-4 times and some I haven't even scrapped yet. I have 3 albums printed that are older layouts, but still not in chrono order.

marlathrall 12-03-2017 01:13 PM

Kinda sorta. I make a list of everything I need for a photobook and then refer to that list when it's time to scrap. Honestly, I'm almost all PL at this point though!

I'm almost caught up with my 2017 album, but I have A LOT of 2016 to scrap. Having a baby was rough on my scrapping time! lol.

Saar 12-03-2017 01:22 PM

I started making lists as well! It really helps a lot. I also write down which kits I want to use for the photos and the journal I want to include.

AmieN1 12-03-2017 02:11 PM

Nope- although I do try to scrap last year's event (birthday or holiday) before the current year! ;)

mariewilcox 12-03-2017 07:17 PM

No, and I still do photobooks by year. I save all my layouts by year on a huge flash drive and when I finally finish a year I print the book. I figure eventually I'l have a full set of Cheyanne's first 17 years (birth through high school). She's on her own after she's done high school - LOL

joelsgirl 12-03-2017 08:23 PM

Nope. But I do make a list in my notebook of all the layouts I want to include in a printed album. I also put pictures in folders in a main folder called "To Scrap". It really helps me keep track of what I want to work on so I'm not looking through all my photos every time I have new template or kit to work with.

Kjersti 12-03-2017 09:23 PM

For the most part I scrap chronologically....I have big gaps that I'm trying to fill in!

nietis 12-04-2017 01:05 AM

I don't. But I don't print them out until the end of the year (or the year after), so I don't have the pressure to scrap them in order.

LynnZant 12-04-2017 07:54 AM

No, and I had over 2,000 layouts in a folder labeled "album." I just recently got organized by going through all bazillion of my photos and writing down what I wanted to scrap. Then I put each year's layouts in separate folders, went back, and put check marks next to things I had already scrapped. I was surprised how few check marks I had even though I have been scrapping since 2006.

I still don't scrap chronologically because it's more fun to do what I feel like, but if I ever get a year all checked off, I'll print that book.

adi&co. 12-12-2017 02:55 AM

Unprompted by anything, and yes I do it chronologically. Prompted by something else, most likely not