Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   12 Step Program for Scrapbookers (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94499)

Kimberly27 08-16-2021 11:13 AM

12 Step Program for Scrapbookers

I think I need a 12 step program or maybe 12x12 step program for scrapbookers. :w00t:

I organize my kits using Bianca's DigiScrap Catalog. I was moving kits over there and making sure my tags were all there. I then starting going through ALL my kits and pulling the previews of ones that I have not used yet. Y'all or as my kids would say Bruh! There are 68 sweet shoppe kits in there that I have bought and not used. :D:D:D Only a small number (5 or so) are freebies...I need help.
To make matters worse I have over 800 kits on my EHD... :w00t: Some are my own that I designed but that is maybe 100 or so...Y'all is there help or hope? LOL

What is your favorite category of kits that you hoard or buy no matter if you will use it right off or not? For me it is travel, outdoors, boys, Disney, anything Harry Potter, anything with gnomes and CHRISTMAS! LOL that is a lot now that I look at it...oops I love fall kits too but we don't even have a fall here really. The leaves FALL in April not actual fall.

https://www.scrapbook.com/articles/a...X12PROGRAM.jpg

LynnZant 08-16-2021 12:26 PM

I'm okay with being a hoarder and not using my stash. I maintain that I AM sane and don't need any help. LOL

LJSDesigns 08-16-2021 12:33 PM

I do the same with designer resources. I buy them even without any idea how I might use them someday, which is okay because I can write them off at tax time. Keeping it all organized is another story. Will Bianka's program work for those too?

iScrap 08-16-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnZant (Post 1063058979)
I'm okay with being a hoarder and not using my stash. I maintain that I AM sane and don't need any help. LOL

hahah! SAME! :D

gonewiththewind 08-16-2021 01:04 PM

I've been trying to use the Shadowbox challenges to help me dig into my stash a bit more, but like you, I have a LOT of kits. If I can keep up with scrapping daily again, I'll be able to get through a lot of my hoard. LOL

AmieN1 08-16-2021 01:41 PM

I keep a TO_USE folder on my desktop & then once I use them I move them over to my EHD. I ALWAYS try to use one of those kits/templates before going to my stash, but there's definitely still a lot in that folder.

I can't resist- softball/hockey, lake, dog and anything Kristin creates! lol

StacyLynn 08-16-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Yup, me too! A few years ago I counted approx 650 kits....

Kimberly27 08-16-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Love this! Thankfully hubby doesn't care one bit. We give each other an "allowance" each month to spend on whatever we want, no questions asked...He goes to lunch with friends and saves for running gear and I scrapbook. :)

Kimberly27 08-16-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmieN1 (Post 1063059005)
I keep a TO_USE folder on my desktop & then once I use them I move them over to my EHD. I ALWAYS try to use one of those kits/templates before going to my stash, but there's definitely still a lot in that folder.

I can't resist- softball/hockey, lake, dog and anything Kristin creates! lol

A to use folder would be taking up my hard drive. :D It is a good idea. I just put the previews of mine so I can see which I should grab first.

I am a sucker for Kristin's kits and Wendy's Gnomes. I have something from every one of the designers by this point. I am also a sucker for Flergs Adventure kits and Remember the magic kits as well as Meghan and Wendy's Animated Dream...Those are some in my need to use folder but I bought them bc I love the themes. LOL OCD maybe...gotta have the whole collection. :thumbup:

Kimberly27 08-16-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonewiththewind (Post 1063058994)
I've been trying to use the Shadowbox challenges to help me dig into my stash a bit more, but like you, I have a LOT of kits. If I can keep up with scrapping daily again, I'll be able to get through a lot of my hoard. LOL

The daily challenges help a lot. I think it will be easier for me once the kids are at school too. Hubby is finally back to work and I have my office back...quiet house coming soon. Whoop!:w00t:

Kimberly27 08-16-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJSDesigns (Post 1063058982)
I do the same with designer resources. I buy them even without any idea how I might use them someday, which is okay because I can write them off at tax time. Keeping it all organized is another story. Will Bianka's program work for those too?

If you have your items in folders then yes it should work for it. You can search DigiScrap Catalog on Facebook to get to her group. I love being able to pull it up and search a word like dreamcatcher (from the challenges) and it will pull up all my kits with that in it. I have my tags pretty long with wordart phrases, key elements, paint etc.

joelsgirl 08-17-2021 12:26 AM

I keep mine in a folder called "Unused" but most of the stuff in there is over a year old, maybe more. I find that keeping them in there helps me remember what I really like to scrap with and not buy extra stuff. Esepcially when I tend to find myself in Kristin's folder anytime I'm not scrapping for a CT requirement.

nun69 08-17-2021 12:58 AM

I use to keep an "unused" folder.....bope, nada, finito! that damn folder got put right in the recycle bin and deleted wen I came back to scrapping last year after a sad 5 year hiatus! so now, I don't even worry about what I download and haven't used...it goes in to its appropriate folder after being unzipped and BAM, no more guilt! and I have probably as many kit as you do but I don't "tag" or organize anything because my brain doesn't really "think" to scrap that way. Honestly I don't really understand the whole tagging thing :( I would love to and love to see some videos of other gals digi scrapping so I could watch their process because I think there is a much faster way to scrap than the way I do it LOL! My brain finds a kit that goes with my pictures or a kit I want to scrap with and then find the pictures :p
For kits that I hoard...Disney (nothing has been deleted from this file since 2005 :p ), Halloween & Christmas (nothing ever deleted here either)...
I'm also a sucker for anything from Kristin, Flergs (especially the Disney), Amanda & Wendy's Around The World Series, ALL of Wendy's Gnome kits and EVERYTHING by Em (the Nifty Pixel)

side note: I still have tons of kits from La, Jenn, Dani Mogstad, Libby, & Shawna and they are still some of my all time FAV designers :)

Kiana 08-17-2021 06:08 AM

Quote:

SAME!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

As far as what I can't resist.....?
Anything that looks pretty to me.....rofl
https://media4.giphy.com/media/1X4FZ...kcL2/giphy.gif

Kimberly27 08-17-2021 09:24 AM

The tagging thing helps the OCD in me but it also helps me search for the right kit bc I have so many! LOL
I search telephone yesterday for the kit I used and could see all the kits with phones in them and pick the one I like the best. I have all my Disney ones tagged as Disney but also characters, key elements so I am looking for a crown it will pull them all up and I can use the crown I like best. If that makes sense.

Kiana that is me...I have made myself wait and buy when I have my 40% off coupon and then I buy most or all in my wish list! LOL or when they are on sale, but sometimes I will want one to scrap a certain photo and just buy it. :)

Hi my name is Kimberly and I love pretty digital scrapbooking kits. :)

Tree City 08-17-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberly27 (Post 1063059151)
The tagging thing helps the OCD in me but it also helps me search for the right kit bc I have so many! LOL

I love tagging my kits! I also have an Excel spreadsheet with more specific info.

I don't worry about what I buy/when I use it, though. I don't spend more than I can afford and eventually I use everything. Mostly. :D

cinderella 08-17-2021 01:11 PM

All my kits live in my EHD; I only keep the unused ones in my pc. I've decided to use only those for the Shadowbox challenges and I'm doing pretty good. You know, until the next sale!

Kiana 08-17-2021 02:23 PM

I tried tagging my products, but gave that up. I just keep folder previews and will look through those or I'll search for a specific thing, like Kimberly

gonewiththewind 08-17-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nun69 (Post 1063059126)
I would love to see some videos of other gals digi scrapping so I could watch their process because I think there is a much faster way to scrap than the way I do it.

Most of my videos don't show my second screen, where I pull supplies from, but some of my live sessions will show that. I don't know of many other digi scrappers that record their scrapbooking process. My daughter Olivia does and here's her YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmZ...Ica4C7w/videosAnd here's mine: https://www.youtube.com/c/WatchCherylScrap/videos

If anyone knows of more digi scrappers that share their process, let me know! :wub:

gonewiththewind 08-17-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberly27 (Post 1063059027)
The daily challenges help a lot. I think it will be easier for me once the kids are at school too. Hubby is finally back to work and I have my office back...quiet house coming soon. Whoop!:w00t:

Yes! It was nice having a quiet week last week, but then he was home on Monday because they closed the schools with that tropical storm approaching (and then nothing even happened LOL). When do your kiddos go back to school?

jaye 08-17-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

I am the same Lynn :)