Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   And the 2020 Pantone color of the year is.... (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91718)

hollyxann 12-05-2019 11:52 AM

And the 2020 Pantone color of the year is....

One simple thing I always look forward to is the 'Color of the year' from Pantone. Not sure why but I love it lol
So without any other delay the 2020 Color of the year is....

CLASSIC BLUE
https://s3.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/N...8303136f04ccc1

According to Pantone, Classic Blue symbolizes “protection, stability, peace, and confidence” and “encourages deep thinking, open mindfulness, and communication.”

https://www.pantone.com/color-intell...-the-year-2020

What do y'all think?

LJSDesigns 12-05-2019 12:07 PM

I like it. But then I like blue a lot.

KristinCB 12-05-2019 12:36 PM

nice!! I love this blue

kendallt 12-05-2019 12:44 PM

It's pretty! I like it a lot better than some of the recent choices. ;)

kristalund 12-05-2019 01:00 PM

I like the meaning of it :)

MegCreations 12-05-2019 02:54 PM

Very pretty!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Leablahblah 12-05-2019 02:58 PM

I've never understood this. Who uses this as a reference?

I love that blue!

KristinCB 12-05-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1062980887)
I've never understood this. Who uses this as a reference?

I love that blue!

The fashion and design industry mostly

bcgal00 12-05-2019 03:26 PM

I have blue/green in the bathroom, a lot of blue in my wardrobe and yes....I do believe that is a very peaceful color.

LynnZant 12-05-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinCB (Post 1062980889)
The fashion and design industry mostly

Probably why I've never heard of this. I'm not too fashionable. Unless my blue jeans count. :D

Neverland Scraps 12-05-2019 06:58 PM

I hate the color blue :thumbdown: But since having a son, I'm learning to appreciate the color. :thumbup:

I was wondering when the new color was going to be announced. I'm glad it's a classic color and not some off the wall color. :wub:

KristinCB 12-05-2019 07:20 PM

wow I didn't know there were people out there that hated blue.. I always thought it was just a universally liked colour LOL!

LJSDesigns 12-05-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinCB (Post 1062980918)
wow I didn't know there were people out there that hated blue.. I always thought it was just a universally liked colour LOL!

Me too! I have to admit I am a color lover; there are very few I don't like. But when it comes to my wardrobe, I am a blue girl.

nietis 12-05-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinCB (Post 1062980918)

Lan doesn't like blue. He thinks it's too 'cold', which is the total opposite of me. I am a blue lover :p

YepBrook 12-05-2019 11:36 PM

I love that color!

cherrygutz 12-05-2019 11:40 PM

I love blue. Aside from the sea green (you know, the color of the beach before the deep blue? eh..), I believe that blue is peaceful and serene and calming. When I had my daughter I started to appreciate the color pink and glitter and rainbow.. :D

renatasluis 12-06-2019 02:15 AM

I like that color.
Blue is my favorite color.

Saar 12-06-2019 02:43 AM

I love it as well.
It’s my favorite Pantone color of the year since years.
I love the meaning of it as well. And I too think it’s peaceful and serene.
I’m a fan!!

hollyxann 12-06-2019 10:19 AM

I don't mind blue, I wear a lot of navy blue. I appreciate that it's a "normal" color and not one of those crazy ones they've chosen before lol

Leablahblah 12-06-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062980913)
I hate the color blue :thumbdown: But since having a son, I'm learning to appreciate the color. :thumbup:

I was wondering when the new color was going to be announced. I'm glad it's a classic color and not some off the wall color. :wub:

Why is blue in your signature if you hate it? :p
By the way, I always feel like you're sad while looking at your signature. lol I sure hope that's not the case!

cinderella 12-06-2019 03:51 PM

It was my favorite color till my 30s. Last decade has been all about pink!

joelsgirl 12-06-2019 06:58 PM

I love blue, so I hope we see lots and lots of stuff in that color.

Neverland Scraps 12-06-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1062981023)
Why is blue in your signature if you hate it? :p
By the way, I always feel like you're sad while looking at your signature. lol I sure hope that's not the case!

Like I said, "I'm learning to like blue"
I used to never (happily) scrap with blue or even design with blue, unless I had to for collabs or if Dawn asked me to! :D

When we moved to CO, I painted my room a light, baby blue. It made the room feel cold (I am like Sherly's husband and think blue is cold, off-putting) I only did it because my husband's favorite color is Honolulu Blue (it's a Detroit Lions - NFL thing). He LOVED it. Three years in that room, it helped me appreciate blue more and more. But I'm not a huge blue person. I even bought a blue shirt before we moved here to KY! Can you believe it? Okay, it's not solid blue, but it has blue in it! :mellow::huh:

Yeah, my siggy....It’s changed. No more blue, sad and depressing siggy. Now it’s about all of my online friends :wub:

craftytam 12-07-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendallt (Post 1062980873)
It's pretty! I like it a lot better than some of the recent choices. ;)

I was thinking this exact same thing!

rach3975 12-07-2019 07:40 PM

I like it well enough. I agree that it's better than some of their recent picks! I like blue and scrap with it a lot, so I'm perfectly happy to see it influence the digiscrapping industry. (Not that there was any shortage of blue until now, LOL!) I wear dark blue jeans almost every day, so I'd probably avoid that blue in fashion since it would look very blah with most of my jeans.

Leablahblah 12-08-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062981035)
Like I said, "I'm learning to like blue"
I used to never (happily) scrap with blue or even design with blue, unless I had to for collabs or if Dawn asked me to! :D

When we moved to CO, I painted my room a light, baby blue. It made the room feel cold (I am like Sherly's husband and think blue is cold, off-putting) I only did it because my husband's favorite color is Honolulu Blue (it's a Detroit Lions - NFL thing). He LOVED it. Three years in that room, it helped me appreciate blue more and more. But I'm not a huge blue person. I even bought a blue shirt before we moved here to KY! Can you believe it? Okay, it's not solid blue, but it has blue in it! :mellow::huh:

Yeah, my siggy....It’s changed. No more blue, sad and depressing siggy. Now it’s about all of my online friends :wub:

I love that you're making some huge efforts to please your husband and painted a room blue! My dream is to have a dark blue bedroom. I love a dark room to sleep in.

I love your new siggie!! :) It doesn't make me think you're sad anymore :thumbup:
(Is Francesca a real person?)

Neverland Scraps 12-08-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1062981204)
I love that you're making some huge efforts to please your husband and painted a room blue! My dream is to have a dark blue bedroom. I love a dark room to sleep in.

I love your new siggie!! :) It doesn't make me think you're sad anymore :thumbup:
(Is Francesca a real person?)

yes, it's the person who is quoted in the siggy

And the room---that was our old house in Co. This new house, belongs to the military and I'm not painting anything. So ugly poop-brown it is for the next three years :thumbdown:

Leablahblah 12-09-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062981206)
yes, it's the person who is quoted in the siggy

And the room---that was our old house in Co. This new house, belongs to the military and I'm not painting anything. So ugly poop-brown it is for the next three years :thumbdown:

LOL I am so sorry about the ugly poop-brown!:D