Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   craft desk or reading corner (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52283)

scrappinsweetie 03-28-2011 09:02 AM

craft desk or reading corner

Ok, we have rearranged our bedroom and have started the painting process. I am LOVING it, but it has opened up a corner in the room that I can either move a desk into for a craft desk or i can buy an oversized chair for a reading corner. now with us being crafty people here i know you are tempted to hit the craft desk button without looking back, but here is something else that keeps playing in my mind. i have ALWAYS wanted a reading corner, plus i am in school full time for psychology, so a reading corner would be very nice. i am seriously torn between the two so let's talk negs and pros and let me know what you would do :)

emmasmommy 03-28-2011 09:05 AM

i would do the reading corner...but i'm not especially crafty outside of my computer lol

KateD 03-28-2011 09:14 AM

I would definitely choose a reading chair. I'm lucky enough now to have a craft room, but even if I didn't I'd choose the reading chair. My bedroom is a place to relax and hang out with hubby and I wouldn't want to mix that up with the creative energy of crafting. Besides, I have a hard enough time switching gears away from scrapping/crafting when it's time for bed now; it would be nearly impossible if my crafting space was in my bedroom :blink:.

scrappinsweetie 03-28-2011 09:17 AM

thanks for bringing up that point Kate, i knew there was another major factor here that i was missing. that is a good one. my hubby has a desk in here already for the "home" office and sometimes it is irritating.

BrattyMeg 03-28-2011 09:18 AM

Reading chair :) I recently moved a chair into our bedroom and dh and I have both enjoyed it tremendously! (both big readers)

you can always relax and read in the chair while he works at his desk!

Sarah8914 03-28-2011 09:21 AM

I don't craft in my bedroom (I do it where the kids play) so that wouldn't be practical for me! Our bedroom is huge and I'd love to rearrange and make room for a reading area! I don't know how much we would use it (maybe it would make us use it more!) but it's a happy thought!

MamaBee 03-28-2011 09:48 AM

When I was single and pre-digi days, I used to have a craft table in my bedroom - it was okay - but I'm a messy scrapper, so if I was in middle of a project, I didn't want put it away, so the clutter would continue to pile up because really, when are you ever done? ;)

Now, I have a reading chair in my bedroom, but it always get piled up with stuff... :mad: so my spring goals is to keep that cleaned off so I can get back into reading....

lilmommy319 03-28-2011 10:10 AM

I was actually so desperate for a craft space that I used 1/2 of my walk in closet to build a craft desk and shelving system for it! LOL!

ColleenSwerb 03-28-2011 10:11 AM

I would def do a reading corner. Get a cute little table and a table lamp to put next to it too. :)

adrianka 03-28-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateD (Post 797143)
I would definitely choose a reading chair. I'm lucky enough now to have a craft room, but even if I didn't I'd choose the reading chair. My bedroom is a place to relax and hang out with hubby and I wouldn't want to mix that up with the creative energy of crafting. Besides, I have a hard enough time switching gears away from scrapping/crafting when it's time for bed now; it would be nearly impossible if my crafting space was in my bedroom :blink:.

This. Minus the hubby. :-)

I like to keep anything busy from the bedroom. Bedrooms are for relaxing. :-)

mrshobbes 03-28-2011 11:23 AM

I chose craft desk, because I do most of my reading in bed and to me, "craft desk" is really just shorthand for "place to scrap in" :p

nun69 03-28-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrshobbes (Post 797209)
I chose craft desk, because I do most of my reading in bed and to me, "craft desk" is really just shorthand for "place to scrap in" :p

this is me too :) even though my bedroom is so big we are going to put a whole seating are in one corner {probably 2 loveseats and a table}....it is soo big and empty that it isn't very "warm and inviting" in there....

ditzyscrap 03-28-2011 11:46 AM

Definitely a reading corner for me...it's my dream to one day have a big comfy chair and blanket to curl up in with a book...

deepounds 03-28-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb (Post 797180)
I would def do a reading corner. Get a cute little table and a table lamp to put next to it too. :)

That ^ :)

scrappinsweetie 03-28-2011 02:17 PM

thanks everyone! i am really leaning towards the reading corner. the more i think about it the more it makes more sense to have a reading corner. i have a big wicker chair from pier one that i will probably bring home from the studio to use. we are trying to watch money and i don't use the chair that much anymore. so i will probably get a new cushion for it to match the room and go with it. it has arms on it too. i will see if i can find a pic. i have thought about a papsan chair too, but if i have something i can use now i might as well use it :)