Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OMG! Facebook sucks!! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94232)

Leablahblah 06-18-2021 08:41 PM

OMG! Facebook sucks!!

I am so fed up with Facebook! I've been pretty much banned from all groups and cannot share my CT layouts anywhere because every time I post it creates this ad thinking I'm selling something. I used to manually change it for every single layout in each post but now I can't do anything at all. What do I do?? I sent a ticket to Facebook but in the meantime I can't even share anything! I can't even post this in the Sweet Shoppe chatter.

And look at the date I'm banned until?? It doesn't even make sense!
I'm freaking devastated!

https://i.imgur.com/XXMJaFkl.png

SweetChar 06-18-2021 09:13 PM

lol I can't help but chuckle. Banned? You? I was just about to go post my layouts. Wonder if I'll get banned, too? lol I was sort of not looking forward to it...now you've made me even more hesitant. lol

(Came back to add...hope I didn't offend you by chuckling. The ban and especially for how long is ridiculous. Absurd! Hope they reverse that quickly.)

SweetChar 06-18-2021 09:16 PM

Weird...my notifications tell me that you posted a picture in Chatter. But, when I click on the notification, it just takes me to the page and your post/picture isn't there. I'm about to see if it let's me post...

Well...it let me post. It, of course, had it as if I was selling something but it let me change that setting (which I have to do every single post, too.)

I don't know what to tell you. :blink:
Hugs! :hugs:

rach3975 06-18-2021 10:43 PM

That's crazy. I hope they get it straightened out soon. December 4th of whatever year that is is a long, long time to be banned, LOL! (Sorry--trying to laugh with you. Too soon?)

Dalis 06-18-2021 11:37 PM

The year on that warning is funny, sorry you are banned, it does suck!

bcgal00 06-19-2021 12:32 AM

That is just crazy! I did have a laugh about the date you’re banned until...jeez...that is nuts.

mywisecrafts 06-19-2021 03:05 AM

So, I have noticed that if I use my "business page" to share layouts to other groups, the "ad" part doesn't show up. I share most of my layouts on FB from my personal "business" page called "mywisecrafts". I kinda have the 8-10 groups that are ok with actually sales being advertised memorized and usually share to those from my "mywisecrafts" page and then post specifically to like 3-4 other pages as myself and make sure the "ad" format is turned off before I leave the page.

If what I just said doesn't make any sense, you can let me know. LOL.
That year is hilarious on that notice.

Leablahblah 06-19-2021 07:08 AM

Ugh! Yeah I usually post and turn off the sale ad right away.
Maybe I should create a business page but I don’t really want the hassle of managing something else on Facebook.

mywisecrafts 06-19-2021 11:01 AM

I do hear you on that in regards to managing another page….one of the positives is it saves you from having to copy and paste for each group…. Since you would be sharing from that page.

Kimberly27 06-19-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisdomes (Post 1063051948)
I do hear you on that in regards to managing another page….one of the positives is it saves you from having to copy and paste for each group…. Since you would be sharing from that page.

I never thought to do that. I have a business page or two...one from my designing days. I should use those.

Kiana 06-19-2021 12:33 PM

I've found that my work around is to post just the layout. No description and then just edit it to add the links and stuff and then it works fine.
Sorry lea. That sucks!

iScrap 06-19-2021 12:38 PM

So sorry this is happening to you! I hope it's resolved quickly for you!

Dalis 06-19-2021 12:51 PM

have they gotten back to you?

Leablahblah 06-19-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalis (Post 1063051963)
have they gotten back to you?

nope, nothing!

Thanks for all the other tips ladies. I'll try!

craftytam 06-19-2021 02:14 PM

That is so frustrating!! :( I hope it gets resolved!!

Leablahblah 06-19-2021 02:16 PM

Oh but I just tried posting a layout in Sweet Shoppe Chatter and it worked! I still had to manually remove the sale ad but I got in! Woohoo!!

craftytam 06-19-2021 02:22 PM

Woohoo!!

rach3975 06-20-2021 10:10 PM

Yeah!

wendyp 06-21-2021 12:43 AM

When i post a page with my personal account i do five credits, but don't place links in it. I never have seen the sale trouble on any of the layouts i place. Maybe it is because of the linking?

lingovise 06-21-2021 09:18 AM

This is a bug according to the news in the support/marketing group that FB has for group admins. It's occurring in all kinds of FB groups right now. I'm not sure how they're addressing/correcting it but lots of people are getting the error. It's incredibly frustrating.

Leablahblah 06-21-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingovise (Post 1063052060)
This is a bug according to the news in the support/marketing group that FB has for group admins. It's occurring in all kinds of FB groups right now. I'm not sure how they're addressing/correcting it but lots of people are getting the error. It's incredibly frustrating.

Yes, so very frustrating!!

Also the fact that they changed the sharing feature. I was able to just click all the groups at once that I wanted a layout shared on. Can't do that anymore. I have to share each one individually. Takes forever!

Leablahblah 06-21-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendyp (Post 1063052051)
When i post a page with my personal account i do five credits, but don't place links in it. I never have seen the sale trouble on any of the layouts i place. Maybe it is because of the linking?

I think you're right. It is the links that are causing the problem. But as a CT member I think the designer really want those links posted so I don't have the option to remove them. Or do like Kiana said and post without credits, then edit the post and add the links. It's one extra step...

Neverland Scraps 06-24-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leablahblah (Post 1063051973)
Oh but I just tried posting a layout in Sweet Shoppe Chatter and it worked! I still had to manually remove the sale ad but I got in! Woohoo!!

Yay!!! So glad you are out of FB jail!! I hope they are able to fix it so that more of us aren't in the same predicament that you were in this past week!

aussiegirl 06-28-2021 01:35 PM

I have to do what Kiana does. I post the layout without the credits. Then either edit it to add the description or post the credits in a comment. Good luck!