Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What excites you about Digital Scrapbooking? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92664)

nesser1981 05-19-2020 04:13 PM

What excites you about Digital Scrapbooking?

I thought this would be something fun to talk about. I'm going to post this same question an Facebook tomorrow.

I know this came up when we were talking about scrapping goals last week, July will be my 14th anniversay of digital scrapbooking, I just printed my 50th family album, I have one ready to order, and I'm just about finished with another one. So, after all these years and pages, I was trying to think, what still gets me excited to keep scrapping.

Great kits! For starters, I know even though my holiday layouts get repetitive, I don't work nearly as hard to get the perfect picture as I did 10 years ago, but when you have the perfect kit, that makes me excited.

Vacation pictures make me excited. It's something different. I really look forward to scrapping those.

I think almost anything outside the normal/typical stuff I scrap year to year makes me excited. How about you?

Getting a printed book still excites me!

I know there are a lot of old timers around, people that have been doing this even longer than I have. LOL! I'd love to hear what keeps their creativity and excitement there.

lovely1m 05-19-2020 04:30 PM

I've been doing this for I think 13 years now. New themed kits are definitely still exciting. I still love scrapping summer & Christmas layouts. Vacation albums, I love once I start, but it's very intimidating to start. They are just so important to me. I take so many less photos now that my son is older that it's not quite as intimidating to see my list of photos to scrap, too.

bcgal00 05-19-2020 04:42 PM

I think what excites me about my scrapping is the variety of products. It allows me to switch up my scrapping style and the photos I use.

I can scrap nature/outdoor/wildlife photos and my little heart goes pitter patter over the greenery, flowers, paint, etc that I can use for those photos.

For family photos I love to use lots of patterns, colors and themed elements.

For "about me" pages I love great WA.

The variety is so much better than it was yrs ago when I first started out and I never get bored with scrapping.

KristinCB 05-19-2020 07:57 PM

the idea of one day having a printed book.... hahahaha

as a designer seeing pages and books (ESPECIALLY COVERS!) scrapped with things i make has never gotten old

joelsgirl 05-19-2020 08:03 PM

This November will mark 15 years for me, and I am so thankful I discovered digital scrapbooking.

I love the colors & patterns in papers the very most. It makes the little kid inside me so happy, kind of like coloring.

I love the memories & the pictures.

I LOVE looking at my completed albums & seeing my kids gathered around a book, talking about the memories.

I love the opportunity for artistic self-expression.

And I love being a part of the community here at the Sweet Shoppe.

knittingbec 05-19-2020 08:46 PM

Having a completed book! I think this is even more exciting as a digi-scrapper than it was when I was a paper scrapper! The "delayed gratification" makes getting a whole book of layouts feel super special. I am actually uploading my finished (today!) 2019 Project Life album right now!! And what are the odds that there's a big sale on the day that I finished the final page!?!? Super exciting!

rach3975 05-20-2020 02:01 AM

I hit 15 years in March. It used to be adorable photos, stories, and quotes, but my kids are way past that cute stage. I love the kits, the rare really good photo of one of us, and good family photos of either the 5 of us or our 14-member close extended family. Disney photos do it, too! I also love finishing a book and getting it printed. I'm a couple of years behind, so that feels like real progress and means I get a whole new batch of photos to work with. (I work on 1 chronological album at a time, so finishing one means I move onto the next 4-6 month period.)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MandaT 05-20-2020 02:15 AM

Getting to create something amazing without making a HUGE mess or having 100 totes to pull out of the craft closet.
All the fun kits, patterns, colors and knowing if something isn't exactly the colors I'm wanting I can tweak them if need be. (rare!)
Having a creative outlet that's all mine.
Printing books (although about 8 years behind).

LynnZant 05-20-2020 08:16 AM

I started in 2006, and the things that got me excited back then are the same today--creative outlet, shopping, and community. Digi has it all!

biancka 05-20-2020 08:20 AM

Several things...first of all, being able to preserve precious (and sometimes not so precious) memories. I love being creative on my laptop and that it doesn't create any mess (unlike paper scrapbooking), the community & friends I have made through this hobby and also seeing the creativity of designers and I am always in awe how they come up with new ideas to design amazing kits for us to work with.

Neverland Scraps 05-20-2020 06:57 PM

I've been doing this since 2005 and I know my kids excitement fuels the excitement of scrapping. If I go a day without scrapping, they notice. They might encourage me to scrap, sit and chat with me while I scrap or they might give me photos asking me to scrap them. They LOVE seeing their layouts on my computer and always look forward to them being printed! Right there is one of the main reasons why I still do it after all of these years! :thumbup:

Kiana 05-20-2020 07:05 PM

This has become such a creative outlet for me. I think the amazing art I can create is what excites me. That and all the new pretty stuff in the shop. lol

icindi 05-21-2020 10:58 AM

I get really excited if I have good photos to scrap since they’re harder to find these days with adult kids.

New products excite me and keep me going through any creative slumps.

Having a creative outlet and a community with good scrappy friends is important to me and excites me.

Recording memories and seeing my family enjoy reliving the memories through albums is always exciting too!