Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Any April Fools Jokes? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92414)

Neverland Scraps 04-02-2020 12:10 AM

Any April Fools Jokes?

Did anyone do any April Fools Jokes today?

We aren't big practical jokers in our house, but my son was pleading with his sisters to play a joke on him ALL.DAY.LONG. So my middle agreed to do one with him after dinner. Not sure what she was going to do, I told her to take it outside because I didn't want to clean up the mess.

When they got outside, she asked him a couple questions like:
What does a dog say?
What does a cat say?
What does a bear say?

To which he answered every single question perfectly! While she was asking him questions, she was drinking from her glass. Then she asked him, "What does a whale say?" and he said, "I don't know" Then this happened:
https://scontent.fbna1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a7&oe=5EAA4670

He was so shocked, we all thought he was crying, but he was laughing so hard that he couldn't catch his breath!! We were afraid he was going to have an asthma attack, so we got him calmed down and then he started running around the patio begging her to spray him again!! I'm really thankful I told them to go outside and impressed that I actually got the photo of her spitting the water at him!! (which was completely gross and he got a shower right away!)

So what about you?
Any practical jokers in your house today?

cherrygutz 04-02-2020 12:30 AM

Well I woke my daughter up at 2am and told her the bus is coming and that she should dress up and her breakfast is to go (for the first time). She was in a hurry I thought she's gonna cry because I kept on calling her from downstairs :w00t: When she was about to put on her shoes, I think she realized that there was no school and she was like, "wait a minute! There's no school outside!!" :D
My husband was laughing so hard I had to make him go to the bathroom because we're gonna wake up the neighbors.

biancka 04-02-2020 04:19 AM

That is so funny !! LOL We do have jokers in this house but no funny things happened this April Foolsday. Edwin was just too busy working, Jasper was too busy with school and I was just to miserable...we'll have a whole year to think of something for next year :)

LeeAndra 04-02-2020 09:59 AM

Once my son realized it was April Fools' Day, he spent the day saying, "Look over there! It's a blue goose!" and other things like that and then saying, "Just kidding!" before bursting into laughter.

:D:D:D

Having an almost 6-year-old during the quarantine has been such a mood lightener for us.

stephc777 04-02-2020 12:24 PM

I have a facebook friend whose daughter tried to play an April Fools prank on her brother that backfired. She took all the toilet paper out from where they were keeping it in the bathroom and put it in the shower (behind a shower curtain where it couldn't be seen) and replaced the toilet paper with duct tape. Unfortunately the son decided to take a shower first thing before using the toilet and turned on the water without realizing their entire toilet paper stock was in there - they were attempting to air/sun dry and salvage what they could yesterday - toilet paper is hard to find in the stores here ... Such a bummer!

Neverland Scraps 04-02-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephc777 (Post 1062998969)
I have a facebook friend whose daughter tried to play an April Fools prank on her brother that backfired. She took all the toilet paper out from where they were keeping it in the bathroom and put it in the shower (behind a shower curtain where it couldn't be seen) and replaced the toilet paper with duct tape. Unfortunately the son decided to take a shower first thing before using the toilet and turned on the water without realizing their entire toilet paper stock was in there - they were attempting to air/sun dry and salvage what they could yesterday - toilet paper is hard to find in the stores here ... Such a bummer!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/WpaVh...yI1/source.gif

Leablahblah 04-02-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

oooh nooooo!! That's too bad! It was a good prank!

Wendy this is too funny and I love that you got the perfect photo!

icindi 04-02-2020 08:34 PM

Thanks for the laughs! Glad I could live vicariously through you guys since nothing funny happened around here this April fool's day!

knittingbec 04-02-2020 08:36 PM

Hilarious, Wendy!

lovely1m 04-02-2020 08:59 PM

That's super funny. I bought my son a chicken dinner cupcake set with cupcakes made to look like a chicken drumstick, mashed potatoes and peas. He loved it

LynnZant 04-02-2020 09:53 PM

Too funny, Wendy! That photo is priceless!
We watched April Fool YouTube videos of cookies that look like other foods. Hopefully, I'll remember to try one next year.

Neverland Scraps 04-02-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovely1m (Post 1062999096)
That's super funny. I bought my son a chicken dinner cupcake set with cupcakes made to look like a chicken drumstick, mashed potatoes and peas. He loved it

Oh I love it!!! Did you take any photos of them??

aurian 04-02-2020 09:59 PM

My 8yo and 5yo boys love jokes, so I changed a few things in the house while they were sleeping the night before April Fool's Day. Drawings on the fridge upside down, I took all the plastic pockets of cereal out of the boxes and replaced them with stuffed toys instead. They thought this was all hilarious! Small things to keep it light here. xx

MegCreations 04-02-2020 09:59 PM

Got my kids with my favorite one. We made a whole kool-aid pitcher of jello so when they go to pour it, they don't understand why it's not pouring. I used it on them 3 years ago and they LOVED talking about it all the time. They mentioned it a couple of weeks ago so I didn't know if it would work on them but, it did! got my daughter good!

craftytam 04-03-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Oh no!!! That's awful! It would be funny under different circumstances :D

craftytam 04-03-2020 04:35 PM

I didn't even realize it was April Fools Day until half-way through the day. LOL!
Our daughter (who had her 3rd baby at 26 weeks on February 11th, played a joke on her husband.
She left a pregnancy test on his night stand. It had a negative result, but he couldn't see that until he picked it up. She posted a video on IG. His expression was priceless!! :D

Neverland Scraps 04-05-2020 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aurian (Post 1062999108)
My 8yo and 5yo boys love jokes, so I changed a few things in the house while they were sleeping the night before April Fool's Day. Drawings on the fridge upside down, I took all the plastic pockets of cereal out of the boxes and replaced them with stuffed toys instead. They thought this was all hilarious! Small things to keep it light here. xx

That is so cute!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegCreations (Post 1062999109)
Got my kids with my favorite one. We made a whole kool-aid pitcher of jello so when they go to pour it, they don't understand why it's not pouring. I used it on them 3 years ago and they LOVED talking about it all the time. They mentioned it a couple of weeks ago so I didn't know if it would work on them but, it did! got my daughter good!

That's so priceless!! I might have to try this next year! The kids are always asking me to make kool-aid!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062999340)
I didn't even realize it was April Fools Day until half-way through the day. LOL!
Our daughter (who had her 3rd baby at 26 weeks on February 11th, played a joke on her husband.
She left a pregnancy test on his night stand. It had a negative result, but he couldn't see that until he picked it up. She posted a video on IG. His expression was priceless!! :D

Could you have imagined if it was positive? :blink:

craftytam 04-05-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062999562)
Could you have imagined if it was positive? :blink:

OMGoodness!!! Right?! :blink:

StacyLynn 04-06-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062998881)
Did anyone do any April Fools Jokes today?

We aren't big practical jokers in our house, but my son was pleading with his sisters to play a joke on him ALL.DAY.LONG. So my middle agreed to do one with him after dinner. Not sure what she was going to do, I told her to take it outside because I didn't want to clean up the mess.

When they got outside, she asked him a couple questions like:
What does a dog say?
What does a cat say?
What does a bear say?

To which he answered every single question perfectly! While she was asking him questions, she was drinking from her glass. Then she asked him, "What does a whale say?" and he said, "I don't know" Then this happened:
https://scontent.fbna1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a7&oe=5EAA4670

He was so shocked, we all thought he was crying, but he was laughing so hard that he couldn't catch his breath!! We were afraid he was going to have an asthma attack, so we got him calmed down and then he started running around the patio begging her to spray him again!! I'm really thankful I told them to go outside and impressed that I actually got the photo of her spitting the water at him!! (which was completely gross and he got a shower right away!)

So what about you?
Any practical jokers in your house today?

Oh my gosh! Awesome photo and what a great memory!!!!

StacyLynn 04-06-2020 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrygutz (Post 1062998887)
Well I woke my daughter up at 2am and told her the bus is coming and that she should dress up and her breakfast is to go (for the first time). She was in a hurry I thought she's gonna cry because I kept on calling her from downstairs :w00t: When she was about to put on her shoes, I think she realized that there was no school and she was like, "wait a minute! There's no school outside!!" :D
My husband was laughing so hard I had to make him go to the bathroom because we're gonna wake up the neighbors.

HAHAHAHA Love it!

StacyLynn 04-06-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Oh my goodness..... it would have been a great prank..... whoops.

StacyLynn 04-06-2020 08:22 AM

Ladies... these were great! Thank you for the laughs and giggles!!!

No jokes here.....